Obsessing over one aspect instead of the whole

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 2:42 am

BanjoGirl wrote:
Kiseki wrote:
Absolutely I do this too! I can only concentrate on Santana on Glee. I often watch her scenes over and over so I can memorize her witty lines. Otherwise the show is pretty crap. I find it much easier to remember what happens to my favorite character as well. Is this an Aspie thing? I don't think it is.

Yes, I have very NT friends that do that too. All of us have our favourite characters, if you get more or less obsessed with them it depends of each personality.

Well, it's a relief that NTs do this too. So now I know that obsessing over just one character in a particular work of fiction isn't just an autistic thing - it's a human thing. :)

Bun wrote:
I don't remember all the alien stuff on Dr. Who, I'm pretty much Doctor (especially Tennant) centric. Other people do memorize species' names, etc.

A couple of summers ago, I obsessed over Doctor Who. I only cared about David Tennant's Doctor and pretty much nothing else. I watched a few episodes with other Doctors, but Tennant was my favorite. The season with Rose Tyler in it was my favorite, because he was at his silliest/happiest then. After that he got kinda mopey.

Bun wrote:
I started reading Lost Souls? by Poppy Z. Brite, and desperately just wanted to skip in order to read just the Nothing storyline. Anyway, I've left the book for now.

Reminds me of how I am when I read the webcomic (online comic) Homestuck. I only care about the Trolls (especially Tavros and Gamzee) and nothing else.