Page 4 of 7 [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 11:41 am

Neurotypicals love to say that autism is mental disorder .

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 11:46 am

androbot2084 wrote:
Neurotypicals love to say that autism is mental disorder .

maybe that is because it is a mental disorder, hence the reason some of us on the spectrum it actually does cause some difficulties, as much as you'd like to deny it.

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 12:01 pm

Neurotypicals love to tell me that I am in denial. Yesterday a neurotypical boss slammed me because I forgot my name.

TheSunAlsoRises
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 12:02 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
TheSunAlsoRises wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
TheSunAlsoRises wrote:
sweetleaf wrote:
Quote:
you mean eliminating the brain wiring and replacing it with neurotypical brain functioning is what it seems.

I mean, giving non -autistics the same choice as autistics as defined by dalurker, FIRST.

There are similar situations within the spectrum of non-autists THAT science can experiment with, FIRST.

TheSunAlsoRises

So you want everyone to have their brains made to be exactly the same so they will all be capable of the exact same things and good at the exact same things? Also I think they might have a hard time finding people to volunteer for having such tampering done with their brains, especially when they cannot even isolate anything specific in the brain that causes certain traits.......typically a combination of various biological factors cause mental disorders such as autism, so if they can't even find out the exact cause of that.....how are they going to find out the specific things that causes people to have different skills & abilities or whatever? I mean they are no where near ready to start experimenting on live humans with this.

Nope. I want people to have choices. However, I propose hypothetically THAT 'any re-wiring of the brain" can be researched and performed on those (who may want it done) on the non-autistic spectrum, FIRST.

In addition:

TheSunAlsoRises:
Quote:
What I'm saying IS, Dalurker's point is mute. The research is not there.

The point of my post was to imply what must be in place at this very moment in order to begin to even consider dealing with the 'brain wiring' of the Autist.

Your last sentence, is basically what i am trying to convey.

TheSunAlsoRises

Alright though I disagree with the idea of everyones brain being made to function the same, so I am not exactly dissapointed technology is not that advanced.

I enjoy uniqueness and individuality, too. Hopefully, IF this type of technology ever exists, it will be used responsibly.

TheSunAlsoRises

Last edited by TheSunAlsoRises on 20 Apr 2012, 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 12:06 pm

androbot2084 wrote:
Neurotypicals love to tell me that I am in denial. Yesterday a neurotypical boss slammed me because I forgot my name.

Ok first of I'm not neurotypical but some how I feel like you are trying to suggest I am I mean I am sure you don't like your feelings and experiences dis-validated, well neither do other aspies like me and I doubt neurotypical people like it either....and secondly I am saying you are denying some of us on the spectrum have impairments, if you don't great, but speak for yourself.

Why try and create division based on neurological functioning or whatever? what problems is that going to solve?

TheSunAlsoRises
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 12:08 pm

androbot2084 wrote:

Are you sure THAT your boss is neuro-typical ? LoL. Trust me when i say this, autists are every where.........

TheSunAlsoRises

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 12:18 pm

I am not saying that you are neurotypical. Psychiatric technicians used to tell me that I was in denial about my mental illness yet they were not smart enough to diagnose me.

Yesterday when I failed to recall my name it was because I was thinking of profound meanings for my name. This caused my brain to jump from an automatic mode to a manual conscious mode of contemplation.. Yet the neurotypical must of thought that I had Atziemers disease or something.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 12:24 pm

androbot2084 wrote:
I am not saying that you are neurotypical. Psychiatric technicians used to tell me that I was in denial about my mental illness yet they were not smart enough to diagnose me.

Yesterday when I failed to recall my name it was because I was thinking of profound meanings for my name. This caused my brain to jump from an automatic mode to a manual conscious mode of contemplation.. Yet the neurotypical must of thought that I had Atziemers disease or something.

So all neurotypicals love to say specifically to you 'you're in denial about your mental illness.' because a few psychiatric technicians you probably cannot even prove where neurotypical said that? That is quite the generalization to make. Also why must the neurotypical have thought you had Atziemers disease? Is that what you would think if that happened to someone else when you where talking to them?

TheSunAlsoRises
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 12:29 pm

androbot2084 wrote:

Often-times, it's a tradeoff. Forgetting your name does NOT negate the fact THAT you can probably do some amazing things. Listen, there are people out here THAT do NOT even know their name who can do some extraordinary things.

The conventional wisdom in research when unique abilities are found in a person with disabilities IS: IF that person has disabilities and posses THAT particular skill set imagine what it would be like IF i had their abilities because i have no disabilities.

Even acquiring something through trauma or illness, is going to leave some identifying mark, all we're haggling over is degree of severity and importance of the skill set/trait lost.

Thin line. The same line THAT is said to exist between genius and insanity also shares occupancy with profound disability and profound ability.~TheSunAlsoRises

TheSunAlsoRises

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 1:35 pm

Acknowledging that Einstein had autism and accomplished great things in spite of his autism ignores this fact. Einstein found genius through autism.

TheSunAlsoRises
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 1:47 pm

androbot2084 wrote:
Acknowledging that Einstein had autism and accomplished great things in spite of his autism ignores this fact. Einstein found genius through autism.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR8D2yqgQ1U[/youtube]

TheSunAlsoRises

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 1:50 pm

androbot2084 wrote:

I think there is some truth to both sides.....on one hand he accomplished great things in spite of his difficulties related to autism, on the other hand the way his brain was wired could have very well contributed to his genius abilities.

I actually have an odd theory, sometimes people have an extra well developed talent or skill, but they might be lacking in other areas due to the fact the human brain in general can only do so much at once. So while einstein had a genius mind, he struggled with things such as tying his shoes and such.

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 2:15 pm

Of course. Trying to invent a time machine would take an enormous amount of brain power. So why bother with tying your shoes when you are on the verge of a great discovery?

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 4:31 pm

androbot2084 wrote:

Quote:
I forgot my name

f**k yeah superpowers!

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 4:33 pm

I didn't forget the meaning of my name.

dalurker
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 5:10 pm

TheSunAlsoRises wrote:
What I'm saying IS, Dalurker's point is mute. The research is not there.

The point of my post was to imply what must be in place at this very moment in order to begin to even consider dealing with the 'brain wiring' of the Autist.

TheSunAlsoRises

It's not going to be ready overnight. Research will require time. There is lots of research out there into neurology, pathologically related or not, into autism in particular or not. Science hasn't made it this close in order to go no further.