Do aspie females seek relationships with aspie males?

Page 1 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Ladies, do you prefer aspie or NT partner?
Aspie 32%  32%  [ 59 ]
NT 18%  18%  [ 33 ]
I'm male/don't care/show me the results 49%  49%  [ 90 ]
Total votes : 182

Aharon
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2012, 3:50 am

Hello ladies. I read somewhere that aspie males tend to look for an NT partner that will compensate for their deficiencies, while aspie females tend to look for an aspie partner, because they want someone who can relate to them. Is this true in your opinion? And is it okay for a male to post here? If not, sorry for the intrusion.

We are not so different from potted plants in that, if given everything we need to be properly nourished, the outcome can be incredibly contrary to when we are not. A flower won't grow in flour, and neither can we.

Last edited by Aharon on 30 Mar 2012, 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2012, 4:06 am

I've always ended up fancying the spergies just out of coincidence. Now I'm going out with a possible one.
Birds of a feather etc

Aharon
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2012, 4:17 am

I can't see the results of the poll unless I vote too... But I'm not a woman... Can't see my own survey.... Unless you didn't vote, monkey. Did you vote?

We are not so different from potted plants in that, if given everything we need to be properly nourished, the outcome can be incredibly contrary to when we are not. A flower won't grow in flour, and neither can we.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2012, 4:58 am

I've only dated one Aspie (undiagnosed, but blatantly Autistic- his brother was Dx'ed)
but I tend to gravitate toward men with Aspie-like traits, whether it be social reclusiveness/awkwardness, geekiness, "overly" logical (~cough~) thinking, etc.

to his Interest."

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2012, 5:00 am

Aharon wrote:
I can't see the results of the poll unless I vote too... But I'm not a woman... Can't see my own survey.... Unless you didn't vote, monkey. Did you vote?

The poll doesn't make much sense.

"Ladies do you prefer Aspie or NT partner". Yes or no.

They by definition do, since Aspergian vs NT (non-Autistic) is a true dichotomy.
The only other option (I guess) would be LF Autistics.

to his Interest."

Aharon
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2012, 5:21 am

Thanks for pointing that out. I have altered the answers accordingly.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2012, 5:27 am

Voted!

to his Interest."

nat4200
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2012, 6:00 am

Redacted

Last edited by nat4200 on 21 Apr 2012, 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bloom
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Mar 2012, 8:25 am

I have strong enough deficits, such as my sensory sensitivities, that I really seek out people that can "protect" me when things get wonky. I've rarely met a partner that can do this and also be autistic. I really want to feel my partner is "stronger" than I am in my identified weak areas. It makes no sense to me to partner with someone that will curl up into a ball when I do! :) That said, I'm good with the idea of dove-tailing strengths and weaknesses. If I found partner that was strong in my weaknesses, and in which I was strong in their weaknesses, I would certainly consider a life-long partnership. :D

I just take the day as it comes... :)

_Bloom

Aharon
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2012, 10:23 am

nat4200 wrote:
Aharon wrote:

@Aharon: To avoid votes from people that aren't female (or who are but don't have a strong opinion) but who do want to see the results I suggest you include a 3rd answer like: "don't care/just show me the results"

It is possible to see the results of a WP poll without voting before it concludes, but I don't expect the method occurs to many users. The results show when you are not logged in to the site and view the thread (if you've more then one webbrowser, you can use your 2nd browser to view the thread - just copypasta the URL).

Note: I try to stay out of this forum, but I feel like it should be OK to comment on this thread... I hope others agree; if not please accept my apologies for the intrusion.

Alas, it won't let me edit the poll after votes have been cast, but I know better next time, thanks for the tip.

Selena
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Mar 2012, 12:20 pm

Depends on the individual, there are good and bad examples of both NT's and aspies. If someone embodies the worst of NT traits--malicious gossiping, enthusiastic participation in social hierarchies by licking the butts of those with more status and expecting those with lower status to perform that function for him--ugh, no way. On the other hand, I would not be interested in having a relationship with an aspie who expressed pride in being aggressively rude and deliberately socially disruptive (obviously not all of us are like this, but I have known a few of what I think of as F*** the world aspies who seem to fuel themselves on anger)

Last edited by Selena on 30 Mar 2012, 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2012, 1:23 pm

i added the third option for you, OP.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2012, 2:05 pm

Though I am male I prefer a relationship with a aspie like me!

fragaria
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Mar 2012, 3:56 pm

I prefer a quirky NT.

Nereid
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Mar 2012, 1:46 am

Both the boyfriends I've had have been NTs. Its just a coincidence. I liked one guy I think was an aspie, but he wasn't into me or had some issues from being screwed over by 3 girls in a row. There's go to be pros and cons, but perhaps the ideal (at least for me) is a very compassionate, understanding, unique NT.

Caesaran
Raven
Raven

01 Apr 2012, 9:36 pm

The data suggested in this thread says that aspie girls will seek out males with traits that could qualify them possibly in the AS spectrum.

I love being an S-type!