Another Obama Attack on the Second Amendment!

Page 6 of 8 [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2008
Age: 83
Gender: Male
Posts: 31,726
Location: New Jersey

10 Apr 2012, 3:47 pm

Raptor wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:
Image

If we're going to imprison a Russian, captured in a sting operation in Thailand, for selling weapons in Colombia, then of course he deserves Second Amendment protection.


Bet you can't identify that weapon /\


It is a rifle.

ruveyn



ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Mar 2012
Age: 115
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,800

10 Apr 2012, 3:57 pm

Raptor wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:
Raptor wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:
Image

If we're going to imprison a Russian, captured in a sting operation in Thailand, for selling weapons in Colombia, then of course he deserves Second Amendment protection.


Bet you can't identify that weapon /\


Do I smell a troll?????? :shameonyou:


I've already been given that title. :D


Okay, then you can be "Vice Troll" :P



visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Oct 2009
Age: 52
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,128
Location: Vancouver, BC

11 Apr 2012, 12:25 pm

AceOfSpades wrote:
It's pandabear hint hint nudge nudge


Yeah, but if he's going to masquerade he's going to need to do better than that.

Incompentent satire simply serves to reinforce those one seeks to satirize.


_________________
--James


CoMF
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 7 Feb 2012
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 328

11 Apr 2012, 12:40 pm

Raptor wrote:
Bet you can't identify that weapon /\


It's kind of hard to tell, but I'll hazard a guess that it's an FAL?

ETA: An FAL which apparently has a battered/crooked front sight.



Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Mar 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,985
Location: Southeast U.S.A.

11 Apr 2012, 1:46 pm

CoMF wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Bet you can't identify that weapon /\


It's kind of hard to tell, but I'll hazard a guess that it's an FAL?

ETA: An FAL which apparently has a battered/crooked front sight.


You are correct! :D
Its an FAL or one of the many variants of it.



Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,044
Location: Seattle

11 Apr 2012, 9:47 pm

visagrunt wrote:
Incompetent satire simply serves to reinforce those one seeks to satirize.


Dude, I'm totally stealing that quote.


_________________
Murum Aries Attigit


11 Apr 2012, 9:58 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
Raptor wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:
Raptor wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:
Image

If we're going to imprison a Russian, captured in a sting operation in Thailand, for selling weapons in Colombia, then of course he deserves Second Amendment protection.


Bet you can't identify that weapon /\


Do I smell a troll?????? :shameonyou:


I've already been given that title. :D


Okay, then you can be "Vice Troll" :P



Image


If anyone is TROLLING here in this thread, it's You.



ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Mar 2012
Age: 115
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,800

12 Apr 2012, 7:35 am

You can be assistant vice-troll.

Image



ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Mar 2012
Age: 115
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,800

12 Apr 2012, 7:36 am

Dox47 wrote:
visagrunt wrote:
Incompetent satire simply serves to reinforce those one seeks to satirize.


Dude, I'm totally stealing that quote.


Plagiarist! :shameonyou:



ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Mar 2012
Age: 115
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,800

12 Apr 2012, 7:37 am

visagrunt wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:
It's pandabear hint hint nudge nudge


Yeah, but if he's going to masquerade he's going to need to do better than that.

Incompentent satire simply serves to reinforce those one seeks to satirize.


Shall we have a satire contest?



visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Oct 2009
Age: 52
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,128
Location: Vancouver, BC

12 Apr 2012, 12:12 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Dude, I'm totally stealing that quote.


It's not theft if I give you license to use it. Which I do!

Use it in good health! :)


_________________
--James


ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Mar 2012
Age: 115
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,800

12 Apr 2012, 2:02 pm

visagrunt wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Dude, I'm totally stealing that quote.


It's not theft if I give you license to use it. Which I do!

Use it in good health! :)


It is still plagiarism. :shameonyou:

He'll have to cum up with his own witticism.



Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Mar 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,985
Location: Southeast U.S.A.

12 Apr 2012, 2:09 pm

And trolling is still trolling......



ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Mar 2012
Age: 115
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,800

12 Apr 2012, 3:18 pm

Raptor wrote:
And trolling is still trolling......


Thank you, Mr. Vice Troll. :thumleft:



lapinmort
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

User avatar

Joined: 10 Apr 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 28

12 Apr 2012, 3:57 pm

Billybones wrote:
Geez. I'm been aware of the Viktor Bout case. It does seem like kind of a reach, another case in which the long arm of American law pursues someone who never set foot in the United States. My understanding is that Mr. Bout is facing a life sentence in the U.S. because he supplied arms to the Colombian FARC, which has been listed as a "terrorist" organization by the U.S. State Department. It isn't the first time, & surely won't be the last, in which the U.S. arrogantly imposes the principle of extraterritoriality - the notion that its laws apply anywhere in the world where the U.S. presumes to have an interest. It has similarities to an even more outrageous case: Marc Emery, a Canadian citizen & Marijuana Party activist who was extradited to the U.S. and sentenced to 5 years in prison for violating U.S. drug laws, even though he never set foot in the U.S. & never was charged with a crime in Canada.

If anyone is interested, check this link - Free Marc Emery.

That said, it's a bit of a stretch to use the Bout case to feed the meme that Obama is hostile to gun rights. Since taking office, he has done NOTHING to impinge on the rights of gun owners, yet all we ever hear is "Obama's gonna take away our guns, gonna take away our freedom" blah, blah. Even crazier, we see this run on ammunition as people stock up out of fear that the government is going to come & confiscate everyone's weaponry. If you don't have facts on your side, just make stuff up & people who are so inclined will believe anything. Yes, America's gun culture has become completely unhinged.


You should note that Americans are probably the best protected people on this planet. I recall when I grew up in a third world country, some burglar killed an American citizen who was working there. The US government did not let up until the perp was caught, convicted and locked up.
I am not familiar with the case, but if the activities of that Emery fellow did hurt one or more American citizens, whether it is within the US borders or outside, he had it coming.