Calling All Aspies and Non-NTs......

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

LiberalJustice
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2012, 10:29 pm

I was petting my cat a while ago and while I was petting her the question came into my mind: Is a love of animals more common amongst Aspies and other Non-NTs, or is it just me? I know a number of people I've run into on WP have either said or implied that they have a very strong love of animals, so I was just curious.

Adopted mother to a cat named Charlotte, and grandmother to 3 kittens.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2012, 11:12 pm

Like I said in a recent topic:

Animals > inanimate objects > people.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2012, 11:23 pm

^ lol

TechnoDog
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2012, 11:58 pm

Jory wrote:
Like I said in a recent topic:

Animals > inanimate objects > people.

nonononononoNONOnonononono

Animals > Plants > inanimate objects > people

Argument is people talk & play music to the plant & the plant responds to it. If you say its inanimate :scratch:

Quote:
wild tobacco plants can detect that they are being eaten by a particular type of caterpillar called the hornworm, based on the "smell" of its saliva. The plants then call in the caterpillar's predators by releasing other chemical scents.

1) We can detect if we are been eaten & a animal can detect that it's been eaten.
2) Plant needs energy.
3) Water.
4) Resource.

5) We might just not understand the plants language or communication style.
6) Plant can glow.
7) Plant can die.
etc.

:drunken: :jester:

?When you make a mistake, don't look back at it long. Take the reason of the thing into your mind and then look forward. Mistakes are lessons of wisdom. The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power.?

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 3:33 am

I've also noticed it's common in childfree people as well. They also love pets and are pet lovers but some of them are crazy pet lovers, I should say a lot of them are.

TechnoDog
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 5:26 am

League_Girl wrote:
I've also noticed it's common in childfree people as well. They also love pets and are pet lovers but some of them are crazy pet lovers, I should say a lot of them are.

You mean people who can't stop rescuing animals, till the point it becomes a health risk & they is too many to handle or addicted like someone who can't stop having kids, kind of thing.

Kinda reminds me of the rescuing food from the shop or waste.

Maybe the key word is "love", attachment?

?When you make a mistake, don't look back at it long. Take the reason of the thing into your mind and then look forward. Mistakes are lessons of wisdom. The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power.?

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

24 Mar 2012, 1:53 pm

I love cats and well behaved dogs. :P

Especially this one! :heart:

DJFester
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 10:08 am

From reading similar threads here, I would have to agree that a lot of non NTs seem to prefer animals and pets to other people. Same goes for myself.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 12:46 pm

I think Animals make better company than people for the most part. Especially cats they like attention but at the same time dont drain your energy doing so and the purring calms me down and makes me want to rub my face on them and pet them more. I like people too but most people dont seem to understand me as much as animals understand me lol.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList