What to do for my 21st birthday party?

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 1:13 am

Okay I really need Ideas. I haven't had a party since I was 14, and we went to miniature golf. Last year I almost had one, but got scared. The guest list would be comprised of about 15 or so people, with the youngest at 15, and the oldest at 28 (Yes, my friends ages really do range). Most between the ages of 20---25. All are Aspies or HFA, most cannot drive, and their parents would probably bring them. The parents might even hang around(the 15 year old's would have to as he's mute) unless I specifically say no (not sure on this front, because I love most of their parents, and we really get on.)

I wouldn't mind having a party suitable for older people (that would mean minus the 15 year old.) but I don't even know what that would be. I don't (and won't) be drinking, and none of my friends drink except some who have an occasional sip at home.

It's a real quandary. I would like to have a party, and most of my friends have asked if I will have one. My Birthday is next month.

Suggestions are really appreciated!

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

13 Apr 2012, 1:21 am

I dunno what you got in California, but in my town I can rent a movie theatre showing room and play an Xbox 360 game in it. That's my birthday party this year. :P

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 1:25 am

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
I dunno what you got in California, but in my town I can rent a movie theatre showing room and play an Xbox 360 game in it. That's my birthday party this year. :P
Wow, really?? That is so awesome. I didn't even know that was possible!! !

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 1:28 am

Stay at home and read a book.

:?

That's my Aspie answer.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

13 Apr 2012, 1:28 am

ShadesOfMe wrote:
MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
Wow, really?? That is so awesome. I didn't even know that was possible!! !

If you're willing to come all the way up to Scappoose... :P

Other than that, I have nothing. :shrug:

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 2:57 am

Have a BBQ. I had one for my 21st, with the addenum of cake and me feeling birthday special in a cool medieval dress.

danmac
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 8:03 am

i second grilling, food brings everyone together, and/or set up out door games(few inside just in case). but for the most part think of what ur friends do for fun, that is what brings you together anyway?
and if ur not drinking anyway, don't disclude one of ur friends? the more the marrier!
do you all like the same music? you could do a theme in that way?

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 8:20 am

Maybe also make the party BYO beverages, so people can choose if they want to drink or not.