List of Movie Characters with Aspergers?

Page 2 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

SheldonGC
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Jul 2013, 7:02 pm

Meistersinger wrote:
John Munch from Law and Order SVU and Homicide: Life in the Streets.

Hmm.... what makes you think that? If any character from Law and Order comes to mind when thinking of autism, for me, it would have to be Det. Robert Goren from Criminal Intent. The way he always noticed details at scenes and in people that no one else did, his habit of drifting of in thought when he had an idea. I thought it was interesting how he would often leave Eames to do most of the talking when interviewing witnesses, and he would drift off, looking at some seemingly minor detail of the crime scene.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2013, 10:14 pm

SheldonGC wrote:
Meistersinger wrote:

Hmm.... what makes you think that? If any character from Law and Order comes to mind when thinking of autism, for me, it would have to be Det. Robert Goren from Criminal Intent. The way he always noticed details at scenes and in people that no one else did, his habit of drifting of in thought when he had an idea. I thought it was interesting how he would often leave Eames to do most of the talking when interviewing witnesses, and he would drift off, looking at some seemingly minor detail of the crime scene.

Considering how much of a sarcastic know-it-all he can be at times. He always seems to playing one-upsmanship with his coworkser, and irritating them, as well as his captain, to no end, whether he was in Bawlmore (aka Charm City, hon), or Noo Yawhk.

SheldonGC
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Jul 2013, 6:05 am

Meistersinger wrote:
SheldonGC wrote:
Meistersinger wrote:

Considering how much of a sarcastic know-it-all he can be at times. He always seems to playing one-upsmanship with his coworkser, and irritating them, as well as his captain, to no end, whether he was in Bawlmore (aka Charm City, hon), or Noo Yawhk.

So he saw crime solving and rising up in the ranks at the police department as a game?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

03 Aug 2013, 2:59 pm

Will Ferrell's chracter in the movie Stranger Than Fiction. He is very reigid in his routeins, socialy akward, doesn't know when the girl is joking, direct, doesn't seem to express a wide range of emotions, can crunch advanced math problems in his head in a couple seconds, & is devoted to his job like it's an obsession.

Also Hank Hill from King Of The Hill has some Asspie traits. He 's very direct & upfront when dealing with others & belives others are when they aren't; he's naieve. He has a hard time expressing affection, romantic emotions & intimacy, he has an obsessive intrest which is propane, He's very pridctable & set in his ways & pushes them on his son & wife. He doesn't chit-chat even with his friends; he'll mostly drinks beer with em & says Yep or he'll talk about one of his interest.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2013, 3:46 pm

nick007 wrote:
Will Ferrell's chracter in the movie Stranger Than Fiction. He is very reigid in his routeins, socialy akward, doesn't know when the girl is joking, direct, doesn't seem to express a wide range of emotions, can crunch advanced math problems in his head in a couple seconds, & is devoted to his job like it's an obsession.

Also Hank Hill from King Of The Hill has some Asspie traits. He 's very direct & upfront when dealing with others & belives others are when they aren't; he's naieve. He has a hard time expressing affection, romantic emotions & intimacy, he has an obsessive intrest which is propane, He's very pridctable & set in his ways & pushes them on his son & wife. He doesn't chit-chat even with his friends; he'll mostly drinks beer with em & says Yep or he'll talk about one of his interest.

I've had Hank Hill pegged as an Aspie for sometime, now.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

chickensoup
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Aug 2013, 7:37 pm

I always saw Hank Hill as an old-fashioned, down to earth kind of guy, nothing more. But I'm sure if I went back and watched the episodes I'd see it. His group of friends too were all quite odd in different ways.