Seems like consuming lemons really improves my digestion...

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 2:51 pm

...after having a really large meal. It also seems to help with fatigue, stomach pain and nausea for me.

Does anyone else have this experience? Can a long-term use cause any damage?

I'm talking about the insides of lemons, minus the seeds. They seem to give me a good feeling as they make me feel more alive.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 3:22 pm

I've been looking into acidic vs. alkaline foods lately, and surprisingly enough, lemons are extremely alkaline.
I read all the time about how they're helpful for this or that.

Aaaand since you said digestion is one of those things, I'm going to go eat some, since I just now outdid myself at Easter dinner. :)

to his Interest."

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 4:16 pm

They're so sour tasting it's almost orgasmic because of the adrenaline it gives. Feels like a cold shower without getting an actual cold of it. Good for waking up after feeling like a zombie all day for some weird reason. I take this over alcohol all day from now on.

questor
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 6:06 pm

Lemons and other citrus fruits are high in vitamin C, so they will help with fatigue and other health issues, including boosting your immune system. I used to like putting some lemon in Pepsi, before I stopped drinking sodas. I also sometimes put it in tea. When I make crock pot chicken I often add honey and lemon, along with the herbs, to season the bird. YUMMY! So, enjoy your lemons! They are a healthy way to add flavor to foods and drinks.

CrazyCatLord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2012, 4:10 am

It could be that you have too little stomach acid, which can cause stomach pain since the food remains in the stomach for too long and starts to ferment. Acidic fruits like lemons can increase stomach acid. They also contain digestive enzymes, which further improve the digestion.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2012, 1:54 pm

CrazyCatLord wrote:
It could be that you have too little stomach acid, which can cause stomach pain since the food remains in the stomach for too long and starts to ferment. Acidic fruits like lemons can increase stomach acid. They also contain digestive enzymes, which further improve the digestion.

Yeah but like stated earlier, they taste acid, but become totally alkaline once they are in your body. They don't cause stomach pain at all in my case and I've already consumed an whole army of them (yes I'm that obsessive hehe). My IBS symptoms have never been so mild as they are now.