Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

psayles56
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 23 Oct 2011
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Posts: 412
Location: New York

04 Apr 2012, 5:20 am

A few days ago I smoked weed. Probably wasn't the best idea. As soon as I smoked I started to feel very bizarre like I was not in my body and my body was going very fast. I have really bad anxiety, depression, and a mood disorder, as well as Aspergers, Fibromyalgia and Lupus. I was so scared when this happened. This is the second time it has happened to me. I will never be doing that again, but the past few days
I have been feeling like they have been speeding by. I take seroquel and I didn't take it last night and I feel some what better. I don't feel like I am a sleep walking zombie. I just am very paranoid and stuff. I am also very tired because seroquel is about one of the only things that can help me sleep. I have been feeling like crap in the morning though like I have to wake up and try and realize if the day before was a dream or reality and it seems like I have no dreams I guess. If anyone can write anything that they have experienced similar to this, or what has helped them please let me know. Thank you!


_________________
Your Aspie score: 165 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 33 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie


TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Mar 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,061

04 Apr 2012, 6:39 am

I used to smoke a little hash or weed sometimes when I was a student many years ago. However, looking back at my behaviour I think it was responsible for triggering instability in my moods and depression. If you have a mood disorder / cyclothymia / bipolar I think such drugs are best avoided.


_________________
I've left WP indefinitely.


Sarah81
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 28 Feb 2012
Gender: Female
Posts: 337

04 Apr 2012, 10:25 pm

You mentioned that you take seroquel and then you stopped taking it and felt better. You also mentioned you have a mood disorder. Stopping this medication abruptly is very dangerous. "Feeling better" Might be the start of a manic or psychotic episode. Speaking from personal experience. See your psychiatrist immediately.

I don't smoke weed, never have. It really smells bad. Oh and it mucks up your brain.



Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Age: 31
Gender: Female
Posts: 32,152
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

04 Apr 2012, 10:43 pm

psayles56 wrote:
A few days ago I smoked weed. Probably wasn't the best idea. As soon as I smoked I started to feel very bizarre like I was not in my body and my body was going very fast. I have really bad anxiety, depression, and a mood disorder, as well as Aspergers, Fibromyalgia and Lupus. I was so scared when this happened. This is the second time it has happened to me. I will never be doing that again, but the past few days
I have been feeling like they have been speeding by. I take seroquel and I didn't take it last night and I feel some what better. I don't feel like I am a sleep walking zombie. I just am very paranoid and stuff. I am also very tired because seroquel is about one of the only things that can help me sleep. I have been feeling like crap in the morning though like I have to wake up and try and realize if the day before was a dream or reality and it seems like I have no dreams I guess. If anyone can write anything that they have experienced similar to this, or what has helped them please let me know. Thank you!


Hmm from what I've read taking seroquel with marijuana increases the sedative type effects, and marijuana by its self typically seems to slow time down not speed it up......how does caffeine effect you? Otherwise it must have been a really good sativa strain. But yeah if you did not enjoy the effects of the weed you probably shouldn't smoke it again then again it could have been the circumstances of which you smoked under as that can sometimes effect if you have a good or bad experience.

Also why didn't you take the seroquel last night? and if you felt better without it maybe that's having some negative effects...but the other poster who mentioned it being a bad idea to suddenly stop taking meds raises a good point. sometimes that can be dangerous so you might want to consult with a doctor about that.......though I don't think missing one dose is that bad...or is it just prescribed for when you need it for sleep?


_________________
Fascism is a disease.


psayles56
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 23 Oct 2011
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Posts: 412
Location: New York

04 Apr 2012, 11:51 pm

I take it mainly because it helps me sleep.



Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Age: 31
Gender: Female
Posts: 32,152
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

05 Apr 2012, 12:03 am

psayles56 wrote:
I take it mainly because it helps me sleep.


Alright, well have you noticed any bad symptoms before you smoked the weed?...or was it only after that that you experianced negative effects? Also why did you not take it the one night?


_________________
Fascism is a disease.


psayles56
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 23 Oct 2011
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Posts: 412
Location: New York

05 Apr 2012, 9:58 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
psayles56 wrote:
I take it mainly because it helps me sleep.


Alright, well have you noticed any bad symptoms before you smoked the weed?...or was it only after that that you experianced negative effects? Also why did you not take it the one night?


it was only after I smoked weed and I have smoked weed before and had no issues but a couple times it has made me really bug out. I haven't taken my seroquel for a couple days because it makes me feel like a zombie. I feel better when I don't take the seroquel but the only issue is without taking it I have trouble falling asleep. I don't think I am bipolar though and neither does some people in my family and my therapist. My old psychiatrist is the only one who thought I was.


_________________
Your Aspie score: 165 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 33 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie


Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Age: 31
Gender: Female
Posts: 32,152
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

06 Apr 2012, 10:06 am

psayles56 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
psayles56 wrote:
I take it mainly because it helps me sleep.


Alright, well have you noticed any bad symptoms before you smoked the weed?...or was it only after that that you experianced negative effects? Also why did you not take it the one night?


it was only after I smoked weed and I have smoked weed before and had no issues but a couple times it has made me really bug out. I haven't taken my seroquel for a couple days because it makes me feel like a zombie. I feel better when I don't take the seroquel but the only issue is without taking it I have trouble falling asleep. I don't think I am bipolar though and neither does some people in my family and my therapist. My old psychiatrist is the only one who thought I was.


