Do aspie females seek relationships with aspie males?

Page 4 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Ladies, do you prefer aspie or NT partner?
Aspie 32%  32%  [ 59 ]
NT 18%  18%  [ 33 ]
I'm male/don't care/show me the results 49%  49%  [ 90 ]
Total votes : 182

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2016, 4:08 pm

YippySkippy wrote:
I could never be in a relationship with someone who didn't enjoy sci fi and fantasy books/movies/video games.
That in itself rules out a significant portion of the NT population, and virtually all uber-NT men.

Yeah I'd have a hard time in a relationship with someone not interested at all in those things, the other big one is metal music...a guy who doesn't like it certainly probably wouldn't accompany me to concerts or want to listen to it when we're just hanging out. Luckily I found someone who likes all three of those things.

AnodyneInsect
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Oct 2016, 12:17 pm

I looked for someone I could identify with. Turns up we are both Aspies.

candleghost

17 Oct 2016, 8:39 pm

I've only dated two guys, one was aspie and one wasn't. I'd probably prefer to be with an aspie again. Both were not the healthiest of relationships, however, so I hope to experience a healthy relationship next time, aspie or not.

bluevector
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

19 Oct 2016, 5:22 am

My current partner is Aspie, and by far the most healthy relationship I've ever had, he understands more, and is very supportive. He got me to seek help for my problems, and was the first one to say point blank 'woman your an aspie and that's a good thing' I wouldn't change him for the world.

Previous relationships with NTs were abusive, the last NT used to hit me if I displayed my 'weird' behavior, and blamed me for making his sons 'weird' which is technically true they got ASD from my side of the genetic mix (I call that a WIN :lol: )
All the friendships/relationships I've had with Aspie men have always been better. either I only met the nasty NTs or I've just found the better aspies?

AnaHitori
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2016, 12:43 pm

My best friend is an aspie male. I'd probably date him if I were straight.