Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Mar 2011
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,593
Location: North Carolina The Tar Heel State :)

07 Apr 2012, 1:20 am

IdahoRose wrote:
Joker wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:
What's Splice like? I kinda want to see that one.


The story concerns experiments in genetic engineering being done by a young scientist couple who attempt to introduce human DNA into their work of splicing animal genes

But be warn their is a rape scene in the film that made me very upset I hate people that commit such crimes.


Hmm sounds interesting. As awful as this sounds, I'm completely desensitized to violence in the media, even rape scenes. There were several rape scenes in one of my favorite movies, The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo, but I didn't even bat an eyelash. I'm just glad that I didn't wind up watching it with my parents like I was originally planning on doing.


I couldn't watch The Girl with The Dragaon Tattoo, with my mother it would just be rather unpleasant.

The movie that really upset me the most in a emotial since was The Wicker Man or Drive Angry.



crmoore
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 May 2011
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 612
Location: Scottsdale, AZ

07 Apr 2012, 11:07 am

My top 10 creature features (as usual, no particular order):
- King Kong '33
- Gojira
- Alien
- The Blob '58
- The Thing '51
- King Kong '05
- Cloverfield
- Aliens
- Gremlins
- Monsters vs. Aliens (I know it technically doesn't count, but it satirizes the old 50's creature features)



LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Dec 2011
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,352
Location: In my room, where it's safe

07 Apr 2012, 11:21 am

crmoore wrote:
My top 10 creature features (as usual, no particular order):
- King Kong '33
- Gojira
- Alien
- The Blob '58
- The Thing '51
- King Kong '05
- Cloverfield
- Aliens
- Gremlins
- Monsters vs. Aliens (I know it technically doesn't count, but it satirizes the old 50's creature features)


Oh, yeah, I'd forgotten about Gremlins! I liked that one, too - Gizmo is so cute. :3

I liked Monsters VS. Aliens, too -that one was funny. :D


_________________
I wish Sterling Holloway narrated my life.

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes


Joker
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Mar 2011
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,593
Location: North Carolina The Tar Heel State :)

07 Apr 2012, 2:09 pm

How could I have forgotten about the Blob one of my favorite films like ever.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,563
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

09 Apr 2012, 7:05 pm

The Alien movies.

The Thing (Carpenter remake)

Godzilla (I grew up with Godzilla!)

Dagon

I'm certain there are others.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer



Joker
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Mar 2011
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,593
Location: North Carolina The Tar Heel State :)

09 Apr 2012, 7:14 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
The Alien movies.

The Thing (Carpenter remake)

Godzilla (I grew up with Godzilla!)

Dagon

I'm certain there are others.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


I have not seen Dagon but I will look it up.



Jory
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 2 Jun 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,518
Location: Tornado Alley

09 Apr 2012, 7:18 pm

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Mar 2011
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,593
Location: North Carolina The Tar Heel State :)

09 Apr 2012, 7:28 pm

Boggy Creek: The Legend is True (2011)

This film's story is unrelated to the others in the franchise, shifting from Arkansas to Texas. It deals with a bigfoot-like creature attacking a group of teenagers that are vacationing in the fictional area of Boggy Creek, Texas. The film was written and directed by Brian T. Jaynes. It was filmed in 2010 and released straight to DVD on September 13, 2011



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,563
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

09 Apr 2012, 7:35 pm

Joker wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
The Alien movies.

The Thing (Carpenter remake)

Godzilla (I grew up with Godzilla!)

Dagon

I'm certain there are others.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


I have not seen Dagon but I will look it up.


Dagon is the name of an H.P. Lovecraft story, but the movie of the same name has much more to do with Lovecraft's The Shadow Over Innsmouth.

-Bill, otherwise known as Lovecraft.



Joker
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Mar 2011
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,593
Location: North Carolina The Tar Heel State :)

09 Apr 2012, 7:46 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Joker wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
The Alien movies.

The Thing (Carpenter remake)

Godzilla (I grew up with Godzilla!)

Dagon

I'm certain there are others.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


I have not seen Dagon but I will look it up.


Dagon is the name of an H.P. Lovecraft story, but the movie of the same name has much more to do with Lovecraft's The Shadow Over Innsmouth.

-Bill, otherwise known as Lovecraft.


Now I really wana see this movie.



AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 23 Nov 2006
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 54,815
Location: Portland, Oregon

09 Apr 2012, 8:51 pm

King Kong 2005

Cloverfield

Monsters VS Aliens

Super 8

ET: The Extra Terrestrial


_________________
Silly NTs, I have Aspergers, and having Aspergers is gr-r-reat!


Joker
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Mar 2011
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,593
Location: North Carolina The Tar Heel State :)

09 Apr 2012, 10:15 pm

Hmm I wana see Super 8 Cloverfeild gave me a headache with all the camera angles and junk.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,563
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

09 Apr 2012, 10:28 pm

Joker wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Joker wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
The Alien movies.

The Thing (Carpenter remake)

Godzilla (I grew up with Godzilla!)

Dagon

I'm certain there are others.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


I have not seen Dagon but I will look it up.


Dagon is the name of an H.P. Lovecraft story, but the movie of the same name has much more to do with Lovecraft's The Shadow Over Innsmouth.

-Bill, otherwise known as Lovecraft.


Now I really wana see this movie.


Pretty decent adaption, except that the location is moved from New England to an island off the coast of Spain.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer



Joker
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Mar 2011
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,593
Location: North Carolina The Tar Heel State :)

09 Apr 2012, 11:28 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Joker wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Joker wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
The Alien movies.

The Thing (Carpenter remake)

Godzilla (I grew up with Godzilla!)

Dagon

I'm certain there are others.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


I have not seen Dagon but I will look it up.


Dagon is the name of an H.P. Lovecraft story, but the movie of the same name has much more to do with Lovecraft's The Shadow Over Innsmouth.

-Bill, otherwise known as Lovecraft.


Now I really wana see this movie.


Pretty decent adaption, except that the location is moved from New England to an island off the coast of Spain.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


I would so love to vistit Spain and I valuie your opinon I will try to see this movie.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,563
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

10 Apr 2012, 12:04 am

Joker wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Joker wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Joker wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
The Alien movies.

The Thing (Carpenter remake)

Godzilla (I grew up with Godzilla!)

Dagon

I'm certain there are others.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


I have not seen Dagon but I will look it up.


Dagon is the name of an H.P. Lovecraft story, but the movie of the same name has much more to do with Lovecraft's The Shadow Over Innsmouth.

-Bill, otherwise known as Lovecraft.


Now I really wana see this movie.


Pretty decent adaption, except that the location is moved from New England to an island off the coast of Spain.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


I would so love to vistit Spain and I valuie your opinon I will try to see this movie.


Why, I'm honored! 8)

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer