We don't have Rick Santorum to kick around anymore!

Page 3 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Delphiki
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2012, 11:27 pm

He. was. crazy.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2012, 11:30 pm

Delphiki wrote:
He. was. crazy.

That's my verdict.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

American
Toucan
Toucan

16 Apr 2012, 11:33 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Delphiki wrote:
He. was. crazy.

That's my verdict.

At least he didn't put a period after every word he wrote. He wasn't crazy, by the way. Maybe you disagreed with him but that doesn't make him crazy. I don't think Obama is crazy. Nancy Pelosi is crazy though.

Delphiki
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2012, 11:36 pm

Well I was going for emphasis. I was lurking a while before I joined this site, when I saw your post I figured in response to mine I would have to drudge this up: http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt185565.html

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2012, 11:39 pm

American wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Delphiki wrote:
He. was. crazy.

That's my verdict.

At least he didn't put a period after every word he wrote. He wasn't crazy, by the way. Maybe you disagreed with him but that doesn't make him crazy. I don't think Obama is crazy. Nancy Pelosi is crazy though.

I'm referring to his obsession with denying homosexuals their rights, outlawing contraceptives, and then there's his association with that sinister Catholic organization that still practices self-flagellation.
That's not at all including how his wife had written how he had brought their dead baby home for their kids to hold, then how she and Santorum had slept with the corpse.

Delphiki
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2012, 11:41 pm

Now Santorum, Romney, and McCain are just as ineligible as Obama to be president so don't try to go off on that tangent.

American
Toucan
Toucan

16 Apr 2012, 11:41 pm

Delphiki wrote:
Well I was going for emphasis. I was lurking a while before I joined this site, when I saw your post I figured in response to mine I would have to drudge this up: http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt185565.html

I know, I was just giving you a hard time. I guess it's better than ALL CAPS. I looked at that thread. I didn't know this about Santorum. But this isn't the only thing I disagree with him about. I never agree with anyone completely because my way of thinking is so unique, as are my reasons for thinking the way I do. For example, I must be one of the few atheists who supports Santorum.

Delphiki
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2012, 11:44 pm

I thought this link http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2012/01/0 ... =pulsenews

was interesting, only clicked on it because it got talked about for a bit in the thread. Obama should be against abortion because he is black!

American
Toucan
Toucan

16 Apr 2012, 11:48 pm

Delphiki wrote:

was interesting, only clicked on it because it got talked about for a bit in the thread. Obama should be against abortion because he is black!

Maybe he said this because abortion kills such a disproportionately large number of black babies. Still, I think that's a good reason for any person not to like abortion.

CrazyCatLord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2012, 7:34 am

American wrote:
Delphiki wrote:

Maybe he said this because abortion kills such a disproportionately large number of black babies. Still, I think that's a good reason for any person not to like abortion.

I think you've misidentified the problem. Black people in the USA are still more likely to belong to a lower socioeconomic class, and less likely to earn enough money to raise children. Socioeconomically disadvantaged people are also more likely to be relatively uneducated, as well as more likely to turn to religion. Both lack of education and religious anti-contraception dogma lead to a higher incidence of unprotected sex. So does the increased risk-taking behavior that comes with having no future perspective. And as we all know, unprotected sex leads to unplanned pregnancies.

Saying that "abortion kills black babies" doesn't solve anything. Abortion is not the problem here. If we correctly identify the problem as social inequality, lack of education, lack of future perspective and
religious anti-birth control dogma, we might be able to change something.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2012, 2:29 pm

CrazyCatLord wrote:
American wrote:
Delphiki wrote:

I think you've misidentified the problem. Black people in the USA are still more likely to belong to a lower socioeconomic class, and less likely to earn enough money to raise children. Socioeconomically disadvantaged people are also more likely to be relatively uneducated, as well as more likely to turn to religion. Both lack of education and religious anti-contraception dogma lead to a higher incidence of unprotected sex. So does the increased risk-taking behavior that comes with having no future perspective. And as we all know, unprotected sex leads to unplanned pregnancies.

Saying that "abortion kills black babies" doesn't solve anything. Abortion is not the problem here. If we correctly identify the problem as social inequality, lack of education, lack of future perspective and
religious anti-birth control dogma, we might be able to change something.

Agreed. But there are also plenty of whites and Latinos who fall into the socioeconomic situation where religious dogma and poverty lead to unwanted pregnancies.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2012, 2:04 am

he still could run in 2016.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2012, 2:07 am

auntblabby wrote:

(Sigh) I know. :(
But then again, he'll provide us with a whole lot of laughs if he does! :)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2012, 2:14 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

some jejune thoughts on the matter of prick sanctimonium- he might do better next time, he might become a heartbeat away from the presidency, lord knows how low this nation will have descended in 4 years. i found nothing remotely funny about him, only terrifying. he is the boogeyman in the woodwork who oozes out every 4 years, waiting for his chance.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2012, 4:44 am

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

some jejune thoughts on the matter of prick sanctimonium- he might do better next time, he might become a heartbeat away from the presidency, lord knows how low this nation will have descended in 4 years. i found nothing remotely funny about him, only terrifying. he is the boogeyman in the woodwork who oozes out every 4 years, waiting for his chance.

Absolutely.

American
Toucan
Toucan

21 Apr 2012, 4:32 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Ooh Jejune! That was once the word of the day on the O'Reilly Factor. Do not be jejune when writing to the factor...