Aspies are spiritual or atheist while NT are religious?

Page 1 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

nordo
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Apr 2012, 11:55 am

I have been reading that the universe started with a singularity and an event horizon. Light was formed and so was the rest of the articles and waves of the universe. I pondered that the God that created the universe is an exacting God and also that He practices the laws of conversation. What began as light was used to make matter. What began as matter was used to create life, including Mankind. To go even further, the female of our species was reportedly created from the male (if we are to believe the testament in the Torah.) I believe that we live in a hologram structured by the Humanity in the far future as, well, entertainment. Meanwhile we have the resurrection of Christ, which recent evidence strongly suggests created a singularity and an event horizon recorded in the Shroud of Turin. (http://www.khouse.org/articles/2009/847/print/ ) "Oh, my user's User..." LOL!

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2012, 11:58 am

nordo wrote:
I have been reading that the universe started with a singularity and an event horizon. Light was formed and so was the rest of the articles and waves of the universe. I pondered that the God that created the universe is an exacting God and also that He practices the laws of conversation. What began as light was used to make matter. What began as matter was used to create life, including Mankind. To go even further, the female of our species was reportedly created from the male (if we are to believe the testament in the Torah.) I believe that we live in a hologram structured by the Humanity in the far future as, well, entertainment. Meanwhile we have the resurrection of Christ, which recent evidence strongly suggests created a singularity and an event horizon recorded in the Shroud of Turin. (http://www.khouse.org/articles/2009/847/print/ ) "Oh, my user's User..." LOL!

I suspect you intended to say the Laws of Conservation which are equivalent to the underlying symmetries of nature according Noether's Theorem. De Lawd also likes the principle of parsimony and Least Action.

So if God is so smart how do you account for the male prostate gland and the lumbar region of the human spine? Our human spines are better adapted to four legged animals than to upright bipedal animals.

God gets at most a C+ for engineering.

ruveyn

nordo
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Apr 2012, 11:58 am

.... And perhaps this singularity and event horizon created a new universe.

nordo
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Apr 2012, 12:02 pm

@ ruveyn That's exactly what I'm saying. He used what was already there to create something new, thus respecting the laws of conversation. The whole purpose of my previous comments was to illustrate this. :-)

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2012, 12:09 pm

nordo wrote:
@ ruveyn That's exactly what I'm saying. He used what was already there to create something new, thus respecting the laws of conversation. The whole purpose of my previous comments was to illustrate this. :-)

You didn't answer my questions about the prostate gland and the lumbar region of the spine. G-D may be great but He is not fully competent. Humans could design a better spine or hip joint.

ruveyn

nordo
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Apr 2012, 12:09 pm

And if Humanity is smart enough to assign a letter grade to God, why is it that after several decades science is not able to create a single life form, even a dead on (pardon my reverse pun)? They Have tried on purpose and even tried to hijack the dna of existing life forms. Nothing. Meanwhile, we got people out there that believe a rock, given billions of years to think about, produced a Bears fan eating cheese fries at a game present day. If they can fantasize, so can I. :wink:

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2012, 12:12 pm

nordo wrote:
And if Humanity is smart enough to assign a letter grade to God, why is it that after several decades science is not able to create a single life form, even a dead on (pardon my reverse pun)? They Have tried on purpose and even tried to hijack the dna of existing life forms. Nothing. Meanwhile, we got people out there that believe a rock, given billions of years to think about, produced a Bears fan eating cheese fries at a game present day. If they can fantasize, so can I. :wink:

Sorry to disappoint you but Craig Venter and his team created a living microbe from non-living material.

I never implied we are smarter than God. I plainly said God is not all that smart.

ruveyn

nordo
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Apr 2012, 12:15 pm

Greg has not created life. He has put peices of other life together. He never created life out of nothing, like the rock-to-Bears fan eating cheese fries suggest happened. Please show me where this guy created life out of dirt.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2012, 12:19 pm

nordo wrote:
Greg has not created life. He has put peices of other life together. He never created life out of nothing, like the rock-to-Bears fan eating cheese fries suggest happened. Please show me where this guy created life out of dirt.

No one has ever created anything out of nothing. The products Craig Venter used were not living at the time he used them and the result could replicate. That is pretty close.

Frankly I hope none creates organic life out of non organic compounds. I fear the accidental non-intended consequences of such a think. Given the ubiquity of incompetence we are likely to make the very thing that destroys us.

ruveyn

nordo
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Apr 2012, 12:19 pm

On May 2010, a team of scientists led by Venter became the first to successfully create what was described as "synthetic life".[53][54] This was done by synthesizing a very long DNA molecule containing an entire bacterium genome, and introducing this into another cell, analogous to the accomplishment of Eckard Wimmer's group, who synthesized and ligated an RNA virus genome and "booted" it in cell lysate.[55] The single-celled organism contains four "watermarks"[56] written into its DNA to identify it as synthetic and to help trace its descendants. The watermarks include

Code table for entire alphabet with punctuations
Names of 46 contributing scientists
Three quotations
The web address for the cell.[57]

He had to get another existing life form to create the "synthetic life form". Not very original, viruses have been doing this for years.

nordo
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Apr 2012, 12:22 pm

I do not mean to offend, but please refrain from creating facts out of nothing when responding to my posts LOL!

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2012, 12:23 pm

nordo wrote:
On May 2010, a team of scientists led by Venter became the first to successfully create what was described as "synthetic life".[53][54] This was done by synthesizing a very long DNA molecule containing an entire bacterium genome, and introducing this into another cell, analogous to the accomplishment of Eckard Wimmer's group, who synthesized and ligated an RNA virus genome and "booted" it in cell lysate.[55] The single-celled organism contains four "watermarks"[56] written into its DNA to identify it as synthetic and to help trace its descendants. The watermarks include

Code table for entire alphabet with punctuations
Names of 46 contributing scientists
Three quotations
The web address for the cell.[57]

He had to get another existing life form to create the "synthetic life form". Not very original, viruses have been doing this for years.

That is quite true. One step closer though. It is really not necessary to create life from non-organic compounds. Nature has been at it 4 billion years and can do it cheaper than us. Once it is done, though it will settle the question of weather the laws of physics of atomic and subatomic particles are sufficient to make living stuff. Once done, it will prove the non-necessity of God, who is for the most part irrelevant and widely ignored.

ruveyn

nordo
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Apr 2012, 12:29 pm

Creating life out of nothing, like creating matter out of nothing, will not happen. We think because we can strap explosive devices to a glorified lawn chair and explore the moon, or make up stuff in jargoneze that nobody else but the priesthood of physicists can understand (and shout down anyone who disagrees), and that these accomplishments make humanity enlightened to the point of playing poker with God. This aint a Greg Bear novel. :-)

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2012, 12:30 pm

nordo wrote:
Creating life out of nothing, like creating matter out of nothing, will not happen. We think because we can strap explosive devices to a glorified lawn chair and explore the moon, or make up stuff in jargoneze that nobody else but the priesthood of physicists can understand (and shout down anyone who disagrees), and that these accomplishments make humanity enlightened to the point of playing poker with God. This aint a Greg Bear novel. :-)

Humans will never create anything from nothing. That is a skill not found in our resumes.

The best we can do is transform something that is already there within the laws of physics.

ruveyn

Last edited by ruveyn on 11 Apr 2012, 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nordo
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Apr 2012, 12:33 pm

I agree :-)

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2012, 12:48 pm

Well, since Aspies are better than NTs :roll: , then of course their Aspie spirits are better too. :roll: