Blue Jay

28 Apr 2012, 3:40 am

Yes, generalized and social :x

slave
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2012, 2:19 pm

BellevilleAspie wrote:
Yep, since 2008. It was discovered during a rather traumatic event(s) in my life during that time, which I do not wish to go into deal here. But it was basically confirmation as I've always had some symptoms of the disorder since adolescence.

awesome icon btw!! !
:)

GentleMayden
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Apr 2012, 6:05 pm

:? I have GAD, Social Phobia, Dysthymia (also known as chronic depression), diabetes (Type II), Panic attacks & Avoidance personality disorder with a hint of dependent personality as well. lol. I'm disabled because of it all & find it extremely hard to make friends, find love, or just be comfortable in a room with more than one or two people. I hate this about myself but can't seem to find anything that helps.

CloudLayer
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Apr 2012, 9:03 pm

My general anxiety started two years ago as a side effect of a medicine I took.
I am experiencing the most severe panic symptoms now, all the time, without end.
When a large part of it is situational what are you supposed to do?
I can't take this, it's absolute torture.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2012, 1:22 pm

CloudLayer wrote:
My general anxiety started two years ago as a side effect of a medicine I took.
I am experiencing the most severe panic symptoms now, all the time, without end.
When a large part of it is situational what are you supposed to do?
I can't take this, it's absolute torture.

What does your Psychiatrist recommend?

kirayng
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2012, 1:37 pm

Just to chime in, ADHD, GAD, and PTSD are my letters.

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2012, 4:20 pm

Yes, I've been diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder. I also have depression and social anxiety disorder.

Kozmo
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 May 2012, 2:11 am

Been through the DSM Alphabet Soup before figuring out I likely had HFA last fall & Complex PTSD last month. Had three assessments by different quacks in the last year & a half and they're different. Claim that I'm psychotic, hypomanic & depressed all at the same time and have no official ASD for immunity.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

11 May 2012, 5:12 pm

I'm not sure if I was officially diagnosed with GAD but I have lots of anxiety issues including OCD & panic disorder. I tried a couple benzodiazepine, a few antidepressants, anti-psychotics & other psych meds for different things & they never really helped my anxiety unless they made me mroe zoned-out, sleepy & tired. I started taking Buspar like 6/8 months ago after having a bad panic attack from worrying about a relationship & Buspar is helping aLOT.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

ghoti
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2012, 7:10 pm

FroggySmiles wrote:
I have GAD along with depression. It was a twofer. :D

Same here, plus panic attacks and apparently HFA :cyclopsani:

drgoodietwoshoes
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 May 2012, 10:11 pm

Yep. I was diagnosed with GAD in 2004. Now (after frequently causing "drama" at work without know why) I suspect my GAD is actually related to AS. My next appt with my psychiatrist, which is for a med check, isn't for another 3 weeks and I guess I'm going to ask him to consider the possibility that my GAD is a result of me having AS. I don't actually want an official diagnosis of AS, but I would feel better if my psychiatrist unofficially agreed with me. . .I would feel validated. . .and them maybe we can start focusing on lower my anxiety by finally locating the cause, as opposed to just medicating it into submission. . .(which isn't completely effective anyway)

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

21 Sep 2012, 8:39 am

I am having difficulty dealing with certain aspects of my job---to the point where it is beginning to take a toll on my health. I have been researching and thinking that I probably have GAD as a co-morbid to my Asperger's. I researched and found that it is common for us with autism to have anxiety disorders (which I'm sure most of us already knew). I am thinking I am going to have to seek professional attention for this. I lack a routine in my job now that I used to have before---and it is tearing me up. I feel like I want to bury myself under a mountain of blankets and sleep until whenever. As soon as I enter the building where I work, I feel the anxiety begin. Every time the phone rings or a new email message pops up at work, I feel like it is going to be something horrible. The administration has dumped two new programs on me that I am supposed to learn and implement ASAP, but I had the anxiety issue long before that. I just wanted to add my name to the others on this thread. Thanks for listening.

slovaksiren
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2012, 9:32 pm

Yes, I have GAD. It runs in my mother's side of the family. I almost thought that I would end up like my grandmother who was unable to drive her whole life it was so bad, but I managed to pull through and get my driver's license which I am quite happy about.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

25 Sep 2012, 10:31 pm

While I can't say this with certainty, I think given how I worry quite a bit much, they answer would be yes. But I can't prove it yet.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2012, 2:26 am

Sagroth wrote:
I had the GAD diagnosis even before the Aspie one. I've also apparently got PTSD as well.

I had PTSD too (I still have some symptoms) and I also fullfilled in this time the diagnostic criterias for nearly every other anxiety disorder out there and I was suspected in this time for a whole bunch of disorders, but those anxiety symptoms mostly went away when the PTSD got better, so I don't think it was GAD or any other disorder in my case, just PTSD.
And of course being a bit more anxious, propably typical for autistics and this can push you right over the edge for a whole bunch of other diagnostic criterias having PTSD in addition.

holdonyoungster
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Oct 2012, 6:50 pm

I just found out that I'm diagnosed with GAD when I was going over the forms I had to sign for some uni services things. Nobody ever bothered to let me know about this! It does explain a fair bit however.