I'm ruining my family... need advice!

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Intrepid_Squirrel
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Mar 2012, 2:45 am

I have AS. I never really thought about it until now but I realize that i'm never going to be a veterinarian.
That's my problem. I can't see all the dumb things I do until I'm looking at it in retrospect.
My parents are getting old. They've made a secret life insurance on them with my brother and i because they don't think I could survive on my own. Seriously, I always thought i was normal growing up. I thought I was charming and smart and hot s**t. But im 21 and I'm just some loner who can't make friends. ever.
I'm just getting mediocre grades in college and wasting thousands from my parents ever 3 months. I feel so selfish. They want me to go finish college but I think it's not worth my time.

What should i do??? :lol:

What kind of jobs are available to no-skilled people like me?

PM
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 2:56 am

First and foremost, stay in school because if you don't, you will regret it later.

Second, don't beat yourself up, try to ignore your negative thoughts.

Finally, ask yourself these three questions:

Is their a roof over my head?

Do I have access to food?

Am I in a stable environment?

If you answered yes to these three questions, then you are doing what is best for you.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 3:03 am

Well if college isn't working out for you, I would think about maybe taking a break and working for a while...or maybe just work instead. But that is really up to you, but yeah its also quite possible even if you got a degree it would be hard to get into whatever field you study. But why exactly do you think your ruining your family? as far as I can tell I've screwed up worse.....I mean maybe you could get some one on one help with courses you have trouble with at school.....I don't want to recommend dropping out but if you don't want to be there I cant very well suggest you continue going.

arielhawksquill
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 6:39 am

If you don't finish your degree, then the money spent on college up til now WILL be wasted. Even if you don't become a vet, a bachelor's degree will allow you to get a job in some other field.

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

24 Mar 2012, 9:06 am

What makes you think that you cant be a veternarian??
What are your problems in school, maybe with some ADA accomidations, you might do better?
As far as ruining your family, why do you say that?

need more info to see if I can help.

Jobs for no-skilled people are either, in most cases, real low wage with poor working conditions, or nada.

As far as not being able to make friends, explain more about the social situations which you have the hardest time in making and keeping friends.

Jojo

mntn13
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 10:07 am

One thing that helped me when I was unable to handle the stress of university life and work was to cut back on classes for a semester and get a part time job in construction. Didn't have to think ( except to fend off advances, lol) and the exercise & money made me feel better.
Thankfully, I made it through and got a degree.

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 12:02 pm

I only finished 3 years university and did not get a degree. Terrible decision. I regret it all the time.