Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2006, 10:41 pm

Kineticosm wrote:
I'm really curious. I mean, maybe it's just that we go about it in a different way. So it seems a little harder for us to process. Being extremely analytical can do that. Breaking things down systematically is harder than 'just understanding'. Which I've been accused of my entire life, 'You're making it too complicated'.

Right there with you.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2006, 10:45 pm

Mitch8817 wrote:
We don't pick it up naturally, we have to deduce it logically. This is more effort, so I say it is a shortcoming. NT's can analyse it just as well as we can, and don't lose out.

EDIT: I call it a consellation prize, and a lame one at that.

Ah yes, but to whom do they come when the previously-pointless nitty-gritty details are needed? The NT's dismissed all that data immediately as irrelevant, while the Autistics committed it all the way to long-term memory, for goodness sake! :D

ProbablyOverthinkingThisUsername
Raven
Raven

31 Oct 2015, 9:17 pm

Kineticosm wrote:
'[I'm] a really good person who goes against the flow and doesn't participate in all the fads that people get caught up in"

This is the bright side here. It's much easier for us to do as we will because we don't have that innate social understanding screaming at us to do otherwise.