There are many bitter and hateful people on this forum

Page 3 of 6 [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2006, 4:24 pm

i know hitler's father was cruel to him. his father beat him into a 2 or 3 (forgot) day coma one time

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

Fraya
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2006, 4:24 pm

Quote:
I can't now remember the name of the gentleman, but you may find it interesting that the guy who invented the idea of "eugenics" fit an Aspergers profile very well indeed.

Yes and Einstein thought up the theories used to create the atomic bomb. That doesnt mean Einstein liked it (you an read his quotes on the matter to see he found it quite distasteful).

Coming up with a basic idea is not the same as advocating its use :P

For example in political science class back in college I came up with a test that would determine if a person was individualistic or communistic in nature. As a mental excersize it works well. To actually perform the experiment in real life would be monstrous.

As for NTs.. well if the only interaction a dog has with humans is abusive can you really fault the dog for fearing, distrusting and biting humans?

Place any human being in a situation where they have to revert to their instincts and they become monsters. A mindset that encourages giving in to those instincts should also be considered heinous, right? And yet that is the NT mindset but they are exempt because they cannot see that in themselves and those who can see it are considered wrong?

Don't do anything at all
-----------
"White Rabbit" - Jefferson Airplane

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2006, 7:14 am

NeantHumain wrote:
Some interesting facts about NTs:
  • NTs are responsible for genocides. (An aspie could hardly convince hundreds of thousands of people that another group of people is responsible for all their ills.)Those an
  • Those annoying political ads are produced for NTs by NTs.
  • The CEOs of the top ten polluting corporations in the world are NT.
  • The vast majority of criminals are NT.
  • NTs are the reason why NBA basketball players make more money than scientists and writers.
  • Conformity is the medium by which NTness (sounds like emptiness, doesn't it? :lol:) infects.
  • It was an NT who first used this emotionally manipulative tactic of persuasion (referring to the tactic used in this very list).

Of course, that (even if true) would just be because there's more non-autistic people, not because of any inherent virtue in autistic people.

Litigious
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2006, 7:59 am

ooh_choc wrote:
Some people aren't going to like what they're reading, and will stop a few lines in.

Sometimes I really can't believe the s**t I read on this forum. It really can be quite disgusting. Here's the latest example:
Prof_Pretorius wrote:
Who knows what NT's experience ?? To them, it's not about affection, or connection, it's just another notch on their "Sex" belt. For ASpies, you have to have the affection and respect for the person, and then the sex is great.

A lot of people here had a hard time growing up. A lot of people were treated terribly at school, by those who needed to bolster their self esteem. Then they were subjected to the alienation that comes from their lack of social understanding and skills. I don't blame those people for having emotional scars, as I have my share too.

What does bother me, however, is when I see aspies naively demonising all NTs, while praising aspies as some kind of superior saintly race of people. This might be emotionally self serving, but at the same time, it's also very self destructive. With such a cynical and hateful view of 99% of the human race, your chances of happiness and meaningful relationships plummets.

Sure, they say things which do indeed apply to certain people, but to make these statements as generalisations is shocking.

99% of "humanity" are idiots and scum bags. Only naïve fools believe in the majority of people ever getting nice and decent. Our chanses to "happiness" will never get greater with NT's in charge. Except for those few high functioning among us who eventually become millionaires.

'Tis munny in my purse.

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2006, 8:30 am

Wow, how elitist.

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2006, 8:31 am

Litigious,

That is the kind of thing I have had to kept to myself. I think all the people I thought were normal had at LEAST a 130 IQ There ARE a lot of problems with IQ including that, as the average intelligence drops, the IQ has to go up to show consistant intelligence.

BTW I would like to know the REAL IQ for the last dozen or so presidents.

Steve

Litigious
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2006, 9:00 am

Well, then we pretty much agree. Only 2% of the population worldwide have an IQ of 130 and above. My IQ is usually above, but it depends on the kind of test. But I've never been below 126. And yes, intelligence is decreasing in general. We have national tests that anyone can do, and I've done some of them during the years. My own test results have either increased or at least been constant, never went down, whilst the average results have constantly decreased from an index 1.00 the first time I did the test to 0.96 the last time I did it. Ergo: People are getting dumber.

