Why do the religious and non religious care what the other b

Page 1 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Rocky
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 5:59 am

Lord_Gareth wrote:
You know, I honestly didn't catch any flak from my semi-religious parents about being an atheist.

The daily beatings at school and on the bus, on the other hand, were an unrighteous b****.

Let me guess. The ones who beat you were followers of the guy who said to turn the other cheek rather than hurt anyone.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 6:55 am

Joker wrote:
Why do the religious and non religious care what the other believes?

Believers insecure in their faith are strengthened and bolstered when doubters and non-believers come to believe what they believe. On the other hand those who persist in doubting or disbelieving discredit their faith.

ruveyn

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 8:57 am

Because the religious like to torture oppress and murder people and kick and scream about scientific advancements which stand to improve the lives of billions.

to his Interest."

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 10:32 am

ValentineWiggin wrote:
Because the religious like to torture oppress and murder people and kick and scream about scientific advancements which stand to improve the lives of billions.

Apparently you have not spent any time around American Conservative and Reform Jews.

You probably have Muslim fanatics in mind. These extremists are in the minority among the Muslims of the world. Most Muslims go about their daily business and do not hurt anyone. Unfortunately they rarely take their more extreme co-religionists to task.

ruveyn

TM
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 10:36 am

Because religious people keep trying to force other people to live in accordance with their belief.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 11:23 am

ValentineWiggin wrote:

Gosh I hear this all the time the religious extreminist in any religion is very small I am a methodist no one in my church does that also athesit militants have done that too :jester:

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 11:26 am

TM wrote:
Because religious people keep trying to force other people to live in accordance with their belief.

Jews don't do that. In fact most rabbis try to discourage people who would convert to Judaism and there is not such thing as Jewish evangelism. Jews do not try to go out and convert people.

ruveyn

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 11:29 am

ruveyn wrote:
TM wrote:

Jews don't do that. In fact most rabbis try to discourage people who would convert to Judaism and there is not such thing as Jewish evangelism. Jews do not try to go out and convert people.

ruveyn

That's true Judaism isn't evangelical but christianity and Ilsam is when people attack religion they will attack the jewish faith as well.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 11:31 am

Joker wrote:

That's true Judaism isn't evangelical but christianity and Ilsam is when people attack religion they will attack the jewish faith as well.

It is not easy to be Jewish.

ruveyn

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 11:32 am

ruveyn wrote:
Joker wrote:

ruveyn

In deed it isn't easy to be christian at times either following a faith and making it apart of your life is a hard thing to do in the world we live in :jester:

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 11:41 am

ruveyn wrote:
Joker wrote:

ruveyn

Why is that?

I think it's not easy being a Nazareth Baptist because you're constantly being preached to about how sucky your life is and it will only be better when you're dead.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 12:41 pm

Having a belief of any kind can be stressful even if you believe or dont.

abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 12:44 pm

Because religious folks (mainly christians in my country) are constantly trying to make everyone else live by their arbitrary and insane set of mral codes.

You will reap what you've sown.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 12:54 pm

abacacus wrote:
Because religious folks (mainly christians in my country) are constantly trying to make everyone else live by their arbitrary and insane set of mral codes.

They are people like that but we are not all that way I don't believe in enforcing my faith on anyone and hate those that do that's why I'm no fan of fundies who I can't stand.

TM
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 1:20 pm

ruveyn wrote:
TM wrote:

ruveyn

In my experience, most Jews are highly secular and engage in their religion not due to faith but due to culture.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 1:22 pm

TM wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
TM wrote:

ruveyn

In my experience, most Jews are highly secular and engage in their religion not due to faith but due to culture.

That's pretty much how I am as well their are secular christians I engage in my religion because of my faith and culture.