Autism & Love - Research Project

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

autisminlove
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Mar 2012, 2:48 pm

Hi WrongPlanet members!

**Please know that I have spoken with Alex Plank on the phone regarding this project and he's approved of my message.**

My name is Carolina Groppa. I am a filmmaker, and personal assistant to Dr. Ira Heilveil. I’m spearheading a research project with him about love on the autistic spectrum.

Putting aside philosophical debates about the nature of love, it is clear to those whose lives have been touched by someone with autism that people with autism do love. We’d like to find out how the process of loving another person, especially someone outside of one's family, may be similar or different from someone we call "neurotypical.”

Dr. Heilveil has spent over two decades of his life working with people with autism, and with people who work with people with autism and one of the many aspects of his work that intrigued him is the concept of love, and how it manifests in the group of people who have been labeled as having autism.

If you are located in the LOS ANGELES area, and are willing to speak about your experience with love on camera, please contact me at 323.306.4980 or email me at autisminlove [@] gmail . com.

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2012, 2:38 am

That sounds great, too bad I live in the Garden of England.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2012, 7:45 am

Yeah. Kentucky here.

to his Interest."

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2012, 9:37 am

I am the lab rat #13

Nice to meet you.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2012, 9:59 am

I am at like the polar oposite of LA

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2012, 12:01 pm

I'm in LA, but I don't know if I'm willing to speak about my love life on camera unless you're filming a horror movie... :wink:

The_Henry_Man
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Mar 2012, 8:41 pm

Will you be in the Vancouver, BC area, where I grew up, (or central Minnesota where I'm currently studying) in the near future?

But I'll be very interested to do an email or chat conversation with you. Problems with relationships for me has been constant for me for a long time, and i want to let it all out.

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2012, 5:36 pm

I'm high-functioning Aspergers, 21 and currently dating a freshman girl from my anime club. I don't know if I'm exactly the kind of material you're looking for, not to mention said college is in Laramie, WY (AKA middle of nowhere), but let me know if you're interested.

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.