Dont mind 15%  15%  [ 23 ]
Dislike 28%  28%  [ 42 ]
Hate 45%  45%  [ 68 ]
Total votes : 150

Cogs
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 4:33 am

Interested to know how others find clothes shopping?

I go clothes shopping every few years, once Ive forgotten the details of the previous experience. Every shop today reminded me why I hate shopping. I found clothes that had the right material, the right fit or the right colour, but not all three in one garment. Staff seemed to notice I felt horribly out of place and lost, and by about half way through I was remembering why I have nightmares about malls. I may wear the same shorts/shoes every day and rotate between 5 t-shirts, but having a larger wardrobe involves way too much effort.

Most puzzling experience was in a department store I asked a staff member to direct me to pajama section, clearly unable to decide whether I looked male or female she pointed out both the boys and girls kids sections. She asked what size I was, I had no idea as I had not bought pjs in 8 years so she asked my age then did an about turn and pointed me in the direction of the womens section :roll:

NotaHero
Toucan
Toucan

25 Mar 2012, 4:54 am

Threadless.com has made it easy for me, so I have to only go in to replace my jeans when they rip and I just get the same type to keep that quick and simple.

DJFester
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 5:11 am

The only kind of shopping I care to do is online. Sometimes I have to go to a brick-and-mortar store, and I absolutely hate it with a passion. Why? Because people are so rude. Pushing, shoving, smashing their cart into me, cutting me off, rushing me... you get the idea.

dizzywater
Toucan
Toucan

25 Mar 2012, 5:25 am

I buy my jeans on ebay and Tshirts in multipacks, simple. I'm thin so can buy cheap sexy jeans the original owner was over-optimistic about!

My one coat that goes with any colour was a birthday present two years ago.

Shoes; I don't wear any if I can get away with it, but I have one pair of trainers about 10 years old, one pair of heeled ankle boots two years old and some sandals from the market.

My husband buys me new stuff sometimes because he notices the holes in what I'm wearing, but I prefer second hand. He says he is lucky to have such a "modest" wife! (ie I only spend money on my special interests, not clothes or going out!)

Hate boutiques because the staff hover, hate big shops because the lights & announcements make me anxious & panicky so I look like a shoplifter!

Not been to the hairdresser in a couple of years either.

I think I look good :D

Swordfish210
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Mar 2012, 5:48 am

THE INTERNET IS A GIFT OF GOD!

(metaphorically, since I'm an atheist...)

I hate shopping, mainly because of hving to try the stuff on in store brrrrrr...... and the really annoying employees that follow you around to make you buy stuff nd look weird if you ask if they have exactly thesame trousers they sold there three years ago. (no, I do not mean thesame colour or brand, or what looks like it, sigh...)

Sherlock Holmes in The Sign Of Four (1890), ch. 6

Guineapigged
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Mar 2012, 5:53 am

Hate it. When I have to buy something, I get stressed if I can't find the exact same thing I'm replacing (happens a lot because shops have different clothes every season). I tend to buy in bulk if I happen to find something I'm comfortable with. So I have 20 pairs of identical underwear, 6 t-shirts that are the same (but in different colours) etc.

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 7:14 am

Like it.

As long as it is ASD-friendly/Sora-friendly I like it.

nikki15
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Mar 2012, 8:32 am

I hate shopping for clothes. It's boring and pointless. When I have to shop, I just grab what I need and go.

Jtuk
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 8:33 am

Hate it, but can deal with it, so I picked hate-1

I'm a very efficient clothes shopper though, No browsing, I make a quick judgement then I'm out.

Jason

Aspiewordsmith
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 9:04 am

I also hate shooping for clothes especially when I am with someone else. How anyone can call shooping for clothes therapeutic is beyond me. This or that doesn't suit me or whatever and big shops like Primark for example can be a sensory nightmare. I would rather shop for electronic devices such as computers and mobile phones. :arrow:

BanjoGirl
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 9:16 am

To me it's an obligation. I spend only two or three days every year on shops and I buy what I need, a pair of trousers and two or three shirts. I don't have a lot of wardrobe but I try to buy pretty and comfortable clothes. That is so difficult, normally the pretty clothes are not comfortable, but I know how to buy and generally my friends ask me where I buy my clothes 8)

But what I hate the most in this world is to buy SHOES.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 9:22 am

I don't hate it, but it is not my thing either, so I just say I dislike it. It annoys me when other women go into a world of their own when they're in a clothes shop, and they get so....ohhh, just annoying! They're always trying things on, seeing how fat or thin they look in new clothes, seeing if anything ''looks funny'' on them. So annoying! And they would go through hell and high water to look at a garment, meaning they'll push by you, or risk missing the bus, just to see what the garment in the window looks like. I feel like saying, ''you can see what it looks like in the window, why do you have to waste time going in and climbing over to get it and turn it over in your hands?!'' And it also annoys me when I'm walking through a clothes shop with another woman, and they catch sight of things and suddenly stop dead to have a look at it. And they're always saying ''that's nice''. OOOOOHHH! Really annoys me.

I'm just one for clothes shopping. I do like to have nice clothes, but I don't like going shopping for it. I couldn't spend all day shopping around clothes shops and spending a lot on clothes. It's just not my style. And shopping for underwear, oh my god that is the most boring thing in the world. Walking into a shop with bras and knickers hanging up everywhere, I just find so cringing (yes, I know it's immature but it's true).

Asterisp
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 9:24 am

Buying shoes is easier, I stick to three brands. Other brands do not fit or have other issues. Unfortunately these brands are not cheap, but they are good.

For clothing I shop two times a year. Most of the times I limit myself to two or three shops. The shop that is first and has nice clothes is lucky... most of the times I get really anxious and annoyed and have to do a real good job of hiding it. So I try to get all clothes as soon as possible and close my eyes and use my creditcard. If needed I work some extra hours, just to keep shopping time to a minimum.

questor
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 11:22 am

I don't care for it. I often have trouble finding things that fit, in a style I want, in fabrics that are comfortable, and without irritation issues, like a scratchy tag. I also prefer darker colors, as I am over weight, and light colors make me look fatter. I also have issues with shoes. It is hard to find shoes that are long enough, wide enough, and that don't have a rough, scratchy seam in the heel area. They also need a comfortable sole, and the right kind of heel.

I make up for the clothing issues by buying a number of pairs in different colors, when I find something suitable. I am not thrilled with the idea of buying online. I can't try stuff on first with web purchases. Also, I don't have a credit card, except one on my bank debit card, and I WON'T use that online as I don't want them having direct access to my checking account. I do have a Walmart card, but that is only good at Walmart's online site or in their store. I am planning on getting a prepaid credit card, though, as there are some things I need to buy online. I also need to consider getting some underwear online, too. I hate regular bras, and would like to try a longline bra, but the ones in stores are too small and have hot fiber fill in the cups. I don't need the fiber fill--I can fill them fine just with me. :lol: But, I think I would like a longline style in my size without the fill. Regular bras always ride up on me, which is very annoying. I don't think I will have that problem with the longline bras.

I eventually plan on getting one of those mechanical knitting machines, so I can make some of my own clothes, using colors and fabrics of my own choosing. :D

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 11:22 am

Hate it. All I need are clothes that fit that I can find within a few minutes. It's beyond me how my mother can spend hours just looking at clothes without even being able to decide what to buy.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

devark
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Mar 2012, 11:34 am

I love buying new clothes, matching, imagining what outfits will look like, trying new things out. (as long as my meds keep my anxiety down im good)