Iran claims arrest of terror operatives tied to Israel

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2012, 6:17 pm

Iran claims arrest of terror operatives tied to Israel

Quote:
Official Iranian media reports "major terrorist group from the Zionist regime" uncovered and several members arrested "while preparing to carry out terrorist acts"; bombs, machine guns reportedly seized.

Meanwhile, the citizens are still outpouring their love for Iran.

some atheist to stick: "You're like me!"

Aitrean
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Apr 2012, 6:52 pm

If I had a five-dollar bill for every terrorist living in Iraq, I'd be set for life. If I had a five-dollar bill for every terrorist living in the United States, I'd still be set for life. I'm sure a lot of people who don't like Israel are immediately going to assume this is a horrible act of war, but let's be logical. First, read the wording, Iran "claims" to have arrested these people. Iran claims a lot of things, every. single. day. That's why there's controversy going around about war with them, no country in their right mind can place full trust in these people with nuclear programs. In the event that they are telling the truth though, I have yet to see why it matters. If you thought Israeli terrorists didn't exist, you're insane. Every country has at least a few corrupt people, terrorists of their own, but it means nothing in comparison to most nations themselves. I bet you America has more terrorists than Israel, does that mean America is evil? Not really.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2012, 6:57 pm

For Iran this is like the pot calling the kettle black.
Keep in mind that the term "terrorist" can be used/misused many ways.............

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2012, 7:15 pm

Whenever ants turn up at an Iranian picnic, they are Zionist ants.

ruveyn

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 8:21 pm

The Iranians might have captured some Israeli intelligence agents, and are now playing it up for all it's worth.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2012, 12:59 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
The Iranians might have captured some Israeli intelligence agents, and are now playing it up for all it's worth.

Can you blame them?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2012, 1:17 pm

snapcap wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Can you blame them?

Such it is in the world of international hostility.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2012, 1:24 am

And a second batch, tied to the CIA.

The assets in Syria are not doing so well, nor will the UN Observers, who will be the next targets.

Pakistan has the bomb, the means to deliver it, as does India.

Iran is in that neighborhood. They are also allies of a very large bear.

From the other side, I read Syrian and Iranian news, the Free Trade Agreement has been signed, and an agreement for a Tehran to Damascus railroad, passing through Bagdad. The gas pipeline from Iran to Pakistan and India is being built. Another runs north into Russia. Iran is the worlds largest producer of natural gas.

This will be the largest economic block in the region.

China got the mining concession in Afganistan, they are planning a rail link, which would be close to the Iran rail link, which could connect China to Syria by high speed rail. Iran can supply the atomic power electric and the natural gas.

Jordan and Egypt would want in on the deal, and from there a rail line south through Africa, where the Chinese have many interests.

It will be the new silk road, bringing trade to half the world.

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2012, 2:55 pm

It wouldn't surprise me if the chaos in Syria wasn't a creation of the US and Israel.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2012, 4:13 pm

snapcap wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me if the chaos in Syria wasn't a creation of the US and Israel.

Nah, I think that long necked idiot running Syria didn't need any help in stirring up trouble in his own country.

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2012, 6:52 pm

I bet the whole Arab Spring, practically, was orchestrated by US/Israel and their allies.

Billybones
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Apr 2012, 9:18 pm

snapcap wrote:
I bet the whole Arab Spring, practically, was orchestrated by US/Israel and their allies.

No, the U.S. & Israel surely didn't WANT what developed in Egypt or Tunisia or Yemen. In these 3 countries they much preferred the devils they knew in Mubarak, Ben Ali & Saleh. But once the uprisings were in motion & the dominoes started falling, they, along with France, saw a golden opportunity to expand their influence & flip regional alliances - as in Libya & now in Syria.

The Saudis, though, were positively freaked & thus intervened to snuff out the revolution in Bahrain, which would have replaced a Sunni monarch with a Shi'a regime that would presumably have been friendly toward Iran & menacing to the conservative status quo that Saudi Arabia seeks to uphold.

As for Syria, it doesn't appear, at least from what I can glean, that Israel is really counting on the downfall of the Assad regime, nor that it necessarily even wants that outcome. Of all the Israeli security concerns on its borders - Lebanon & Hizbullah, Gaza & Hamas, lawlessness in Sinai, potential new intifada in the West Bank - Syria was low on its list of worries, because the Assad regime, even if hostile to Israel, is at least rational & highly unlikely to start a war.

Across the region, there was enough discontent with all these sclerotic, corrupt & authoritarian regimes, especially among young people, that all that was needed was a single spark - the events in Tunisia. Once people lose their fear, a dictatorial regime is in trouble, even a totalitarian police state like Syria. That said, I'm still not ready to believe that Bashar Assad's ouster is imminent. His regime has vastly superior firepower & no compunction about using it on unarmed civilians, while the U.S., Turkey & NATO are (for good reason) loath to intervene, & Iran & Russia are willing to support him all the way. He, his family & inner circle certainly have to know that if they let up one iota, they are all dead men.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2012, 8:50 pm

I'm shocked! Shocked!

ruveyn

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2012, 8:31 am

snapcap wrote:

There you go again with your tin-foil hat conspiracy theories.

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2012, 11:22 am

US trains terrorists

:wink: