Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

mds_02
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2012, 3:27 pm

Yeah, but only when someone has greater success in areas that I consider my strong suits.

Someone makes more money than me, I don't mind because I've always sucked at that.

Someone's a better cook, that bugs the crap outta me. Very black and white thinking. Either I'm the best at something, or I suck at it. There's no such thing as "pretty good" for me.

But I try to channel it positively. Use it as motivation to get better at whatever that person beat me at.

And it feels pretty soft to me. 

Modest Mouse - The View

EmmaUK12
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2012, 3:30 pm

mds_02 wrote:
Yeah, but only when someone has greater success in areas that I consider my strong suits.

Someone makes more money than me, I don't mind because I've always sucked at that.

Someone's a better cook, that bugs the crap outta me. Very black and white thinking. Either I'm the best at something, or I suck at it. There's no such thing as "pretty good" for me.

But I try to channel it positively. Use it as motivation to get better at whatever that person beat me at.

Same here.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2012, 4:10 pm

I become jealous very easily. The two things that trigger the most jealousy in me are other women who are more attractive than I am and anyone who is better at art than I am, especially if they are around my age group or younger.