Hmm well have you thought of talking to your doctor about getting off of it, and maybe trying something else to sleep? I actually tried seroquel once because I am a curious person, and it was intresting and all but certainly made me feel pretty zombified, I don't think I would take it very often at all if I was prescribed it. Anyways though maybe there would be something that helps you sleep without making you feel like that. I personally use weed but if it has bad effects for you that might not help.

One other thing though when you smoked weed before where you taking seroquel? because it might just be a bad reaction between the two.


_________________
Fascism is a disease.


marshall
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,752
Location: Turkey

06 Apr 2012, 12:36 pm

Seroquel is a pretty potent drug that builds up in your blood stream over time even if you're only taking once a day. You can definitely experience withdrawals if you stop taking it suddenly. I don't think there's a great reason to take a drug in that class for sleep alone. There's much better drugs for that. Over-the-counter melatonin works for me, though it causes bad dreams if I overdo it so I tend to stick to a smaller dose.

As for marijuana, I don't know. I've only tried it once and it didn't have that affect on me. I'm thinking mixing different drugs can cause odd effects on some people and it might only happen intermittently. I know anti-psychotic drugs like Seroquel and/or Risperdol can cause a serious side effect called akathisia that feels like fingernails on a chalk-board, or an itch deep inside that you can't get to. I've also had a very bad reaction to taking a benzo for sleep that didn't crop up until I'd been taking them regularly for a few months. It was like I would instantly switch back and forth between being extraordinarily sleepy and feeling hyper-emotional and/or near-panic-attack level anxiety with no in between.



psayles56
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 23 Oct 2011
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Posts: 412
Location: New York

06 Apr 2012, 1:58 pm

I haven't smoked weed since that incident and I am having this out of body feeling. I feel like I am losing my mind. I don't know what to do. Could it be panic attacks from anxiety?



Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Jul 2011
Age: 50
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,843
Location: Ontario, Canada

06 Apr 2012, 3:03 pm

I smoke a lot of weed and I take Seroquel. The first time I smoked weed after I started taking Seroquel I was pretty highly stoned. I did keep smoking though and now I'm more used to the effect.

Seroquel makes me feel zombieish too. I don't take it to sleep; I take it so that my mind functions better. In my case I will take the zombie feeling over the alternative.

What you decide to take or smoke is up to you; no one can know what works best for your body except you. I would say that stopping the Seroquel so abruptly might be risky. You should probably talk to your doctor about what you're going through and how you want to deal with it. Sometimes you have to come off a drug slowly - like every other night ... every third night ... etc.



psayles56
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 23 Oct 2011
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Posts: 412
Location: New York

06 Apr 2012, 10:27 pm

I have been bugging bad lately. I feel like it might be panic attacks but they get really bad. I feel like I am not in my body and stuff. I don't hear things or see things that aren't there. I just feel like I am in a dream or something. It scares me really badly. I need a new psychiatrist so I can talk to that person about my new issues.
Gah it is never ending though!


_________________
Your Aspie score: 165 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 33 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie


Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Age: 31
Gender: Female
Posts: 32,152
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

07 Apr 2012, 8:45 am

psayles56 wrote:
I have been bugging bad lately. I feel like it might be panic attacks but they get really bad. I feel like I am not in my body and stuff. I don't hear things or see things that aren't there. I just feel like I am in a dream or something. It scares me really badly. I need a new psychiatrist so I can talk to that person about my new issues.
Gah it is never ending though!


Yeah certainly try and talk to someone about it......but yeah I've had that feeling before, and I don;t see or hear things that aren't there but sometimes I sense things which is weird.


_________________
Fascism is a disease.


psayles56
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 23 Oct 2011
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Posts: 412
Location: New York

08 Apr 2012, 3:41 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
psayles56 wrote:
I have been bugging bad lately. I feel like it might be panic attacks but they get really bad. I feel like I am not in my body and stuff. I don't hear things or see things that aren't there. I just feel like I am in a dream or something. It scares me really badly. I need a new psychiatrist so I can talk to that person about my new issues.
Gah it is never ending though!


Yeah certainly try and talk to someone about it......but yeah I've had that feeling before, and I don;t see or hear things that aren't there but sometimes I sense things which is weird.


I sense things too sometimes. I am extra paranoid too.
My life drives me crazy. :(
I wish I didn't always feel either sick or crazy.


_________________
Your Aspie score: 165 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 33 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie


slave
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Feb 2012
Age: 108
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,410
Location: Dystopia Planetia

13 Apr 2012, 3:16 pm

psayles56 wrote:
I take it mainly because it helps me sleep.


Going on and off most psych meds is VERY risky and can even cause seizures, etc.....
You must have medical guidance for this behavior.
:)



slave
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Feb 2012
Age: 108
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,410
Location: Dystopia Planetia

13 Apr 2012, 3:24 pm

psayles56 wrote:
I have been bugging bad lately. I feel like it might be panic attacks but they get really bad. I feel like I am not in my body and stuff. I don't hear things or see things that aren't there. I just feel like I am in a dream or something. It scares me really badly. I need a new psychiatrist so I can talk to that person about my new issues.
Gah it is never ending though!


please read about de-personalization and de-realization on the web.
IMO you sound a bit out of control and I hope you can have a Psychiatrist direct the care you need.
:)