Do aspie males want an NT partner?
Yes 54%  54%  [ 15 ]
No 46%  46%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 28

Simsam114
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Apr 2012, 9:18 am

For me, I don't see it as important at all. I do find Asperger's attractive because I'll have quite a few things in common with those people, and lots to talk about. However, I'd never see it as a requirement for a lover.
Therefore, the poll is hard to answer.

Also, this nonsense I'm hearing about needing a NT partner to "balance out"; having Asperger's doesn't mean one can't be independent, or not be able to balance your flaws. It's a wide spectrum after all.

Jtuk wrote:
only 1 in 200 women are going to be aspie. you would be severely limiting yourself if you took that approach.

Jason

It does seem rare. But, most men have this specific odd thing they're looking for in a woman, some of those things which could be less common than Asperger's. I'm sure a fair share of them eventually find what they're looking for.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 9:36 am

Quote:
It does seem rare. But, most men have this specific odd thing they're looking for in a woman, some of those things which could be less common than Asperger's. I'm sure a fair share of them eventually find what they're looking for.
Exactly. There are a lot of people who are unusual, eccentric, nerdy, etc., and who aren't on the spectrum--but who have so much in common with the spectrum that someone who tends to click best with autistics will also click well with them.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

New-Yorker
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Apr 2012, 5:14 pm

ValentineWiggin wrote:
I don't know how an NT partner, male or female, could "compensate" for Autistic "deficiencies",
but it's certainly easier to find NT partners,
and for the male Aspie, who faces a situation where (diagnosed) female Aspies are few and far between, there may not be any other option.

That's why, I believe, it's in the man's best interest to perceive himself and be perceived by others as normal, without any notion of Aspergers.