am i the only one who gets triggered/freaked out by...

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

JHKyle
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Apr 2012, 10:00 am

...the sound of a ringing telephone?

totally hate the sound.

it just...sets me off.

i can use a phone okay, no problem...
it's just when the phone rings...i freak....

Alexender
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2012, 10:01 am

I wouldn't say I freak out, but my heartrate goes up and I get an adrenaline rush from hearing a phone ring haha.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2012, 11:51 am

The phone doesn't bother me, but sudden loud, jarring noises when I least expect them can make me literally scream. Just last night my cat knocked over a small painting I had made displayed on a miniature art easel onto the floor. Nothing got broken but I was like, "AAAAAAAAAAHHHH!! !" 8O
But I'm not nearly as bad as I was when I was younger and got my first apartment. Just the sound of the doorbell would nearly give me a heart attack even if I knew someone was coming over. And cars or trucks blasting their horns when I'd be out walking, or when I'd be dosing off in bed at night and then a car or motorbike would ZOOM down the road just outside my window.
...Can you change the ringtone on your phone or adjust the volume? Maybe it wouldn't be so bad then. :)

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2012, 1:11 pm

I abhor unexpected noises like that. If something catches me completely off guard I end up crouched with my hands over my ears. It takes me a few seconds to get back on track.