Page 1 of 11 [ 169 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 5:32 pm

I'm mostly talking about parties from the country you're from.

You can mention parties from other countries if you want.

some atheist to stick: "You're like me!"

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 5:42 pm

Libertarians have a lot of things that support me.

Touretter
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Apr 2012, 6:23 pm

Besides the foreign parties I mentioned in the thread on foreign parties, I support both the Democratic Party, and the Green Party, here in the U.S.A.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 8:44 pm

Democratic. As a poor man with a poor family, the rich coddling Republicans - with all their contempt for those of us without, and who accuse us of class warfare and envy if we complain - could never represent my interests. It's the Democrats who have provided special ed programs for my autistic daughter, gave us food stamps when we needed them the most, provided WIC for my pregnant wife and for our little girl after she was born, and allow us to live in an apartment due to section 8 housing. Those, by the way, are all programs that the Republicans want to cut so they can punish "parasites" like my family and me, while using that money for even further self-destructive tax cuts for the rich.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

MarketAndChurch
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 8:47 pm

No party represents me fully, the Democrats represent me 30% and the Republicans support me 60% and all other represent me 10% so I guess the Republican party support me the most.

scubasteve
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2012, 12:40 am

Well, it's an election year, so all the parties support me. Although, once the election is over, none of them will give a **** about me... Funny how that happens.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2012, 2:35 am

the dems were the only party that ever tried to get me affordable health care, the repubs not only are opposed to affordable healthcare for all us disposable riffraff working class folk, but have just disrespected me from all directions to include [via new voter suppression laws in many states] denying my citizens' right to vote against repubs and their anti-working class plans.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2012, 3:05 am

none of them.

Declension
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2012, 3:09 am

None of the major New Zealand political parties have plans to affect my Student Allowance, and none of them have plans to remove freedoms that I rely on, so I suppose that none of them support me in any obvious way. I have relied on the public health system in the past, and Labour and the Greens are the main champions of the public health system.

But I vote Green, because they support the human race in a more abstract way.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2012, 3:32 am

Declension wrote:
I have relied on the public health system in the past, and Labour and the Greens are the main champions of the public health system.

i wish i could live in a civilized country which provides health care for all their citizens.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2012, 3:36 am

auntblabby wrote:
Declension wrote:
I have relied on the public health system in the past, and Labour and the Greens are the main champions of the public health system.

i wish i could live in a civilized country which provides health care for all their citizens.

I'm not ready to give up on Barack just yet when it comes to free medical for everyone - just as long as he gets another four years.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2012, 3:47 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Declension wrote:

I'm not ready to give up on Barack just yet when it comes to free medical for everyone - just as long as he gets another four years.

but if scalia and co. of the supremes kick out ACA, then what? nothing more on the subject will get through our balkanized congress for at least a generation if then, by which point it will be too late to do anything but allow the present non-system to collapse-in upon itself due to too many rent-collectors chasing too few dollars.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2012, 3:55 am

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Declension wrote:

but if scalia and co. of the supremes kick out ACA, then what? nothing more on the subject will get through our balkanized congress for at least a generation if then, by which point it will be too late to do anything but allow the present non-system to collapse-in upon itself due to too many rent-collectors chasing too few dollars.

Absolutely true. Our only hope would be a Democratic retaking of Congress - without the Blue Dog Conservadems who had stabbed the President - and the rest of us - in the back.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2012, 4:04 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Declension wrote:

Absolutely true. Our only hope would be a Democratic retaking of Congress - without the Blue Dog Conservadems who had stabbed the President - and the rest of us - in the back.

for that to happen would require a more morally enlightened kind of american citizenry and voting public, more like something north of the border and/or of the commonwealth. america is fatally flawed because, by and large, our enemy is ourselves. until we wake up and stop with the morally bankrupt "every man for himself" moral atavism meme, we will continue our long slow slide to obsolescence at the bottom. i'm not optimistic this will change. again, i'm reminded of that gary larson cartoon about the clueless dog in his master's car on the way to the vet's office, and the dog sees one of his buddies on the sidewalk, so he sticks his head out the car window and says to his buddy, "i'm on my way to the vet's to get tutored!" americans are like that clueless dog.

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2012, 12:50 pm

I think it's funny because people will talk about why they are affiliated with a certain party more than how a certain party is affiliated with them.

It's almost like people are around for the benefit of the party, instead of the other way around.

some atheist to stick: "You're like me!"

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2012, 12:53 pm

snapcap wrote:
I think it's funny because people will talk about why they are affiliated with a certain party more than how a certain party is affiliated with them.

It's almost like people are around for the benefit of the party, instead of the other way around.

I think it's only logical that one should stick with the party which represents one's interests.