Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

yamato_rena
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Mar 2012, 2:48 pm

How likely is it that if the Supreme Court overturns the individual mandate, the other chunks, such as kids staying on parents' plans until they're 26 goes too?? I'm freaking out about this. I take medicine to control my symptoms and help me to be productive at work. Without insurance, the cost goes up from around $1000 per year to $5000 per year! That's about a quarter of my salary! I can't pay that, and my employer hasn't made it clear when I'll get coverage from them (I'm at an entry-level position right now)! If I don't take my meds, I'm certain, I'm going to get canned. Then there'll be nowhere for me to get proper medication so I can start working again! I'll be trapped! Someone, please calm me down, or something! :help:

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2012, 4:09 pm

even if the individual mandate goes down, the portion of the bill that affects you will still be good. the individual mandate wasn't even scheduled to take effect until 2014. a bill similar to the part that affects you was passed by the PA legislature with broad bipartisan support. i don't see that portion of the law being overturned.