Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 2:04 pm

Joker wrote:
TM wrote:
Joker wrote:
ValentineWiggin wrote:
Joker wrote:
their are just as many atheists willing to kill religious people as their are religious people killing in the name of religion

:lmao: Tell us another one!

Does Pol Pot Mao Zadong Joseph Stalin ring a ball

Stalin actually went to seminary school in Georgia and was all to happy to collude with the Orthodox Church and it with him.

In the case of Pol Pot and Mao their murders were not motivated by Atheism but by an "the ends justify the means" way of thinking combined with communism.

But both of them created a atheist based society and making the religious suffer under their rule.

Not an Atheist based a collectivist based. Just because a society is Atheist in nature does not mean that it is based on Atheism. That's where religious people have a blank spot in their head.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 2:07 pm

ValentineWiggin wrote:
Joker wrote:
TM wrote:
Joker wrote:
ValentineWiggin wrote:
Joker wrote:
their are just as many atheists willing to kill religious people as their are religious people killing in the name of religion

Stalin actually went to seminary school in Georgia and was all to happy to collude with the Orthodox Church and it with him.

In the case of Pol Pot and Mao their murders were not motivated by Atheism but by an "the ends justify the means" way of thinking combined with communism.

But both of them created a atheist based society and making the religious suffer under their rule.

Can you understand that outlawing public religious practice,
and crushing powerful factions which oppose you
is the creation of a despotic, TYRANNICAL society?

Not an ATHEIST-based one???

Tyrannical society can opress everyone but their are atheist who have kiled in the name of atheism but most athesit fell to notice that.

But yes that does make since I do see that but the innocent religious people like buddhists living in certin countries where attacked for their faith.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 2:09 pm

TM wrote:
Joker wrote:
TM wrote:
Joker wrote:
ValentineWiggin wrote:
Joker wrote:

Not an Atheist based a collectivist based. Just because a society is Atheist in nature does not mean that it is based on Atheism. That's where religious people have a blank spot in their head.

If a society is athiest based then of course they will be willing to get rid of the masses of faith following people that don't fit into the atheist society.

iceveela
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Apr 2012, 2:09 pm

Joker wrote:
I find it strange that people who don't believe in God talk about him so much :?:

I guess it is for the reason fundamentalist Christians who oppose homosexuality talk often about dicks and anal sex a lot...

AQ: 36

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 2:10 pm

iceveela wrote:
Joker wrote:
I find it strange that people who don't believe in God talk about him so much :?:

I guess it is for the reason fundamentalist Christians who oppose homosexuality talk often about dicks and anal sex a lot...

I don't like fundies and Im omiseuxal and a christian who has had relationships with men :wink:

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 2:11 pm

Joker wrote:

If a society is athiest based then of course they will be willing to get rid of the masses of faith following people that don't fit into the atheist society.

What does "atheist-based" mean to you,
given that atheism is a lack of belief in gods?

to his Interest."

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 2:20 pm

iceveela wrote:
Joker wrote:

I have a gay friend who's under the opinion that those fundies are a bunch of closet cases.
And I think he's right.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 2:21 pm

ValentineWiggin wrote:
Joker wrote:

I guess in a way it means a lack of belief in god the supernatural and only believeing in things that have proof most of the time

I veiw athesits as arragant because they seem to think their better then people who are religious as a aspie and being a

christian I get mocked for my passion in my faith religion is a personal matter to me and only to me I just hate that fact that

both sides can't seem to find common ground on things like social issues I am a student of my faith their isn't anything that I

don't knwo about it nor am I blind to the evil it has caused but that can be said about anything you believe in I also strongly

dislike fundies because of them they give the religious a bad name by association that's why I can never openly talk about why

I am a christian that follows the gothic christianity which is a secular faith not like the hardline babtists that hate me cause I like

to have sex with men the only reason they say having sex with a man is a sin is because of the pharisees made it against Gods

laws if I have angered you then I am sorry for letting my passion get the better of me that's not who I am.

But Atheism is a mystery to me I would like to know more about it so I can at least be informed when talking about it instead of making judgements that are irrational.

