Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2012, 6:43 pm

Raptor wrote:
Joker wrote:
Raptor wrote:
I never said Limbaugh would be my first choice, just that the knee-jerk from the left would be entertaining.

More like a good way to get a democrat in office if Rush was ever the one who one the GOP nomination

He'll never get the GOP or any other nomination.
I doubt he'd ever even pursue it.....

No he will never pursue it any people at fox news think he is insane he gives conservatives a bad name.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2012, 3:58 pm

I vote for myself hehe I would change the Nation into Aspergia :D

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2012, 9:23 pm

mix and match- michael moore and whoopie goldberg.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2012, 9:44 pm

auntblabby wrote:

I can't stand Michael Moore. I like Whoopie though.

Kind of off topic, but doesn't she look like the Grinch in the face to you?

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2012, 10:02 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I can't stand Michael Moore. I like Whoopie though. Kind of off topic, but doesn't she look like the Grinch in the face to you?

that's why i said "mix and match" for if it were president goldberg, then vice president moore would have to say to her, "yes ma'am." as for who is the most grinch-like, that would be the gingrich [former house speaker] himself, it doesn't take too much imagination to see the grinch in the face of the gingrinch that stole xmas.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2012, 10:07 pm

auntblabby wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I can't stand Michael Moore. I like Whoopie though. Kind of off topic, but doesn't she look like the Grinch in the face to you?

that's why i said "mix and match" for if it were president goldberg, then vice president moore would have to say to her, "yes ma'am." as for who is the most grinch-like, that would be the gingrich [former house speaker] himself, it doesn't take too much imagination to see the grinch in the face of the gingrinch that stole xmas.

I don't mean who acts like the grinch. I like Whoopie, but I think she looks like the grinch when she smiles a certain way. Gingrich has got too many issues and there are too many people who remember him when he did all that crap he did.

I think that the best one to beat Obama is Romney. I voted for Obama and thought we were going to get something done for a change. Nope. I don't like his healthcare bill and I don't like some other things he's done. I want him out. I think Santorum would do a worse job, but I think Romney might do pretty good.

There is honestly nobody running this time that I like though. I wish there were.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2012, 10:17 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:
I don't mean who acts like the grinch.

i was going on looks, as that was what you said about "doesn't she look like the grinch in the face to you?" and to me, the pol with the most grinch-like visage is gingrinch, regardless of anything else. whoopie to me, doesn't resemble the grinch one bit, but maybe that is because i lack sufficient imagination. i would not vote for romney if he were the last man on earth, simply because he said on a late night talk show that he [as POTUS] would refuse to do anything to help folk barred from medical coverage due to pre-existing conditions. i am a single issue voter, and if a candidate is opposed to people like me being able to see a doctor, then i am opposed to that candidate. to do otherwise would be akin to slitting my own throat. but no offense to your choice, otherwise.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2012, 10:30 pm

auntblabby wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:
I don't mean who acts like the grinch.

i was going on looks, as that was what you said about "doesn't she look like the grinch in the face to you?" and to me, the pol with the most grinch-like visage is gingrinch, regardless of anything else. whoopie to me, doesn't resemble the grinch one bit, but maybe that is because i lack sufficient imagination. i would not vote for romney if he were the last man on earth, simply because he said on a late night talk show that he [as POTUS] would refuse to do anything to help folk barred from medical coverage due to pre-existing conditions. i am a single issue voter, and if a candidate is opposed to people like me being able to see a doctor, then i am opposed to that candidate. to do otherwise would be akin to slitting my own throat. but no offense to your choice, otherwise.

Ah ok. It's late and I haven't had much sleep so I misunderstood you.

As for that comment, I hadn't heard anything about it until now. I'm pretty much single issue too, and I pick those things that will effect me the most. Mine is healthcare too. Thats why I voted for Obama. Thats why I voted for Clinton. I still don't have healthcare, and I don't like Obama's plan one bit. I want something like the "AllKids" plan, but for adults. AllKids is a low income but higher than Medicaid income healthcare for kids. You may be charged a yearly fee of a couple hundred dollars or you may not, depending on your income. Then you have a copay for dr visits and meds. It's between 5 and 15 bucks depending on your income. It covers everything that Medicaid covers but it's set up through Blue Cross.

That's what I think would work. In my state, you cannot get Medicaid if you have any income. You can get it for your kids, our kids have it because my husbands income falls beneath the line. We also get food stamps. However, adults get nothing for health insurance if there is any income at all. Medicaid for adults also does not pay for dentists or eye doctors. I can see not paying for checkups, etc but when you need a filling really bad or a root canal or a tooth is abcessed, I think it should cover it. It covers it for kids.

I have all but given up on the idea of getting healthcare, unless my husband lucks onto a job with decent benefits again. I know that when I'm 65 I'll get Medicare though. If I can hold out till then. Pregnant women get Medicaid for the pregnancy and post partum, but after the 6 week visit, it's gone. I wouldn't mind a copay and I wouldn't mind a yearly fee for enrolling as long as it's something I could afford and they could take it in payments and not a lump sum. I also don't think it should be mandatory.

