A possible last resort, if I am forced onto Workfare

Page 3 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

dmaher
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Jun 2012, 9:06 am

legomyego wrote:
just drink energy drinks...there are even healthy ones nowadays...

Thank you for your help but a lot of the energy drinks around here are heavy on caffeine, sugar and very long chemical words which I can't spell and don't want to drink.

I'll definitely look out for some healthy ones, can you recommend any?

All the best

D Maher

dmaher
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Jun 2012, 9:10 am

TechnoDog wrote:
Really think all drugs should be tested again.
Also I think someone could heal in a better way.
Also think the data needs collecting on medical, science & research. For this stuff.
And environmental data too.

Also could do with a equipment shop.

Dear Technodog,

Can't quite follow your e-mail, perhaps if you explain it very simply for me, I certainly agree that drugs should be tested again. I also think they should be tested for longer, like at least a decade, or two before being put on the market, but I can't see that happening.

Does anybody know if there is any collection of checkable and reliable data anywhere on effects of any mood change or drugs on autistic spectrum people compared with the same amount / strength of same drugs on neuro-typical people of similiar age, backgrounds etc. This might be interesting to read through.

All the best

D Maher

ooo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Jun 2012, 11:27 pm

WhiteWidow wrote:
You know what? Maybe working isn't so bad. 1111

It doesn't take too much to change someone's perspective. It's all a matter of the mind. You wanna live where you live? You want to save for your future and possibly your family's future? Well then you better get a job. It can be fun. It's fun to share a collective pain. This is life.

THIS.

Sheesh. So many lazy people who refuse to work around here. Glad you, WhiteWidow, see work how it should be seen.

ooo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Jun 2012, 11:29 pm

hanyo wrote:
pokerface wrote:
I have hated every job I have ever had with a vengeance so don't tell me that jobs can be fun!

I feel the same way. If something were to ever happen to my mother and she couldn't leave me anything I'll probably end up homeless and have nothing because I can't stand working, not that anyone would hire me even if I tried.

Who cares if you don't like to work? Most people don't LIKE working, but they work to make a life FOR themselves... instead of sponging off taxpayers through welfare and generally being a lazy bum.

In your situation, glad your mother can bankroll your life.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2012, 11:40 pm

ooo wrote:
hanyo wrote:
pokerface wrote:
I have hated every job I have ever had with a vengeance so don't tell me that jobs can be fun!

I feel the same way. If something were to ever happen to my mother and she couldn't leave me anything I'll probably end up homeless and have nothing because I can't stand working, not that anyone would hire me even if I tried.

Who cares if you don't like to work? Most people don't LIKE working, but they work to make a life FOR themselves... instead of sponging off taxpayers through welfare and generally being a lazy bum.

So do you just look for anyone on this site who mentions welfare so you can rip on them and make an ass of yourself with your rhetoric?..or is it just a coincidence you happen to read every thread that mentions it and leave a bunch of hate filled rhetoric towards people you don't even know, because you personally don't feel they should be on welfare or even consider it.

Here's an idea this website is not a place for personal attacks so knock it off.

LookTwice
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Jun 2012, 2:39 am

ooo wrote:
WhiteWidow wrote:
You know what? Maybe working isn't so bad. 1111

It doesn't take too much to change someone's perspective. It's all a matter of the mind. You wanna live where you live? You want to save for your future and possibly your family's future? Well then you better get a job. It can be fun. It's fun to share a collective pain. This is life.

THIS.

Sheesh. So many lazy people who refuse to work around here. Glad you, WhiteWidow, see work how it should be seen.

Sheesh. So many self-righteous people who are only here to pass judgment and appease the anger caused by their own prejudices.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2012, 5:11 am

ooo wrote:

Are you not aware that this is a site for people with aspergers and autism? People here have varying degrees of impairment and while some are able to work some can't work or are impaired enough that while they may be able to work in some situations their impairments discourage employers from even giving them a chance to try.

It's not nice kicking people while they are down.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2012, 5:17 am

ooo wrote:

It doesn't matter whether I like it or not. I can't do it and no one will hire me anyways. Almost every application I've put in in my life were ignored and I've never had a successful interview.

I'm just lucky my mother supports me or I'd be homeless and probably end up being one of those homeless people that you hear about that freeze to death in some abandoned building in the winter.

Projectile
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Jun 2012, 5:25 am

It might sound like madness but have you tried Meditation?

Projectile
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Jun 2012, 5:26 am

It might sound like madness but have you tried Meditation?

Wandering_Stranger
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2012, 8:08 am

I've now had enough of this work programme. I've spent the last week with depression and severe headaches. (which GP doesn't think is related to having brain cysts)

I asked to be signed off and when we were talking about it, said I would think about it. I want to work; but can't deal with the ignorance and being called a liar by my "adviser".

It was so much better when it was just dealing with the job centre.

I may have been offered a job I can do; but not heard anything yet. I'm lucky that the potential boss has a son (who is much younger than me; but we have a lot of similar traits) on the spectrum.

jonny23
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2012, 9:21 am

ooo wrote:
hanyo wrote:
pokerface wrote:

How can you make such statements about someone you've never even met? Are there lazy people that leach off others? Yes, but you have no idea what this persons is like and what difficulties they have. You are assuming based on a few words they wrote on an internet forum.

Wandering_Stranger
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2012, 9:29 am

ooo wrote:
hanyo wrote:
pokerface wrote:

Many disabled people (not just those with ASD) want to work. But it's impossible due to ignorance and so on. I would love to work; but with some triggers, it's impossible.

Rebel_Nowe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2012, 11:20 am

OP, have you tried Focus Factor or other such vitamin compounds aimed at the brain? I have serious insomnia sometimes, and a dose of Focus Factor (or the CVS generic Focus Smart) is sometimes the only way to get started in the morning. There's a lot of crazy stuff in them, but little your body doesn't already try to produce. I wouldn't have been able to sustain the work environment of a special needs center school with no employee accountability probably at all, nevertheless as long as I did, without them.