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 2:44 pm

I'm beginning to see a remarkable connection between atheism and Asperger's.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 2:46 pm

snapcap wrote:
I'm beginning to see a remarkable connection between atheism and Asperger's.

It makes the most since really seeing how we are so logical.

webcam
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Apr 2012, 6:50 pm

Joker wrote:
webcam wrote:
Ok, Stalin IIRC killed intentionally... Mao just made epic mistakes. I wonder if China will ever stomp out religion again?

Religion is against the law in China.

Not from what I've heard. I hear they are allowing it more and more... I'm afraid for China. They should IMO just create atheist weekly meeting halls, it would be better for them and satisfy the needs of the community. The mandate of heaven can just be turned into the mandate of space exploration for the preservation of the human species. Go China! Atheists in Space!

webcam
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Apr 2012, 6:53 pm

Joker wrote:
NewlyHuman wrote:
Joker wrote:
webcam wrote:
Ok, Stalin IIRC killed intentionally... Mao just made epic mistakes. I wonder if China will ever stomp out religion again?

Religion is against the law in China.

Um, no, no it isn't. It has freedom of religion.

Um no christians are killed for their faith in China having a bible will get you sent to jail.

The Christians you speak of were being subversive to the government and laws of China. They were essentially political change foundations funded from outside their boarders. This is a definite problem that we have here too and just don't care about. China on the other hand protects her people from civil/political overthrow by outside authorities.

webcam
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Apr 2012, 6:56 pm

Joker wrote:
Oh that's good new information I never knew China has changed so much I'm not trying to attack anyone but when people see atheists murdering for political power their viewed as power hungry sure they never kill for their belief in athesim but they do and have oppressed people of their freedom in the past both sides are guilty of this atheists and religious people in America are always at war with each other it just makes me sad I don't like hating anyone just wish we could debate religion with out putting the other down for what they believe.

I support China's decision to limit the power of religion. Religion forms in-crowds and segregates people from society. We atheists know how it does this more than anyone else. Here the social freedom of an atheist is limited by religion and China seems to be one of the few countries preventing this from happening.

webcam
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Apr 2012, 7:01 pm

Joker wrote:
ValentineWiggin wrote:
Joker wrote:
TM wrote:
Joker wrote:
ValentineWiggin wrote:
Joker wrote:

Can you understand that outlawing public religious practice,
and crushing powerful factions which oppose you
is the creation of a despotic, TYRANNICAL society?

Not an ATHEIST-based one???

Tyrannical society can opress everyone but their are atheist who have kiled in the name of atheism but most athesit fell to notice that.

But yes that does make since I do see that but the innocent religious people like buddhists living in certin countries where attacked for their faith.

Then it was probably because their faith had decided to challenge the government in a inequitable manner.

webcam
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Apr 2012, 7:05 pm

ValentineWiggin wrote:
Joker wrote:

Wouldn't it be nice if only Atheists were allowed to hold government positions or government jobs? If people were protected from effects of religion on society and the harm it can do to people? If it meant social groups had to be open about what they are talking about?

webcam
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Apr 2012, 7:07 pm

Joker wrote:
ValentineWiggin wrote:
Joker wrote:

I guess in a way it means a lack of belief in god the supernatural and only believeing in things that have proof most of the time

I veiw athesits as arragant because they seem to think their better then people who are religious as a aspie and being a

christian I get mocked for my passion in my faith religion is a personal matter to me and only to me I just hate that fact that

both sides can't seem to find common ground on things like social issues I am a student of my faith their isn't anything that I

don't knwo about it nor am I blind to the evil it has caused but that can be said about anything you believe in I also strongly

dislike fundies because of them they give the religious a bad name by association that's why I can never openly talk about why

I am a christian that follows the gothic christianity which is a secular faith not like the hardline babtists that hate me cause I like

to have sex with men the only reason they say having sex with a man is a sin is because of the pharisees made it against Gods

laws if I have angered you then I am sorry for letting my passion get the better of me that's not who I am.

But Atheism is a mystery to me I would like to know more about it so I can at least be informed when talking about it instead of making judgements that are irrational.

Or you could just give up god and say you have a right to be who you are simply because you exist.