Page 1 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

08 Apr 2012, 10:45 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
It doesn't - but neither does it say we shouldn't. Christ and his Apostles did say, though, that we believers need to avoid legalism. And I would think that avoiding everything that Christ didn't explicitly command constitutes legalism.

Jesus also said, "God is a Spirit, and those worshiping him must worship with spirit and truth." (John 4:24) It has been well researched that Easter comes from pagan origins. Where is the "truth" in a custom whose origins are blatantly false and against everything Jesus taught his followers?

The former things have passed away."

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 10:47 pm

kxmode wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
It doesn't - but neither does it say we shouldn't. Christ and his Apostles did say, though, that we believers need to avoid legalism. And I would think that avoiding everything that Christ didn't explicitly command constitutes legalism.

Jesus also said, "God is a Spirit, and those worshiping him must worship with spirit and truth." (John 4:24) It has been well researched that Easter comes from pagan origins. Where is the "truth" in a custom whose origins are blatantly false and against everything Jesus taught his followers?

Paganism is just as true as Christianity!

Alexender
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 10:48 pm

kxmode wrote:

Same could be said about christmas

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 10:50 pm

kxmode wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Because nobody today is worshiping pagan gods while celebrating Easter. They are remembering Christ's resurrection for mankind's salvation. When my family and I attended Easter sunrise service this morning, none of us were praying to Pre-Christian deities.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 10:51 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Because nobody today is worshiping pagan gods while celebrating Easter.

I am certain there are people doing this exact thing

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 10:53 pm

Declension wrote:
And on the third day he hatched again. He ascended into Chocolate. He is seated at the right hand of the Bunny, and he will come again to judge the egg painting competition.

:lmao: Amen.

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

08 Apr 2012, 10:55 pm

Alexender wrote:
kxmode wrote:

Same could be said about christmas

Yes. While Christmas is a hodgepodge of various pagan customs the bulk of it comes from a pagan Roman festival called Saturnalia. On the 25th of December Dies Natalis of Sol Invictus, the "Birthday of the Unconquerable Sun," was celebrated. It makes sense that once the apostles died Christianity became apostate. Apostasy simply means deviations from the truth. By about the 4th century this deeply apostate Christianity then merged with pagan Rome and birthed a Pagan Christian hybrid. This is why so many doctrines taught by the church today have pagan roots. They were adopted unscripturally, and took several centuries to develop into their present form. There were many church leaders who refused to go alone with these "new" teachings, and for their refusal they were deemed heretics, tortured and murdered.

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

08 Apr 2012, 11:21 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Because nobody today is worshiping pagan gods while celebrating Easter. They are remembering Christ's resurrection for mankind's salvation. When my family and I attended Easter sunrise service this morning, none of us were praying to Pre-Christian deities.

You cannot build a foundation of faith on doctrines whose origins are steep in pagan customs! This would be like building on a foundation riddled with cracks and damage. The foundation of Easter is ultimately flawed. This is why Jesus said we must worship God in spirit and truth otherwise if left to human imperfect and under Satan's control (1 John 5:19; 2 Corinthians 4:3,4) God would be worshiped in improper ways. In his word the bible he tells us exactly how he is to be worship; and contrary to what is taught Jesus is not Almighty God. Jesus is a god in that he is divine, but he is simply God's son, the firstborn of all creation as Colossians 1:15 states. Jesus had a beginning, whereas Almighty God Jehovah had no beginning. (Revelation 1:8, 22:13; Isaiah 48:12)

Rocky
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 11:38 pm

Declension wrote:
And on the third day he hatched again. He ascended into Chocolate. He is seated at the right hand of the Bunny, and he will come again to judge the egg painting competition.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wfamPW3Eaw[/youtube]

I have no idea what this means. I just like the coincidence.

Last edited by Rocky on 09 Apr 2012, 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2012, 12:43 am

kxmode wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

You cannot build a foundation of faith on doctrines whose origins are steep in pagan customs! This would be like building on a foundation riddled with cracks and damage. The foundation of Easter is ultimately flawed. This is why Jesus said we must worship God in spirit and truth otherwise if left to human imperfect and under Satan's control (1 John 5:19; 2 Corinthians 4:3,4) God would be worshiped in improper ways. In his word the bible he tells us exactly how he is to be worship; and contrary to what is taught Jesus is not Almighty God. Jesus is a god in that he is divine, but he is simply God's son, the firstborn of all creation as Colossians 1:15 states. Jesus had a beginning, whereas Almighty God Jehovah had no beginning. (Revelation 1:8, 22:13; Isaiah 48:12)

Alright, we'll base it on the bible.