I don't think that most presidents after FDR have been very bright. I doubt that Bush Jr. can have a two figure IQ to be honest. A man like that would never become leader of any European nation. Here they at least must be able to hide their stupidity and show some dignity in behavior and manners. He lacks all of that.

'Tis munny in my purse.

fujikochan
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Nov 2006, 10:55 am

Litigious wrote:
Ergo: People are getting dumber.

Yes, I've found that too, and it could have to do with two things: the Internet (and its perceived misuse...for those of us that aren't Wikipedia nerds), and our lack of overall reverence for the written word and its successful execution. Audiobooks are becoming more popular, the Internet has become a haven for music downloads and 1337 sp33k, and most people don't read the newspaper or even watch CNN.

Sadly, I feel myself becoming stupider day by day, or I merely perceive the feeling.

Litigious wrote:
I don't think that most presidents after FDR have been very bright. I doubt that Bush Jr. can have a two figure IQ to be honest. A man like that would never become leader of any European nation. Here they at least must be able to hide their stupidity and show some dignity in behavior and manners. He lacks all of that.

I read a posting once where someone analyzed the past ten presidents' scholarly works and various other things to estimate their IQs. The highest was Clinton, seconded by FDR. The lowest was George W. Bush. I realize that's not an accurate assessment, but an interesting consideration nonetheless.

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2006, 2:05 pm

Instead of using logic to put down NTs, I will use special manipulative NT style approach, A nice country song.
Verse 1
In my country there is problem,
And that problem are the Chavs.
They are very very stupid ,
And drink and smoke too much .
Chorus 1
Throw Chavs down the well (repeat line)
So my country can be free (repeat line)
We must make Science easy (repeat line)
Then we'll have a big party (repeat line)
Verse 2
In my country there is problem
And that problem are the NTs
They take your money , and your wife
And they never give them back
Chorus 2
Throw the NTs down the well (repeat line)
So my country can be free (repeat line)
You must grab him by his horns (repeat line)
Then we have a big party (repeat line)
Verse 3
If you see an NT coming
You must be careful of his teeth
You must grab him by his ****
And I tell you what to do
(Repeat Chorus 2 twice)

bizarre
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2006, 5:10 pm

Aspies should be free to vent about Nt's on this site and not be condemned for doing so.

Remnant
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2006, 8:13 pm

Damned straight.

Dart
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Nov 2006, 8:19 pm

Remnant wrote:
Damned straight.

How dare you talk like an NT! :o

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

07 Nov 2006, 10:31 pm

I have to disagree with a portion of what people are saying here. I've lived much of my life thinking I myself was an NT (I hadn't heard of the term then, though), which is probably a result of me being treated so well. I was only ever ridiculed for my looks (apparently I look like Mr. Bean), rather than because of the way I act. Even now that I know I have AS, I've got quite a few friends that aren't on the spectrum. Mentally counting, I've got about 20 of them! They aren't mean in any way, and they have accepted me and my oddities.

I'd think that about 65% of the population is the way a stereotypical NT is described here. I think it's because of the stressful life in these modern times; because we/they are so gosh-darm busy and stressed out by work, politics and family issues, they barely have time to consider other people's problems and issues, which includes us. I live in a country where we aren't as stressed out as those in, say, New York or London. It's fairly peaceful here in NZ (fairly, it still can get stressful at times), so we have more pause for thought, which is probably the reason why I've been treated better by others than those elsewhere.

I think that if an Aspie lived in an out-of place area, such as a small town or suburb a while away from 'the big city', I wouldn't be suprised if they were treated at least a little bit better. Bot to say that small towns are ass-hole free. I also acknowledge that people have the need to rant or express their opinion. They have a reason to say 'NT's are cruel and heartless', because that's they way it's always been for them. The 'audience' just needs to be a bit more relaxed in these circumstances.

Did I say that right?

Remnant
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2006, 10:56 pm

Small towns can actually be a lot worse. They have their little cliques that have existed since before dirt.

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

07 Nov 2006, 11:06 pm

Oh, right, forgot about that!

fujikochan
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Nov 2006, 11:09 pm

Remnant wrote:
Small towns can actually be a lot worse. They have their little cliques that have existed since before dirt.

Yes, depending on whether you 'fall into' their view of things (a small college town is a lot different from a small farming town in terms of its view of "weird" people).