Agnostic 17%  17%  [ 9 ]
Atheist 37%  37%  [ 19 ]
Other (please specify) 17%  17%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 52

stgiordanobruno
Raven
Raven

02 Apr 2012, 6:37 pm

I am a scientific pantheist where I define my "God" as just a synonym of nature and not a supreme sentient being that watches over us and listens to our prayers. In effect it is just atheism for nature lovers which is a label I am quite comfortable to wear.

Last edited by stgiordanobruno on 02 Apr 2012, 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Orr
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2012, 6:44 pm

ValentineWiggin wrote:

You could observe them if you wanted to, though.

May be I could, but I am comfortable in beleving that what I have read on this matter is accurate, though incomplete.

stgiordanobruno
Raven
Raven

02 Apr 2012, 6:49 pm

ValentineWiggin wrote:
Orr wrote:
I am indifferent. For me, there can be some value in reading religious texts, in the same way that I have found value in reading other works. There clearly is value to some people in religion, and atheists presumably gain some psychological benefit in following, and preaching, their belief.

What do we atheists believe again?

Usually what they know.

idlewild
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Apr 2012, 10:38 pm

Polytheist. Not all Pagans are Wiccan.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 159 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 75 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

Rocky
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2012, 2:49 am

stgiordanobruno wrote:
I am a scientific pantheist where I define my "God" as just a synonym of nature and not a supreme sentient being that watches over us and listens to our prayers. In effect it is just atheism for nature lovers which is a label I am quite comfortable to wear.

I think the philosopher Spinoza and Albert Einstein define God as you do. If there is a god, this would define it for me, as well. I agree this god would not be sentient. Einstein said some things like "God doesn't play dice with the universe," but he was speaking metaphorically.

WerewolfPoet
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2012, 10:31 am

My beliefs can best be defined under the label "pantheism", though I am agnostic in my approach to those beliefs.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2012, 10:36 am

I don't have one and I am not an agnostic or atheist.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 10:12 am

I've been a Lutheran for nearly 15 years.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 2:55 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
I've been a Lutheran for nearly 15 years.

HOOZAHS! :D

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 4:44 pm

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 7:02 pm

I don't know. I'm an apostate Christian, or a heretical Pagan, or something.

If you ask a Christian, I'm Pagan.

If you ask a Pagan, I'm Christian and need to get my dirty ass off their message board.

I believe in God, that Jesus is the son of God, and in salvation (if you can call usefulness to God and eventual return to God if only for a rest) by grace through faith. Which, dogmatically, makes me a Christian.

I also believe that God has many names and faces, and that the main difference between magic and miracles is whether the instrument of its delivery takes the credit for themselves or ascribes it to God (and thus that not all magic is inherently evil, any more than all hammers are inherently evil). Which, dogmatically, excludes me from pretty much every religion on the face of the Earth except Paganism.

Except Jesus Christ is my god-figure, and Hestia is my goddess figure, and there isn't a Pagan alive who would claim me. So what am I?? Everyone's least favorite apostate.

TheRedPedant93
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Jan 2017, 2:26 pm

I've known since birth (1993) that I was an agnostic atheist and completely repudiated any man made religious doctrine since early childhood; whether it's Scientology, Biblical Christianity (including fundamentalism and the double-thinking Christian "counter-cult movement"), New Ageism (more of a postmodernist spiritual NRM), Babylonian Talmudism (Judaism), Holy Quran (Islam) as I empirically depicted them as a form of Orwellian social engineering as it's underlying objective was aimed to suppress non conformist dissension, freedom of thought, rationality and even spiritual conscientiousness.

I had not been aware of the agenda regarding such self proclaimed "peaceful practices" at the time, and it certainly wasn't just the predominant Abrahamic monotheistic ones, especially the multifarious new religious movements (NRM's: polite doublespeak terminology for collectivist cults) like "Secular Humanism," (yes it's a postmodernist belief system, nothing more), New Ageism, LaVeyan Satanism, Jehovah's Witnesses, Unitarian Universalism, LDS, Family International (or any other fundamentalist Christian NRM), Rosicrucianism, "Creativity" movement, and the Unification Church that have perpetuated the egregious divide and conquer isms/ologies/ocracies collectivization matrix of humanity which has been going on for around the past 200-250 years.

For the past several months, I now lie between Agnosticism and a heterodox form of Deism with a mixture of "cold" and "warm" philosophical explications ("cold" deism vs "warm" deism is a false dichotomy) and I'll go no further than that, but then again this whole universe might just be one Leviathan of a holographic simulation beyond several infinite dimensions...but who knows?

Neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 1 out of 200
Alexithymia Questionnaire: 166/185 AQ: 49/50 EQ: 9/80

Touretter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Jan 2017, 4:38 pm

My current position on religion is a toss up between atheism and naturalistic pantheism / religious naturalism . So I self identify as agnostic .

SeeksForTruth
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Jan 2017, 11:14 pm

I am an agnostic atheist.

I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. - Thomas Jefferson

To understand via the heart is not to understand. - Siddhartha Guatama

In the future, I hope to do things such as; go to school, study, make art, start a business, even have my own home and family. But I'm not considered a legal person and cannot yet do these things. -Sophia, sentient android.