List advice you would give to someone 3/4 your age

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2012, 6:13 am

Example: I'm turning 16 in the summer.
To someone 13 I'd say "Go with your gut instinct". If it feels weird, don't do it.

Don't be lazy. Take responsibility. You'll feel like a little kid if your parents nag you about stuff.
Be deliberate and patient. DOn't lose your cool

WerewolfPoet
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2012, 9:14 am

Neat concept!

I am currently seventeen years old. To someone twelve years and nine months old:
*Focus on the positive in every situation that you possibly can. Yes, it is important to be aware of the negative aspects for reasons of safety and practicality, but also the majority of your mental and emotional energy to be allocated to the positive aspects. People are batshit crazy, yes, but they also have traits about them that can make life a truly remarkable experience.
*BALANCE is key. Work diligently and live responsibly, but allow yourself to enjoy the pleasures of life.
*A healthy diet can make all of the difference in the world. Stay away from high fructose corn syrup, monosodium glutamate (MSG), and aspartame. This is not so much to do with weight issues as it is to do with general, overall health.
*The above being said, it is perfectly okay to "cheat" every once in a while; if you REALLY want that piece of cheesecake after a stressful week, then go ahead and indulge: one piece of cheesecake is not going to harm you in the long run.
*Find love wherever you possibly can; whether it be people, nature, music, art, logic, math, science, or washing machines, love SOMETHING. Love is vital to the core of our beings.

Yes, this sounds a lot like advice that would be given to adults. I see no reason, however, to withhold such information from a teenager or preteen. The sooner they realize such things, the happier they will become in the larger scope of time.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2012, 10:43 pm

to somebody 3/4 my age, i would say: $ave $ave $ave!! ! invest every spare dollar you can, in income-producing investments. don't waste a penny on things of merely temporary value. defer your appetite for the finer things in life to when you have a big nest egg to relax upon so as to better enjoy these finer things.

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2012, 12:51 pm

Age 16 advice to someone age 12...here goes.

1. Don't bottle up your feelings. It only leads to self doubt.
2. Not everyone is having sex like they claim they are. To actually do it is stupid.
3. Drugs cause irrepairable damage to your neurology and should be avoided at all cost.
4. Shut up about politics. You don't know how the world works yet.
5. Don't follow others, do what makes you feel passionate.

Currently working on getting in a studio to record my solo album 40+ tracks written.

Chatroom nicks: MetalFluttershy/MetalTwilight/SanityTheorist

mushroo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Apr 2012, 12:57 pm

Mid 30s. To someone in their mid/late 20's I would say "stay sober/sober up." You don't want to be 30 and thinking you can still party like an undergrad.