Do Pro Israel American Christians care more about Israel the

Page 1 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

mikecartwright
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Mar 2012, 7:14 pm

Do Pro Israel American Christians care more about Israel then they care about America ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Zionism

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 7:17 pm

mikecartwright wrote:
Do Pro Israel American Christians care more about Israel then they care about America ?

I care about both countries and arab countries not just Israel.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 7:24 pm

mikecartwright wrote:

I think some will say they are one and the same

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 7:26 pm

Vigilans wrote:
mikecartwright wrote:

I think some will say they are one and the same

Sad but tru Vigilians.

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 8:00 pm

My aunt, who is Christian, once told me that Israel belonged to the Israelites because it said so in the Bible.

Wish I thought of mentioning Rev. 3:9

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 8:03 pm

snapcap wrote:
My aunt, who is Christian, once told me that Israel belonged to the Israelites because it said so in the Bible.

Are you implying that Israelis who claim to be Jewish are not Jewish?

ruveyn

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 8:11 pm

ruveyn wrote:
snapcap wrote:

Are you implying that Israelis who claim to be Jewish are not Jewish?

ruveyn

No, I'm saying it's silly to say a piece of land belongs to someone because some book says it does.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 8:15 pm

They did in fact discover the land that is Israel it became their home and why does it matter why am I still typing oh look a squirrel :lol:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 10:25 am

The majority of americans are probably both "pro Israel"and are "christians", but obvously you mean the tiny splinter sect discussed in the Wiki article about "christian zionists" who are fanatatically into the zionist cause for religious reasons derived from christianity.

My guess is that most of that group are millenialists -in fact they not only believe we are in the End Times- they are actively trying to hasten the end times.

If you think that way then you dont care about your own 401K plan ( the worlds gonna end soon so why plan for retirement?).

So -yes- they probably dont care about the USA as such, nor even about Israel as such, except insofar as both counttries are instruments in this coming rapture-or armageddon, or whatever supposed to happen.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 11:01 am

snapcap wrote:
[

No, I'm saying it's silly to say a piece of land belongs to someone because some book says it does.

A piece of land belongs to anyone who can hold it, even if possession is contested by other parties. The fact of successful possession establishes ownership. Thus, a thief owns your money if he steals your money and he cannot be made to give it back or be punished.

ruveyn

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 3:39 pm

mikecartwright wrote:

Another reason so much of our money goes into a country that has nothing to do with us. :roll:

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 3:42 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
mikecartwright wrote:

Another reason so much of our money goes into a country that has nothing to do with us. :roll:

Israel and America have a lot to do with each other we are their biggest supporter and their our ally.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 3:53 pm

Joker wrote:
MissConstrue wrote:
mikecartwright wrote:

Israel and America have a lot to do with each other we are their biggest supporter and their our ally.

Why?

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 4:05 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
Joker wrote:
MissConstrue wrote:
mikecartwright wrote:

Why?

Because its good foriegn policy Israel is our only true ally in the middle east we cant allow their country to be taken over by anti-semite arab countries if Israel falls then the West faces a potenital threat from the same hostile arab countries that Israel had to deal with not to mention that America and all of Europe are the only ones gving support to Israel and helping them in their war with all the hostile arab countries that want to wipe them out.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2012, 1:47 am

There are plenty of jackasses who think that Israel has to come before America - and they're evangelical Christians. I recall one WP member (who I will not name) who had stated that, as an evangelical, his loyalty to Israel comes before the United States. I believe it was this same member who had taken exception to me because I had stated how most mainline Protestants (myself included) do not believe the New Testament Israel is the political state of modern Israel, but rather Christianity (called supersuccessionism, or replacement theology). I don't expect Jews to agree with our beliefs, but I suspect they are going to have more respect for us for being up front with our beliefs, rather than with a bunch of brown nosers who only befriend Jews today because they think it will hasten Christ's return. Mainline Protestants in modern times believe in extending friendship and justice toward Jews simply because it's the right thing to do, not because we expect to get something out of it.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2012, 3:26 am

People still care about Israel? Really?

I'm still waiting on it to be completely conquered so I can laugh.

You will reap what you've sown.