I found a surefire way to get harrassed by the cops...

Page 1 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 10:19 pm

Drink a root beer from a bottle in public.

Once they realized it was just root beer, they seemed mad about it. Whatever...

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 10:28 pm

Happened to me once. I bought a bottle from the Barnes & Noble in downtown Minneapolis, sat down on a nearby bus stop and started drinking it, and some jackass flatfoot saw me and thought he was going to make an easy arrest that day.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 11:54 pm

Been there! It was kind of amusing, actually. At least, I thought so. The cop, not so much.

I guess he didn't have much of a sense of humor...

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 11:55 pm

The secret is just acting nonchalant about it.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 12:36 am

Want more fun? Bring a baby doll with you that is the size of a real baby and hold it out the window as you are on the road or don't have it in the car seat and make sure you hold it up high enough where it can be seen by other drivers and people. I heard back in high school that high school students had gotten pulled over because the cop thought it was a real baby.

USMCnBNSFdude
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 12:39 am

I once drank an IBC outside of the building my chess club meets at. A cop car drove by, slowed down for a sec, and then drove around twice more. He seemed like he wasn't sure weather or not to say anything to me. Eventually he just drove away (I don't think there are any laws on public drinking in my area. Like I once saw a guy who appeared sober just strolling along down the side of the highway with a beer in one hand and a shotgun in the other.).

This thread makes me want bottled root beer now...

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 12:42 am

It's just sad how frightened and paranoid police in the US are. A brown bottle is a sign of a crime!! !

Moonhawk
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 2:04 am

I actually got harrased by the police because i always take a walk for two hours every day and they spotted me several times so they because i also walk on weekdays they thought i was ''suspicious'' so they kept stopping me and it made me really upset, so my mom went to the station and told them what i look like and now they don't bother me anymore :o So its not just the US i think, because i live in europe xD Sorry for rambling!

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 4:22 am

shrox wrote:
Drink a root beer from a bottle in public.

You dirty scofflaw!
Quote:
Once they realized it was just root beer, they seemed mad about it. Whatever...

The worst crime you can commit is hurting a cop's ego, even if it's his own fault.

Shadewraith
Toucan
Toucan

25 Mar 2012, 6:00 am

I wonder if you can get in trouble for drinking water out of a vodka bottle XD

DJFester
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 8:27 am

Moonhawk wrote:
I actually got harrased by the police because i always take a walk for two hours every day and they spotted me several times so they because i also walk on weekdays they thought i was ''suspicious'' so they kept stopping me and it made me really upset, so my mom went to the station and told them what i look like and now they don't bother me anymore :o So its not just the US i think, because i live in europe xD Sorry for rambling!

A cop once stopped my mother and me when we were just taking our daily walk around the neighborhood we used to live in. Turned out that some paranoid old bitty didn't like the looks of me and thought I was suspicious (casing the neighborhood), and so did the cop, until he checked our ID cards. He discovered that we lived just a couple of blocks down the same street... and not only that, but when he called our names in, he learned from the dispatcher that I was also a neighborhood watch block leader at the time. The look on that cop's face was absolutely priceless! :lmao:

P.S. @ Moonhawk: You only wrote a few sentences, that's not rambling at all. :)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 9:07 am

The cops take things way too seriously.

DJFester
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 9:38 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
The cops take things way too seriously.

You've got that right. :)

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 11:00 am

In Dumb and Dumber, Harry and Lloyd had empty beer bottles and Lloyd used them to piss in and they get pulled over and the cop thought they were drinking. So I bet having empty beer bottles in your car can be a crime if a cop sees them.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 11:02 am

i used to like to attract police pursuits.
that was when i was in my 20's.

at that time, it was not illegal to wear balaclavas. balaclavas are a garment that people wear in extremely frigid conditions. they are not designed solely to mask identity during a crime.

i had a balaclava that i sometimes donned to see how far i would get, and it never was far. end of that idea.
-------------
to suddenly run at full speed away from a police car is always going to result in an arrest. when i was 19, i used to walk down a particular street and wait for a police car to go by, and then i would turn and run at full speed.

the police car would immediately give chase, and sometimes they damaged their cars to catch up to me, and always they could find nothing to charge me for.

eventually they realized i was trying to damage police cars with impunity, and i was told that if it happened again i would be charged with malicious damage.

to walk up to a policemen and ask him to show you his badge and other credentials with the reasoning that you did not believe he was a policeman will always result in grief.

policemen are public servants, and they can be directed by members of the public to do mundane things.

it is interesting to note an item of garbage on the footpath and then find a policeman and direct him toward it and then tell him to pick it up and put it in the bin.

by law they must obey, but they always develop an exaggerated interest in your state of mind.

if you are arrested for telling a policeman to pick up an item of rubbish and place it in a bin, then you should win in a court of law.

but the world is a plastic type of place. nothing happens completely as the rules define.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

25 Mar 2012, 11:16 am

Interesting how people act these days, even when they're "servicing the community."