Obsessing about a character similar to another character

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

dbzgirl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Nov 2006, 11:24 am

Does anyone besides me obsess about a character on TV that is similar in some way to a character you already obsess about? For example, my favorite character on Farscape is Maldis, the galactic wizard; recently, I'm bored and I happen to flip to the Disney Channel and there happens to be a wizard character that is similar to Maldis; right after I watch it, I start to obsess about that character! I don't even like Disney movies that much now and I want to buy that movie so I can see that character! This has happened to me a lot before, to the point of buying all of the character's merchandise just to see that character. If anyone has any advice or has done or is doing this now or has done this before, it would help a lot.

dbzgirl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Nov 2006, 1:35 pm

Here's another example: I like Pikachu from Pokemon, so if there was a charactr similar to him in some way, I would be obsessed with that character too.

SoccerFreak
Toucan
Toucan

07 Nov 2006, 5:55 pm

I LOVE INVADER ZIM!! !! !! Zim is sooo cute!

ping-machine
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2006, 10:44 pm

Yeah I'm constantly obsessing about characters (which are not always on TV or movies, but sometimes.)

I was obsessed with Lupin III for a little while, and still like. And some TV series characters. And also my favourite character from Greek mythology and Trojan War, who is Cassandra.

dbzgirl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Nov 2006, 9:13 pm

I think I found a solution to that: instead of obsessing about a character similar to another character, I would obsess about the character that I would be currently obsessing about; for example, if I was suddenly obsessing about a character to Wormtail from Harry Potter, I would obsess about Wormtail instead of the character similar to him. Thanks.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2006, 10:41 pm

I don't know if I've ever actually done this, but my favorite characters are always characters I can relate to.

dbzgirl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Nov 2006, 8:45 pm

I don't think I've ever done that; do you obsess about characters similar to characters you've obsessed about, such as a parody of the character you're obsessing about?

SoccerFreak
Toucan
Toucan

13 Nov 2006, 10:04 pm

OMG! ZIM!

dbzgirl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Nov 2006, 4:56 pm

So if there was a parody of Invader Zim, you'd be obsessed with that too?

SoccerFreak
Toucan
Toucan

15 Nov 2006, 10:04 pm

dbzgirl wrote:
So if there was a parody of Invader Zim, you'd be obsessed with that too?

LOL i already watch parodies of him on youtube!! !!

And I found some picture someone drew of Zim playing soccer. I nearly died cause I love him and soccer. EEEEEEEE!! !! !! !!

DeoxysRibonuke
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Nov 2006, 2:30 pm

Alot of the characters that I like from movies are similar: Selene from "Underworld", Aeon from "Aeon Flux", Elektra Natchios from "Daredevil" and "Elektra", Violet from "Ultraviolet", but I do like an occasional different character.

Two characters that are very similar that I also like are Carrie White from "Carrie" and River Tam from the TV show "Firefly" and the movie "Serenity. My parents say they both act like me...when they're not psychotic. ^_^

Therefore, if you would like to chat me up, you may contact me at my AIM screenname. Being a student, I canno

dbzgirl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Nov 2006, 11:17 pm

Thanks; I found out that the wizard character that is similar to Maldis from Farscape is from a movie from Disney called Halloweentown. That character is named Kalabar; I now own that movie on DVD. Does anyone else like that movie or is obsessed about that character?