Do Pro Israel American Christians care more about Israel the

Page 2 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2012, 9:22 am

abacacus wrote:
People still care about Israel? Really?

I'm still waiting on it to be completely conquered so I can laugh.

Is it Israel you dislike or is it the Jews?

Israel is an erroneous reaction to European anti-Semitism. It was and is a bad way to handle the problem. Emigrating to America was a better way. Jews in American, while not completely loved in America are not abused for being Jewish either. If Palestine had been left in the hands of the Turks, Jews would have had fewer problems than they already had.

At the root, the real evil is European anti-Semitism, which is ill founded factually and psychologically pathological. Jews became the focus of projection. Basically, Christians transformed Jews into the Boogeyman. Shame on the Christians!

ruveyn

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2012, 10:45 am

ruveyn wrote:
abacacus wrote:

Israel is an erroneous reaction to European anti-Semitism. It was and is a bad way to handle the problem. Emigrating to America was a better way. Jews in American, while not completely loved in America are not abused for being Jewish either. If Palestine had been left in the hands of the Turks, Jews would have had fewer problems than they already had.

At the root, the real evil is European anti-Semitism, which is ill founded factually and psychologically pathological. Jews became the focus of projection. Basically, Christians transformed Jews into the Boogeyman. Shame on the Christians!

ruveyn

But in all fairness, most of us have learned from our mistakes.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2012, 10:54 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

Really? Then why are you still a Christian?

ruveyn

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2012, 11:44 am

ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

ruveyn

"Clhristian" as opposed to what?

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2012, 11:55 am

European Jews tried to emigrate to America but they were turned back.

abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2012, 12:13 pm

ruveyn wrote:
abacacus wrote:

ruveyn

Israel. I have nothing at all against the Jews, but the land doesn't belong to them and the people who it * does* belong too are fighting to get it back. Israel as a country should not exist.

You will reap what you've sown.

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2012, 12:34 pm

Someday all of Christendom will be reunited, and the tribes of Israel shall accept their Messiah, who will rule as Christ the King from Jerusalem; pagans, sinners, infidels, and unbelievers shall be eliminated. Until then, it makes sense for the earthly princes to rule according to God's law and consolidate all faithful under one domain. The most logical place to start is with the Pope, who can restore the title of Roman emperor, reunite Rome with the schismatic churches in the East, quash the heretical Protestant rebellion, and launch new crusades into once Christian lands now occupied by Saracen. President Rick Santorum can submit the United States of America to Rome as a new province and in turn be named its proconsul.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2012, 12:36 pm

NeantHumain wrote:
Someday all of Christendom will be reunited, and the tribes of Israel shall accept their Messiah, who will rule as Christ the King from Jerusalem; pagans, sinners, infidels, and unbelievers shall be eliminated. Until then, it makes sense for the earthly princes to rule according to God's law and consolidate all faithful under one domain. The most logical place to start is with the Pope, who can restore the title of Roman emperor, reunite Rome with the schismatic churches in the East, quash the heretical Protestant rebellion, and launch new crusades into once Christian lands now occupied by Saracen. President Rick Santorum can submit the United States of America to Rome as a new province and in turn be named its proconsul.

Furthermore the relocation of Mount Rushmore (upon which the final climactic battle between Jesus and Darwin will take place) to Israel will be made a priority

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2012, 12:50 pm

Joker wrote:
MissConstrue wrote:
Joker wrote:
MissConstrue wrote:
mikecartwright wrote:
Do Pro Israel American Christians care more about Israel then they care about America ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Zionism

Another reason so much of our money goes into a country that has nothing to do with us. :roll:

Israel and America have a lot to do with each other we are their biggest supporter and their our ally.

Why?

Because its good foriegn policy Israel is our only true ally in the middle east we cant allow their country to be taken over by anti-semite arab countries if Israel falls then the West faces a potenital threat from the same hostile arab countries that Israel had to deal with not to mention that America and all of Europe are the only ones gving support to Israel and helping them in their war with all the hostile arab countries that want to wipe them out.

How exactly would "the west face the same potential threat from the countries Israel now faces" if Israel fell?

Are you saying that as soon as Israel's neighbors conquer Israel then Egypt Jordan and Syria will cross the Mediterranean into Europe with invading armies?

And how can nonindustrialized countries like the Israel's Arab neighbors conquer their own arm suppliers ( western Europe and the US) anyway?

