Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

questor
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2012, 7:08 am

Sounds good, but I don't entirely agree with the push to get spectrum kids into a mainstream school environment. If the kid wants it, sure, but I would have been better off home schooled, and so I think would many others of us on the spectrum. I don't see a benefit to being thrown into a pool of vicious little monsters with the hope that I might learn something. What I learned was that other kids are vicious monsters, and that adults think being in mainstream schools is more important than protecting a preyed upon child from the vicious monsters. Educational stuff didn't pan out so good, as it's hard enough to learn if you are on the spectrum without also having do deal with vicious monsters at the same time.

While I approve of using tablet PCs to help in the learning process, if I had had kids, they would have been home schooled, whether on the spectrum or not.