Anyone else living with chronic pain?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Kareninovna
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Apr 2012, 11:01 pm

I have a condition, SAPHO syndrome, that basically inflames my right clavicle to twice its size and gives me unpredictable bouts of pain. : | It's not the worst condition out there, but it sure makes life uncomfortable. I might be going into physical therapy soon to do something about it, though there's no actual cure for it, so.

Do any of you folks live with chronic, intermittent pain? How do you cope with it?

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2012, 11:04 pm

I don't have chronic pain as a condition, but my Cerebral Palsy means I have to deal with pain for every activity I do.

rainbowsmiler
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Apr 2012, 11:21 pm

Hi I too suffer from chronic pain and fatigue. They say I have neuro function disorder. I am on two different very strong pain killers. But dosn't take away all the pain. I go to a pain managment nurse to help me live with the pain. And also physiotherapy. They teach me small streching exercises and movement exercises which does help a little.
I find because I dont moan about it all the time that the people and family forget just how much pain I am in and how tiring it is. Do you find you can identify with anything I have said? I am sorry that you are in so much pain. I hope therapy helps. I think it would help if we supported one another. X

I am ME! and not what others want me to be.

questor
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2012, 11:34 pm

Bad knees and back. Tried shots for my knees, but they didn't help, so gave that up. Tried prescription strength Ibuprofen. It helped some, but the doctor's office was lousy about faxing renewals to the pharmacy. I kept running out, and using generic enteric coated aspirin as a backup, taking one 325mg tablet with every meal. I discovered that the enteric aspirin was less upsetting to my tummy, but worked about the same as the prescription Ibuprofen, so I switched. The generic aspirin is cheap and readily available without waiting for the doctor's office to fax an okay to the pharmacist. I also take supplements with glucosamine/chondroitin/hyluronic acid/MSM in them for my joints and back. Those help some, too, although I need a large dose to get the best effects from them.

I had considered knee replacement surgery, but recently found out that there is a significant risk of stroke or heart attack from blood clots from that type of surgery, so I put that idea on the back burner. I've heard about hyluronic injections into the knees, so I may look into that next. I tried capsaicin cream on my knees once. It didn't help at all, and burned my skin, so I had to wash it off. I am sensitive to the active ingredient.

I hope you get some help with your own problems. Enjoy WP. I do! :D

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2012, 11:53 pm

my SI joint is shot, it is achy and sore and it cracks and pops all the time. if i don't watch my posture it lets me know in an instant. the movements involved in using a nordic track machine as well as swimming the crawlstroke in the pool likely aggravated my condition. i have to take diclofen twice a day just to be able to move. my hips and knees also let me know they are high-mileage at this point. too bad i can't just go to the body shop and get replacement parts. :hmph:

AldousH
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Apr 2012, 2:45 am

No, but I treat myself for it.

Psygirl6
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Apr 2012, 6:18 pm

I am living with chronic pain. I am diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. I am on Sevella for it. it helps somewhat but, I am figuring that because I also have Asperger's, the pain is a lot worse for me. I think seeing a Rhuematologist will help. I see one.
I wish you get better soon.