What did he mean by that comment? What context was he saying it in? I haven't heard it until you mentioned it to me, and at my age (almost 48) I don't know of many people who don't have some kind of preexisting condition. That would cut out almost anybody over the age of 50.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2012, 11:01 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:
What did he mean by that comment? What context was he saying it in? I haven't heard it until you mentioned it to me, and at my age (almost 48) I don't know of many people who don't have some kind of preexisting condition. That would cut out almost anybody over the age of 50.

speaking with jay leno last night, he called it "gaming the system" but that is nonsense because i don't know anybody of sound mind who would turn down health coverage if they could reasonably afford it [IOW it didn't cost any more than mandatory car insurance]- and the folks who aren't rich enough to pay for the existing 5-figure annual insurance premiums [for typical middle-aged folks] are of course going to have to do without seeing a health care provider who routinely [in my area] charges $400 just to walk in the door without insurance [such "docs" are bloodsuckers, if ya ask me], and are going to accumulate "pre-existing conditions" which would then make it even harder to get coverage even if they could still afford the high risk pool premiums. i pay a 50% premium penalty for having pre-existing health problems even without any break in coverage. my premiums [for a catastrophic-only plan] take up most of my net income. but i don't dare go without because with my luck, that would be a recipe for lifetime financial ruin. the fact that willard romney [that's his real first name, btw] and his repub ilk thinks this state of affairs is just fine, is all the reason i need to vote against him. the fact that he cravenly turned his back on his signature achievement as governor, is just the cherry on top. i believe that if harry truman were alive today, he'd say this about romney: "no guts!"

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2012, 11:07 pm

auntblabby wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:

speaking with jay leno last night, he called it "gaming the system" but that is nonsense because i don't know anybody of sound mind who would turn down health coverage if they could reasonably afford it [IOW it didn't cost any more than mandatory car insurance]- and the folks who aren't rich enough to pay for the existing 5-figure annual insurance premiums [for typical middle-aged folks] are of course going to have to do without seeing a health care provider who routinely [in my area] charges $400 just to walk in the door without insurance [such "docs" are bloodsuckers, if ya ask me], and are going to accumulate "pre-existing conditions" which would then make it even harder to get coverage even if they could still afford the high risk pool premiums. i pay a 50% premium penalty for having pre-existing health problems even without any break in coverage. my premiums [for a catastrophic-only plan] take up most of my net income. but i don't dare go without because with my luck, that would be a recipe for lifetime financial ruin. the fact that willard romney [that's his real first name, btw] and his repub ilk thinks this state of affairs is just fine, is all the reason i need to vote against him. the fact that he cravenly turned his back on his signature achievement as governor, is just the cherry on top. i believe that if harry truman were alive today, he'd say this about romney: "no guts!"

But do you want four more years of Obama? I still can't get health coverage and luckily my doctor now has a sliding scale thing so I can go see him. Also, I'm worried about how Obama is going to handle any kind of war situation. That's on the back burner next to insurance, but I don't know that he would be a better choice than Romney this time. This time I think that it's the lesser of two evils situation. Whoever gets nominated, I'm going to have to look at and see if I think they would do less harm than Obama.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2012, 11:16 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:
But do you want four more years of Obama? I still can't get health coverage and luckily my doctor now has a sliding scale thing so I can go see him. This time I think that it's the lesser of two evils situation.

for me, obama is the lesser of two evils, in that at least he was the only one who would not "kick this can [50+million unfortunates sans health coverage] down the road."at least he TRIED to do SOMETHING to improve this situation. he TRIED. none of the repubs give a damn about those unable to afford health care, at best. and when the supremes kill [by the usual 5-4] ACA, the rightists will next set their sights on EMTALA [Emergency Medical Treatment And Labor Act of 1985] which is what makes public ERs have to accept the indigent. things will get very ugly when pofolk start dying on the streets after getting dumped by ERs no longer beholden to EMTALA. the race to the bottom is heating up.

TM
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2012, 11:46 am

Raptor wrote:
I never said Limbaugh would be my first choice, just that the knee-jerk from the left would be entertaining.

You know who I miss? The old school republicans from before the party got hijacked by the Christian right and the Tea Party (yes I'm aware there is a lot of overlap between the two), you know the guys who were you know, conservatives rather than reactionaries. The ones who were for the most part competent and favored meritocracy rather than blatant nepotism and camaraderie. The ones who would have told the Tea Party elected people "Shut up, you are a god damn embarrassment to the Republican Party".

That being said, I also miss having democrats who had testicles and didn't hold positions to the right of Richard Nixon.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 1:41 am

Raptor wrote:
How about Rush Limbaugh just to see the outrage there'd be from the left.
:D

If he were ever nuts enough to run, then everything in his past - everything, such as his arrest years ago for soliciting a male prostitute - would be fair game.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 7:25 am

He does have a good point.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2012, 12:02 am

ArrantPariah wrote:

He does have a good point.

or at least a good pointer. anyways, he couldn't be any worse than shrub.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2012, 12:13 am

I think Bill Maher would make a good canindate.