Page 6 of 7 [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2012, 3:41 pm

Or maybe superhumans do not like going around and proving to the world that they are superhumans. What do you want them to do? Jump off of a cliff and fly through the air?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2012, 3:43 pm

androbot2084 wrote:
Or maybe superhumans do not like going around and proving to the world that they are superhumans. What do you want them to do? Jump off of a cliff and fly through the air?

Well super humans have super abilities right? The only point I was trying to make is its rather distasteful to act like you're superior to people that don't have AS.

TheSunAlsoRises
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2012, 4:27 pm

androbot2084 wrote:

Quote:
If the only type of autism that exists is classic low functioning autism then that implies that the super human does not exist. Indeed if the super human were to appear before us would we not be so ashamed that we would consider the super human to be mentally ill? For indeed the intelligence of the super human would make us look like fools. So would we not try top find fault with the super human and mock it?

IF the only type of autism THAT existed was classic low functioning autism; in all likelihood, there would NOT be a neuro-diversity movement in Autism, point blank.

Super-human( being superior in ALL traits found in homo-sapiens yet of the same species) is quite different from someone who might have 'a' superior trait or 'several' superior traits' as compared to an average human. In other words, IF you are unable to do, most of the things(really all) THAT the average human is able to do(on a superior level), the title of super-human will probably allude you.

TheSunAlsoRises

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2012, 4:52 pm

That is not true. Could not one consider that humans are inferior to gorillas because humans lack the physical strength and durability.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2012, 4:53 pm

androbot2084 wrote:
That is not true. Could not one consider that humans are inferior to gorillas because humans lack the physical strength and durability.

Maybe inferior when it comes to physical strength.

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2012, 4:58 pm

But not really. If a human wanted to he could gun down a gorilla.

TheSunAlsoRises
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2012, 5:09 pm

You just crossed species, humans to gorillas, so that might not be a good comparison.

If you are going to bring in a gun for a human to exercise 'strength' over a gorilla than you may as well put a human in a super sonic jet and claim him/her as the fastest flying species in the world.

TheSunAlsoRises

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2012, 5:55 pm

the word "orangatang" is an ancient word meaning "little man of the forest".so the human-ape corilation pre dates even darwin.

Photoguruchris
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 May 2012, 2:25 pm

What I am talking about is a viable, realistic movement. One where everyone with a disability comes together to celebrate differences. It's about humanizing anyone with a disability and making the norm to look at whats similar instead of whats different in a human being.

I have PDD and have been through hell and back with the special education system and I know many of you have been too. I'm not talking about holding a banner because I am mad. I'm talking about coming together at nation wide organized rallies and then taking action by getting bills passed in congress, getting people with disabilities on tv and in movies and doing something HUGE to change the lives of many and the national view on the disabled.

I'm tired of being ashamed of who I am and I am tired of hating myself because I'm different. We need to change the future and together we can. It's not about just getting angry and holding a sign, it's about getting angry, holding a sign, and doing something about it after.

I personally have a voice in my community as a volunteer photojournalist with a few published articles and I have a meeting with a U.S. State Representative next week. I am going to work on creating and putting bills through congress to change the special education system. I have no organization backing me but the passion that drives me. Imagine if everyone on here started doing things like this? We could change things completely within a year for our people.

Lastly I know your pain. I know how much it hurts for everyone of you to go through life not feeling like you are a human being. I know the feeling of not feeling like you belong in society. It hurts and it sucks and sometimes it can seem unbearable but do not be afraid because you are not alone. I go through much of what you go through every day. Lets unite and make a difference, lets come together and lets take a stand. You can't change the past its gone and its nothing but a memory in your mind. You can make the future however and if we stand here together and unite against the oppression of society then we can change the world for future generations.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2012, 2:32 pm

I strongly support the autism civil right movement.

Rainy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 May 2012, 9:02 am

...You people are crazy.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2012, 9:39 am

Rainy wrote:
...You people are crazy.

In my case....tell me something I don't know :lol: but I can't speak for everyone else because some of the others might be sane.

Sparkstorm
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 May 2012, 11:44 am

TheSunAlsoRises wrote:
You just crossed species, humans to gorillas, so that might not be a good comparison.

If you are going to bring in a gun for a human to exercise 'strength' over a gorilla than you may as well put a human in a super sonic jet and claim him/her as the fastest flying species in the world.

TheSunAlsoRises

I love that comparison!

On a topic unrelated to that comparison but entirely related to this thread, I think you could be on to something with the neurodiversity thing. We need to make ourselves better heard, though, maybe get a representative in a good position to start something. I don't know. It's a good idea, but I think it's a way in the future.

Photoguruchris
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 May 2012, 3:43 pm

The neurodiversity thing is HUGE, were in the same boat as others with disabilites. We as autistics play sports with people that have other disabilities via special olympics/ other programs, a lot of times were in the same special education programs, and we get discriminated against because were different just like they do. Why can't we work together on issues that plague all people with disabilities?

I'm working on putting together a committee in my area (Northeast Minnesota). I have some pretty inspiring individuals that want to help, I have 62 newspapers at my finger tips and I'm a published photojournalist, I'm in contact with the head of special education for the state of Minnesota, and I have some political allies now via congressmen, senators, state reps, I'm in contact with several national and a international disability advocacy group, and I have some federal leverage through people in Washington. Once I get things lined up everything is going to explode and take off like crazy. If your willing to help out with this and organize a movement in your area let me know so I can get you plugged in, get you in contact the politicians from your state, and help you put together a committee. Together the ants will conquor the elephant, let's get free and bring equality to our people!! !