Page 10 of 12 [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 4:33 pm

Joker wrote:
I think Ireland will be one when they are given the right to be unified from the UK.

Who is stopping the Irish people from uniting into one country? Irishmen and women.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 4:37 pm

Tequila wrote:
Joker wrote:
I think Ireland will be one when they are given the right to be unified from the UK.

Who is stopping the Irish people from uniting into one country? Irishmen and women.

That is because they have been so blindly infulenced by the UK and it sad that so many Irishmen and Irishwomen support the UK instead of being a country of their own.

The English colonised Ireland in the 12th century and for almost 800 years oppressed the indigenous people through force, England having a much larger army and greater military resources. They tried to eradicate the religion, language, culture and traditions of the Irish and many historians would say even the Irish people themselves.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 4:49 pm

Joker wrote:
That is because they have been so blindly infulenced by the UK

Do you know about the Plantation of Ulster?

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 5:03 pm

Tequila wrote:
Joker wrote:
That is because they have been so blindly infulenced by the UK

Do you know about the Plantation of Ulster?

Oh yes I do.

A bitter civil war ensued between pro- and anti-treaty forces. The pro-treay side had the backing of the new government of the Republic of Ireland and it's army and eventually won the war. However, the strong anti-treaty feelings did not go away and remain to this day.

Because of the plantation of Ulster, the population of Northern Ireland was made up of a majority of protestant people of british descent who were loyal to the british crown and inhabited lands stolen from the native population in the preceeding hundreds of years. However a large indigenous Irish population who refused to be driven out of their ancestral home remained in Northern Ireland.

I am not upset with the british more like I am upset with my own kind because they do not want to live in a free Ireland.

AstroGeek
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 5:04 pm

Tequila wrote:
Mummy_of_Peanut wrote:
Whether you like it or not, Wales is part of the UK, so Welsh people are British. I'm Scottish, so also British. How do you see us? We have an even more tenuous relationship with the rest of the UK. We have our own parliament (Wales has an assembly with less authority) and we're even getting a referendum to decide whether we want to remain as part of the UK. But, we like the Welsh are definitely British.

As are the Northern Irish (although that's been violently controversial). British territory includes three Crown dependencies and fourteen overseas territories, all of which are happy remaining British.

I thought Turks and Caicos wanted to become part of Canada at one point, didn't they? Never happened, of course.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 8:05 pm

Joker wrote:
I do not view the Welsh as british but I can see how people see it that way.

The Welsh were the British, if you go back far enough. :P

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 8:07 pm

puddingmouse wrote:
Joker wrote:
I do not view the Welsh as british but I can see how people see it that way.

The Welsh are the British, if you go back far enough. :P

True but the Welsh where also viewed as subhuman by the British just like the Scottish and Irish where if you go back far enough as well.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2012, 2:27 am

Joker wrote:
True but the Welsh where also viewed as subhuman by the British just like the Scottish and Irish where if you go back far enough as well.

They were never viewed as subhuman. Even the Irish were never viewed as subhuman.

The very people you mean to 'defend' would be the ones most annoyed by your statements. In general, the peoples of the UK get on well with each other and there is no bad feelings apart from amongst a fringe hateful element with a chip on their shoulders. (The Scottish and the Welsh can be the worst for this more than the English I find.)

ZX_SpectrumDisorder
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2012, 6:08 am

Tequila wrote:
Even the Irish.

I can appreciate you're probably on the wind-up, but..

oh man, it's ingrained on the British psyche. You lot see yourself as conquerors of the world and still do, even now while you are being overtaken by immigration.
Anyone not British was and still is viewed as 'less than' and to be exploited.
I don't expect you to understand Tequila, you're a Brit after all. We're all 'Natives' to your lot. Even the British soldiers over here carry the same attitude. Clearly demonstrated by over three decades of military whitewashes and cover ups.
It's part of the reason the British are disliked the world over, that and for your imperialist antics of the past. Brits are the biggest cowards on the face of the Earth. You take a superior attitude towards every other country, but currently take it vigourously up the ass from America.

Declension
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2012, 6:24 am

ZX_SpectrumDisorder wrote:
currently take it vigourously up the ass from America

I have a dream that America is going to declare war on Iran this year, and Australia, the UK and Canada are going to grow some balls and not go along with it.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2012, 6:47 am

Declension wrote:
currently take it vigourously up the ass from America

I have a dream that America is going to declare war on Iran this year, and Australia, the UK and Canada are going to grow some balls and not go along with it.