Since it's easter (for another 22 minutes here), we can start with resurrection. I have a few questions.

Who was present when the stone was rolled away?

Who found the body missing?

Who told whom, and what, about what they found?

Whom did Jesus appear to, and where?

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

09 Apr 2012, 1:19 am

blauSamstag wrote:

Only the Jewish soldiers were present when the stone was rolled away. The chief priests and Pharisees told Pilate, “Sir, we have called to mind that that impostor said while yet alive, ‘After three days I am to be raised up.'" (Matthew 27:63) Pilate was obviously disgusted with these religious leaders in his reply, "YOU have a guard. Go make it as secure as YOU know how." (Matthew 27:65, 28:11) As Luke 24:1 and Mark 16:1 reports very early that morning Mary Magdalene, Mary (Jesus' mother) and Salome came to the tomb bearing spices and discovered the stone had been rolled away. But they were not present when it happened.

blauSamstag wrote:
Who found the body missing?

Peter.

blauSamstag wrote:
Who told whom, and what, about what they found?

Mary (Jesus mother) and Salome remain at the tomb, while Mary Magdalene runs off to tell Peter and John what happened. When she finds them she reports, “They have taken away the Lord out of the memorial tomb, and we do not know where they have laid him.” (John 20:2)

blauSamstag wrote:
Whom did Jesus appear to, and where?

While en route from Jerusalem to Emmaus (7 miles away) a stranger joins the disciples and Cleopas. The disciples later discover this stranger is none other than Jesus in a materialized human body. The clue to the stranger's identity is discovered when he stays for a meal. He says a prayer, breaks bread, and hands it to them. They had just celebrated the Passover and the memorial of Jesus' death a few nights prior.

Last edited by kxmode on 09 Apr 2012, 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2012, 1:20 am

kxmode wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

You and your church can believe that as much as you want, but I will never deviate from believing that Christ was both the Son of God, and God. And I believe that that is what was believed by the church from the very beginning.
As for Christ having no existence prior to his human birth, or that there were any questions about his Godhood, you may want to check out: John 1, verses 1 through 5. I think John is very explicit here.

Last edited by Kraichgauer on 09 Apr 2012, 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2012, 1:21 am

kxmode wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:

Only the Jewish soldiers and the time voyager Vigilans were present when the stone was rolled away. The chief priests and Pharisees told Pilate, “Sir, we have called to mind that that impostor said while yet alive, ‘After three days I am to be raised up.'" (Matthew 27:63) Pilate was obviously disgusted with these religious leaders in his reply, "YOU have a guard. Go make it as secure as YOU know how." (Matthew 27:65, 28:11) As Luke 24:1 and Mark 16:1 reports very early that morning Mary Magdalene, Mary (Jesus' mother) and Salome came to the tomb bearing spices and discovered the stone had been rolled away. But they were not present when it happened.

How did you know? :o

Lord_Gareth
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Apr 2012, 1:46 am

Kxmode, didn't we have this argument before? Y'know, the one where every religion robs every other religion blind and they're all essentially similar in nature?

By the by, at what point did Christ or his apostles write down that you're supposed to go forth and ruin other people's fun?

As for me, I had a pretty good Easter. I'm an atheist myself, but it's a great excuse to get the family together and we had a good time. My wife ate a chocolate bunny like I'd dusted it in cocaine, which was hilarious.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2012, 1:49 am

Lord_Gareth wrote:
Kxmode, didn't we have this argument before? Y'know, the one where every religion robs every other religion blind and they're all essentially similar in nature?

By the by, at what point did Christ or his apostles write down that you're supposed to go forth and ruin other people's fun?

As for me, I had a pretty good Easter. I'm an atheist myself, but it's a great excuse to get the family together and we had a good time. My wife ate a chocolate bunny like I'd dusted it in cocaine, which was hilarious.

I am really glad you had an happy Easter, atheist or not. 8)

Rocky
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2012, 2:35 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Lord_Gareth wrote:

I am really glad you had an happy Easter, atheist or not. 8)

As an agnostic atheist, I hope everyone had a good holiday. I think that if Jesus was real, he taught many good things and tried to help people. I just think he was deluded. To those who believe, I don't begrudge you your belief. As John Lennon wrote, "Whatever gets you through the night is all right."