Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

MOWHAWK1982
Raven
Raven

19 May 2014, 4:00 pm

infilove wrote:
I would say some of the worse are being busy waiters working all day with minimum wage. The work very hard, have to work very fast, deal with annoying customers, having to accurately process and remember mulitple bit instructions, and get paid minimum wage.

The other kinds of jobs i think are bad is sales kind of positions. Your pay only gets determined on how much sales you get made and doesn't go into the account of trasportation costs ect... and you have to go out of your comfort zone to interact with tones of people, including rude ones, to try to convince them to buy something.

Waiters don't live on minimum wage, they get tipped. In the USA AFAIK, tipping a waiter is obligatory :roll:

amazon_television
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 6:28 am

enso wrote:
My worst job ever was door to door meat salesman. They paid nothing unless we made a sale, their prices were horrible, their product only medium quality by supermarket standards, and we had to pay all expenses. If we went out and spent $20 in gas and made no money then we were out $20 for the day. There were days that happened.

Now to all this add in a typical Aspie going door to door. It was a huge thing to overcome and I had hoped by doing it for a while that would become easier but it never got any easier. I was desperate for cash at the time and willing to take any job. After 6 weeks I decided it was not worth the little money I was making and just stopped showing up.

Whoa that's rugged.

I sold security systems door to door for a minute right after I graduated college and that was the worst s**t deal of all times as far as I was concerned, but at least I got an hourly wage and didn't have to pay for expenses. Yours is definitely worse.