The whole reason the arab world is hostile to the west is becaue the west supports Israel.
So saying we should support Israel becaue the Arabs are all hostile to the west seems ass-backward.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2012, 2:00 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

ruveyn

Considering what kind of religion had preceded Christianity among my people, I seriously think you'd want us to switch back pretty quick to Christianity. I somehow doubt that you'd have the appetite of seeing captured prisoners of war hanged and gutted for Wodan, or to be disemboweled so the holy men can divine the future from the bloody entrails.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2012, 4:22 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

Considering what kind of religion had preceded Christianity among my people, I seriously think you'd want us to switch back pretty quick to Christianity. I somehow doubt that you'd have the appetite of seeing captured prisoners of war hanged and gutted for Wodan, or to be disemboweled so the holy men can divine the future from the bloody entrails.

There are other alternatives. How about Unitarian (o.k. o.k. its a bit boring, but the Unitarians mean well). How about ethical humanism if you have a soft view toward mankind and social issues. Or Deist like Jefferson and Franklin. Or the abstract religion of Einstein. Plenty of alternatives.

ruveyn

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2012, 6:25 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

There are other alternatives. How about Unitarian (o.k. o.k. its a bit boring, but the Unitarians mean well). How about ethical humanism if you have a soft view toward mankind and social issues. Or Deist like Jefferson and Franklin. Or the abstract religion of Einstein. Plenty of alternatives.

ruveyn

All of those would not have existed without Christianity. My point is, other than Christianity, there was no other religion practiced by many of our ancestors other than a bloody religion of war and fertility deities. And again, Christianity has grown up since the days of persecutions and pogroms; today no Christian (well, except for in the Balkans - or the south :lol:) in his right mind is going to do harm to a Jew or anyone else because they worship differently.

Lord_Gareth
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Mar 2012, 6:37 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

ruveyn

All of those would not have existed without Christianity. My point is, other than Christianity, there was no other religion practiced by many of our ancestors other than a bloody religion of war and fertility deities. And again, Christianity has grown up since the days of persecutions and pogroms; today no Christian (well, except for in the Balkans - or the south :lol:) in his right mind is going to do harm to a Jew or anyone else because they worship differently.

Buddhism would like words with you, Kraich. Shinto spawned a caste system, but that system is being phased out of Japanese culture with time (and isn't really much different from how feudalism worked in Europe). There's plenty of religions that managed to grow up with time and exposure to additional cultures, and frankly Christianity has been pretty slow to that particular punch bowl.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2012, 7:08 pm

Lord_Gareth wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

ruveyn

Buddhism would like words with you, Kraich. Shinto spawned a caste system, but that system is being phased out of Japanese culture with time (and isn't really much different from how feudalism worked in Europe). There's plenty of religions that managed to grow up with time and exposure to additional cultures, and frankly Christianity has been pretty slow to that particular punch bowl.

Oh, I'm not disputing that Christianity had been slow to grow up. The fact of the matter is, it finally did - for the most part.
The feudal system in Europe, by the way, almost certainly had had roots in Pre-Christian Roman and Germanic cultures. Just the same, the Christians of the time - at least those in charge - had no problem keeping this system alive.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2012, 7:31 pm

Lord_Gareth wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

ruveyn

True.
But the point is that Kraichguauer missed the real issue.
Whether christianity is flawed or not is not the issue.

This is the issue:

How would it sound if Kraichgauer were to say "Why are you still a Jew?'

Think about it.

Revuyn rants about Christians being religious bigots, and then in the next breath expresses bigotry towards a religion himself!

Instead of quitting while he was ahead he slits his own throat and slaughters his own point in one stroke!

Last edited by naturalplastic on 31 Mar 2012, 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2012, 7:42 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Lord_Gareth wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

ruveyn

True.
But the point is that Kraichguauer missed the real issue.
Whether christianity is flawed or not is not the issue.

This is the issue:

How would it sound if Kraichgauer were to say "Why are you still a Jew?'

Think about it.

Revuyn rants about Christians being religious bigots, and then in the next breath expresses bigotry towards a religion himself!

Instead of quitting while he was ahead he slits his own throat and slaughters his own point in one stroke!

Revuyn rants about

Thank you for your kind defense. Incidentally, I would not want Judaism to cease to exist - but don't worry, I get what you meant. :lol: