Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 2:38 am

I feel like i've got to the point where I can't cope anymore. I just seem to accumulate more problems as I get older. When I was younger I used to think that there was the possibility that things could get better, that my life would improve. I took a course I enjoyed, got qualifications and thought that would set me up for life. But in this financial climate it's been hard to find a good job. I've barely been earning enough to pay my bills

I've been trying to improve my life but it just seems to make everything more complicated. If I hadn't gone to college I wouldn't have so much debt. I really did think I would get a good job at the end of it. I don't even enjoy my job. I'm dissatisfied with my working day.

I just feel so alone. I used to feel like I would meet someness and settle down. But the older I get the more I become aware of how my emotional issues and immaturity are hard work for another person to deal with. I really hurt someone who could have loved me and I feel stupid and sorry and wish I had done things differently. I didn't really believe he was that into me though. Maybe he wasn't. He thinks my life is working out now i've found a new job and moved to a new town. But it's not true.
I used to think I could find love, but past experience tells me that it's just not going to happen.

I feel like all the hope I had for life when I was in my 20s has been beaten out of my by the toughness of the reality of life.

I'm just so overwhelmed.

I haven't been sleeping well i'm so stressed. So everything is 100times more difficult to deal with because i'm so tired.

I would never ever end my own life. But I just wish all this would end. i'm so tired and hopeless that I feel like I can't take anymore. No matter how hard I try to improve my life I just can't seem to and I just keep ending up in the same cycle of pain and misery. I just can't cope with adult life. And I don't know what to do.

Aharon
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 4:07 am

I feel your pain. There just aren't enough hours in a day to do the basics even. I'm perplexed at people who seem to find time to wash their cars and clean their homes and still have time or energy for anything else. I also have a low paying job ad struggle just to keep things going. How people do it is beyond me.

We are not so different from potted plants in that, if given everything we need to be properly nourished, the outcome can be incredibly contrary to when we are not. A flower won't grow in flour, and neither can we.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 4:46 am

Yeah it's hard to work full time and have enough energy to keep the house clean.

Last edited by hurtloam on 13 Apr 2012, 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 9:46 am

I hear you... I've given up on finding someone and settling down - I'm not emotionally capable of meeting other people's needs, even when it's someone I love. My Mom moved into an apartment with me because I can't function by myself. She is very patient with me; but I know I am a burden to her.
I used to feel like I would magically become functional one day, but now I know it's not going to happen. I try to do what I can and make the best of it, but it's hard.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 11:37 am

I have been feeling like I am shutting down. I don't even feel like going to work these days but I force myself to go because we need the money. Eating has become a chore again, I feel I am failing as a parent and my husband has to take care of everything. He does all the finances now and he has to make sure I eat but he doesn't always do that because of his bad feet. I guess good thing I don't work full time and I let my husband talked me out of not going full time when I wanted to. But yet I have no problem cleaning our apartment because I find it relaxing and fun.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 5:28 pm

I find soup is good for the times when i'm shutting down. I don't have the energy to prepare a meal everyday so at the begining of the week I force myself to make a great big pot of soup full of vegetables and put it in tubs to eat through the week. That way meals take 4min in the microwave and i'm still getting vitamins.

CJame
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Apr 2012, 1:03 am

I hear ya. It always seems like my problems keep growing, and I keep telling myself I want to reduce this mountain of tasks before I get into a relationship. At this pace I'll never work down my list of issues and make myself available for a long term relationship. I'm overwhelmed at work -- I work in a job that requires the ability to prioritize and multi-task and I should have never taken on this job when it was offered. I didn't know the position would be this difficult and I've been meaning to quit the last year. The only thing stopping me is that my boss is someone close to my family and I don't want to disappoint him. Also, I know that I cannot find a better job right now.