Do Pro Israel American Christians care more about Israel the

Page 4 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2015, 7:15 pm

eric76 wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
The majority of americans are probably both "pro Israel"and are "christians", but obvously you mean the tiny splinter sect discussed in the Wiki article about "christian zionists" who are fanatatically into the zionist cause for religious reasons derived from christianity.

My guess is that most of that group are millenialists -in fact they not only believe we are in the End Times- they are actively trying to hasten the end times.

If you think that way then you dont care about your own 401K plan ( the worlds gonna end soon so why plan for retirement?).

So -yes- they probably dont care about the USA as such, nor even about Israel as such, except insofar as both counttries are instruments in this coming rapture-or armageddon, or whatever supposed to happen.

I overheard a conversation between two people who I've known for years in which they discussed how America is the Lost Tribe of Israel! I completely fail to understand their logic.

That's....imaginative theology! Not even the tail wagging the dog. But the tail of one dog wagging the body of another dog ( a portion of a small ancient nationality somehow morphing into a big nation of immigrants on another continent in another millenium).

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2015, 8:07 pm

The trouble with Christian Zionists is that they read that Israel will be restored at the end times, they so want the end times hence their enthusiasm for modern Israel, but they forget that Israel isn't the one tribe, "the Jews", it is all twelve tribes, lost to us, but God knows who those descendants are, and all of Israels children will be gathered when it is by Gods hand rather than by mans.