Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

TheSunAlsoRises
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2012, 8:35 pm

nintendofan,

You need a pair of protective padded gloves that are readily accessible in your back pack and easy to slip on. These gloves will protect your hands, face, legs, and other parts of your body when you start to self injure.

I don't know IF you have any sensitivities to clothes or certain textures BUT below is an example of the kind of gloves you may need.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_ ... ski+gloves

TheSunAlsoRises

miss-understood
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Apr 2012, 6:37 am

Yes, I thought padded gloves too... they might even be able to stop you making a proper fist which I think would cause more damage than a more open palm? Maybe?

When my son has behaviours that worry me, which are usually things he does that will hurt himself or things he does that will hurt others, his psychologist gets us to really look at the behaviours to try and work out why they are happening. You sound like you don't want to be hurting yourself, so maybe with your Mum's help you can keep some notes of every time this happens. Also notes about what happens immediately before each time you hit your legs and after. Notes about whether it was a bad incident or not (like on a scale of 1-10). If you do this for a while you may be able to identify what triggers it, what you get out of it and hopefully then you can find something to replace this behaviour. Something safer. Good luck nintendofan, I hope you get some help soon.