Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

alexsting
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Apr 2012, 1:13 am

doe's anyone get sick of adults making the laws for us and then saying that they know what's best.

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2012, 2:31 am

Sorry to have to burst your bubble but due to a lack of maturity and experience children are kept on a more restrictive set of rules than adults.

For example unless you are 21 in the UK you are not allowed to drive HGVs, unless you are 18 you are not allowed to buy alcohol in the UK and unless you are 16 you are not allowed to have sex in the UK.

While a 15 year old might want to drive a 38 ton truck, have sex and drink a beer in a pub these things are not allowed becuase the typical 15 year old does not have the physical or mental maturity to cope with these things.

On the other hand a lot of laws which adults make for you kids are designed to protect you, for example unless you are 18 you can not work as a demolition worker. While you might not yet see the reason for this yet it is for your own good. It protects a youngster from being exploited by some wicked evil boss who wants to get children to do dangerous work which they do not know how to do in a safe manner. In the UK we have labour law which stops me sending children down coal mines or up the chimney, you should be thankful for these laws !

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

alexsting
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Apr 2012, 10:01 am

what about how long school days should be they want to make it two hours longer and we get no choice.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

06 Apr 2012, 1:58 pm

alexsting wrote:
what about how long school days should be they want to make it two hours longer and we get no choice.

That's to get you used to working long days when you grow up. Most adults these days work an average of 8 hours a day. I go to school for about eight hours, and most elementary-aged kids go to school about five hours.

And you have no choice because that's just the way it is. This is what life will be like when you get older, but it will be way harder to deal with.

Hope this helps you understand.

Alexender
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2012, 2:02 pm

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
That's to get you used to working long days when you grow up. Most adults these days work an average of 8 hours a day. I go to school for about eight hours, and most elementary-aged kids go to school about five hours.

Really? In elementary I was there for about 7 hours. Now that includes lunch and one or 2 recesses.

All adults have been children before, that I know of.

alexsting
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Apr 2012, 2:39 am

so why are't we entitled to an choice. it doesn't effect them any more. so why are they making the decision for us.

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2012, 12:07 pm

alexsting wrote:
so why are't we entitled to an choice. it doesn't effect them any more. so why are they making the decision for us.

Lack of experience.
Just wait until you're older. That's what I'm doing.

Alexender
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2012, 12:26 pm

jmnixon95 wrote:
alexsting wrote:

Lack of experience.
Just wait until you're older. That's what I'm doing.

Don't wait until your older. As if experience actually had some correlation with increased wisdom; as if most of the stupidity in the world were not propounded by adults. You should try to get started on what you plan to do in life as soon as possible, Warren Buffet wishes he had started investing sooner. Age only stops people when it comes to a law (have to be 16 to drive usually in the US) otherwise people are just giving themselves reasons why they can't do things.

Let's take your idea of that you do not want longer school days. Why do you not want them? so you can do something productive? or will you just be on the internet or playing videogames. I am not trying to sound condescending with that, those are just a few questions that would be asked. Then you would have to give valid reasons of why a longer school day would not be beneficial to you later in life. Adults just want to try to help give you the skills that will help you be a productive member of society (well, as long as you know your place haha).

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

11 Apr 2012, 5:47 pm

alexsting wrote:

It's for your own benefit. You'll realize this when you get to high school.