The U.S. is not going to declare war on Iran this year. We will have to wait for a change of administration. Of course, if the U.S. is attacked (again) all bets are off. Even Saul Alinsky's love child Barak Obama will go to war if the U.S. is attacked.

ruveyn

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2012, 7:04 am

I can appreciate you're probably on the wind-up, but..

Could you tell? :)

Quote:
oh man, it's ingrained on the British psyche.

Your opinions of the British are about a hundred years or more out of date.

To be honest, after the loss of Empire, the UK really doesn't know what to do with itself or where the position is.

Quote:
You lot see yourself as conquerors of the world and still do,

And Irishmen and women had no part in that whatsoever did they? No siree.

Quote:
even now while you are being overtaken by immigration.

You lot in Norn Iron have all the fun and games to come. And our Northern Irish experience in England is only just beginning. Sectarian ghettoisation - what fun!

Also, we in England are pretty tolerant but when ever we mention our fears and concerns, we're automatically smeared. So debate is completely silenced and people no longer vote, or vote for UKIP like I do.

Quote:
Anyone not British was and still is viewed as 'less than' and to be exploited.

When did you last visit Britain? We're one of the most tolerant countries in the world. Far, far too much so in my opinion in that we tolerate nonsense from our immigrant communities that no sane nation would.

It sounds like you still have your own grievances against the British to work out. Still bitter about your irredentist claim on part of the UK failing?

Quote:
I don't expect you to understand Tequila, you're a Brit after all. We're all 'Natives' to your lot.

No, you're just Irish to us. Some of us recognise and support Northern Ireland's continued British status, but not all of us. You're living in a timewarp.

Quote:
Even the British soldiers over here carry the same attitude. Clearly demonstrated by over three decades of military whitewashes and cover ups.

Can you name them? Bloody Sunday is one of them. Can you name more? And what, also, about the PIRA activities of the same period? Regardless of the errors and the deaths the British Army and others made in Northern Ireland during The Troubles (an awful time for everyone concerned, and I really hope things move forward there), at least they didn't deliberately set out to murder innocent people like the vermin on the other side.

Quote:
It's part of the reason the British are disliked the world over, that and for your imperialist antics of the past.

Disliked the world over?! Dearie me. I have only been insulted for being British three times. Once by a Cypriot (completely uncalled for), another time by a Spaniard (still bitter over Gibraltar - 300 years later, what a grievance!) and other time by an Argentine. I ignored them all.

Last edited by Tequila on 14 Apr 2012, 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2012, 7:08 am

And as for the relationship with the U.S. - I agree, we need to stop being so submissive to the U.S. Government and set our own independent foreign policy, outside of the EU.

ZX_SpectrumDisorder
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2012, 9:18 am

Bloody Sunday was enough, don't you think? Armed forces under the orders of the British government shoot 26 unarmed civilians at a civil rights march, then spend the next 30+ years lying about it? I think that's plenty. There are countless other incidents involving the British army's use of plastic bullets resulting in the deaths of men, women and quite a few children, and the penalities for such behaviour suffered by the soldiers in question were often token gestures and completely insufficent for their careless actions or the lives they destroyed. There have been countless cases of Mi5/RUC and Loyalist paramilitary collusion, evidence lost, witnesses murdered. You get the picture. In addition to that we have joyriders shot dead by British soldiers, then fitted up to look like IRA volunteers etc etc
You can bring up Manchester or Brighton bombings or whatever you like, you reap what you sow, but they aren't the same and you know it. I only wish they'd killed Thatcher. The c**t.
You're a country of bullys, it's in your history. Deal with it, and I hope to see the day when you get your comeuppance.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2012, 10:23 am

Bloody Sunday was enough, don't you think? Armed forces under the orders of the British government shoot 26 unarmed civilians at a civil rights march, then spend the next 30+ years lying about it? I think that's plenty. There are countless other incidents involving the British army's use of plastic bullets resulting in the deaths of men, women and quite a few children, and the penalities for such behaviour suffered by the soldiers in question were often token gestures and completely insufficent for their careless actions or the lives they destroyed. There have been countless cases of Mi5/RUC and Loyalist paramilitary collusion, evidence lost, witnesses murdered. You get the picture. In addition to that we have joyriders shot dead by British soldiers, then fitted up to look like IRA volunteers etc etc
You can bring up Manchester or Brighton bombings or whatever you like, you reap what you sow, but they aren't the same and you know it. I only wish they'd killed Thatcher. The c**t.
You're a country of bullys, it's in your history. Deal with it, and I hope to see the day when you get your comeuppance.

There's no answer to this.

I see you still have a veritable stock of lemons. ;)

ZX_SpectrumDisorder
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2012, 10:42 am

ahaha wot wot