Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

30 Mar 2012, 12:16 am

How many of you play rugby? Or how many of you know how it works? I feel alone on here whenever I talk about it, so I finally decided to pay a trip to this forum.

Discuss.

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2012, 8:10 am

I saw a game on the television a while back, and I thought it was okay. It was very similar to football, but I only saw one game so I can't make a decision on it.

CptnSoloX
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Mar 2012, 11:13 am

I played in college on a club team and really miss it now that I've graduated. There are a couple teams in the area, but my work schedule conflicts with no way to reconcile it. Also I got broken enough in the 4 years I played before that I'm prone to re-injury that would significantly impact my ability to work or do other recreation that I like. So I guess the time has passed to actually play. It was awesome while it lasted.

But I do love to watch it still, and every once in a while they broadcast a match on TV and I try to catch it. Happy to talk rugby or explain things.

Chipshorter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Location: The Georgian Quarter of The Pool of Life, The Centre of The Creative Universe

30 Mar 2012, 7:34 pm

Which rugby code? league or union or both codes?

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

30 Mar 2012, 11:40 pm

Union. I'm a prop on an all girls team.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2012, 12:25 am

I love Rugby and I am a fan of the New Zeland All Blacks I want to join the Rugby Union team in Charolette this summer I want to play as a Lock.

Me and some of my friends at church play Rugby it's my second favorite sport the first one is Greco Roman Wrestling.

Chipshorter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Location: The Georgian Quarter of The Pool of Life, The Centre of The Creative Universe

31 Mar 2012, 9:09 am

Am a fan of both codes, Union wise am fan of The Red Dragons (the Wales national team & current Six Nations and Grand Slam winners :D ) as am half Welsh. I have a family friend who use to coach boy's school union, plus he had three international caps of Scotland.

League wise am a fan of The Saints (St Helens RLFC), I live close to a part of the north west england that is mad on rugby league. :wink:

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2012, 11:56 am

Joker wrote:
I love Rugby and I am a fan of the New Zeland All Blacks I want to join the Rugby Union team in Charolette this summer I want to play as a Lock.

Me and some of my friends at church play Rugby it's my second favorite sport the first one is Greco Roman Wrestling.

Why a lock? Props have all the fun. ;)

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2012, 1:44 pm

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
Joker wrote:

Why a lock? Props have all the fun. ;)

Because I'm tall and strong Lock is the perfect postion for me to play.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2012, 9:35 pm

I see.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2012, 9:38 pm

Yeah playing as a lock can be fun too.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2012, 9:42 pm

Are you going to try the Charolette team, then?

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2012, 11:13 pm

I plan on doing that this summer some time.

NotaHero
Toucan
Toucan

01 Apr 2012, 11:53 am

I used to play rugby, but more happy to be an armchair spectator these days.

Lock is definitely where all the cool kids play, which is why I played there and not because I was slow and couldn't pass :wink:

It's Wales all the way for me, although I also like to watch the All Blacks play.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2012, 9:35 pm

I hope to be on a Rugby team this year :D

heritage
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Nov 2012, 8:35 pm

I play as a hooker or flanker (prefer flanker, but will play hooker if needed) for a union club in my area. It is the best sport I have ever encountered. I love everything about it.