Page 3 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

AspieSharaf
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Aug 2012, 11:54 am

Booyakasha wrote:

U Hrvatskoj isto ništa nova, imam sad preostali ispit iz rumunjskog s prve godine za položiti pa sam eto time okupirana u zadnje vrijeme.

Speaking of "ništa nova" here is a song by Oliver Dragojević which I like very much:

Nice song. If I have understood you correctly: You are now about to finish your remaining exam of your first year of rumanian and you are occupied with it right until the end of the day?

Booyakasha wrote:
Wow that was very nice! :) You had more typos than grammatical mistakes :) Too bad you gave up on it since you really do seem to have the hang of it.

I guess you then visited our coastline? :):

Thx, I only used 10 minutes to make the song :)
I have been to Split and Dubrovnik, and I like to be on a boat and drink lots of lasko pivo and maybe listen to Miso Kovac e.g this one
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjRU0zbCmHE[/youtube]

Booyakasha wrote:
Wow farsi :) Why farsi? I know nothing about it :) :

Farsi shekar ast! That means "farsi is sugar" Farsi is just so wonderfull I really love it. I have tried to learn arabic for many years but I never got no more than to A2. The verbs on arabic are just so hard :cry: . Then 3 months ago I stopped with arabic completely and started on farsi 2-4 hours every day. I am now on A2 in farsi and I really feel its a much easier language to learn than arabic, and it is beacuse its indoeuropean and the verbs are just so much easier. I want to get to B1 so I can convince my caseworker that I ought to work on the asylum center. That is something I would love to do. There are so many people from Afghanistan there and if I know farsi/dari then I would be a valuble ressource. Its also beacuse of the same reason that I learn pashto. (some afghanians dont know farsi/dari)

Booyakasha wrote:
As far as Romanian goes I think that is a good reason to start to learn the language - to impress folks. To surround oneself with natives and to try to reach their level....much better incentive than one would have in the classroom I think. :

As far as Im concerned, I have a hard time learning language in classrooms. But I think thats somewhat common for aspies. Do you also have problems with language learning in classrooms? e.g. social akwardness, system overload etc. (I do)

Booyakasha wrote:
Aceasta sunt bancurile pentru tine - despre legile lui Murphy:

Dacă un experiment reuşeşte din prima, înseamnă că ceva nu ai făcut bine.

Un istoric competent poate demonstra că orice eveniment care s-a produs era inevitabil

Pentru fiecare doctor (care are doctoratul), există un alt doctor (care are doctoratul), egal şi de sens opus. Astfel se explică de ce este atît de uşor să găseşti experţi care să se contrazică total unii pe alţii.
:

Boga me! That is hard to understand for me, even after I put it through the google translator!

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2012, 2:56 pm

AspieSharaf wrote:

Nice song. If I have understood you correctly: You are now about to finish your remaining exam of your first year of rumanian and you are occupied with it right until the end of the day?

Yes, something like that :) been terribly busy with it lately. Need to get it done with so I could focus on Finnish and Latin more. Romanian morphology - a bit headachey exam.

AspieSharaf wrote:
Thx, I only used 10 minutes to make the song :)
I have been to Split and Dubrovnik, and I like to be on a boat and drink lots of lasko pivo and maybe listen to Miso Kovac e.g this one
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjRU0zbCmHE[/youtube]

Heh he is called the "king of the pop music here" :) One of the most popular singers of all times here. Being here on the boat would be nice to me as well :) I love our coastline, but it gets a bit too crowded in the summer time. I would like to visit nordic countries as well - this climate is bit too tropical for me.

One Mišo Kovač's song that I like for you:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-rhQ5Uah4o&feature=related[/youtube]

AspieSharaf wrote:
Farsi shekar ast! That means "farsi is sugar" Farsi is just so wonderfull I really love it. I have tried to learn arabic for many years but I never got no more than to A2. The verbs on arabic are just so hard :cry: . Then 3 months ago I stopped with arabic completely and started on farsi 2-4 hours every day. I am now on A2 in farsi and I really feel its a much easier language to learn than arabic, and it is beacuse its indoeuropean and the verbs are just so much easier. I want to get to B1 so I can convince my caseworker that I ought to work on the asylum center. That is something I would love to do. There are so many people from Afghanistan there and if I know farsi/dari then I would be a valuble ressource. Its also beacuse of the same reason that I learn pashto. (some afghanians dont know farsi/dari)

Pashto :) awesome! I am a bit more traditional it seems - I never ventured outside European languages - Finnish is the most exotic I have been trying to learn! Don't you have issues with mixing up languages? Especially related ones. It happened to me when I was simultaneously studying Italian and Spanish for instance.

I am wishing you good luck with Parsi and your asylum work - one of the best things that come out of studying languages is getting to meet the folks from the other countries, I can surely understand that :) thanks to English and internet I met some amazing people around the globe, hopefully I will get to meet some more when i get better at Romanian, Finnish and Latin.

AspieSharaf wrote:
As far as Im concerned, I have a hard time learning language in classrooms. But I think thats somewhat common for aspies. Do you also have problems with language learning in classrooms? e.g. social akwardness, system overload etc. (I do)

Oh sure, but I have issues in getting myself motivated for self study so I love to go to the courses where the group is small and friendly. The bigger the group the more lost I get! But I need some feedback so lately I have been using also language exchange - have you tried that? I have a Romanian penpal for instance whom I teach Croatian and he teaches me Romanian. Very useful - we do it via messenger.

AspieSharaf wrote:
Boga me! That is hard to understand for me, even after I put it through the google translator!

Sorry, I was searching for some good Romanian jokes. Maybe better if I stick to Mujo and Haso:

Posto je Muju bolelo i nije mogao da sedi, ode on kod doktora. Doktor mu rece da se skine i naguzi. Nakon pregleda doktor kaze:
- Vi imate hemoroide!
Na to ce Mujo:
- Pa jeb'o ga ti, hecime, zar mi to nisi mogao u lice reci?

AspieSharaf
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Aug 2012, 1:25 am

Booyakasha wrote:

Yes, something like that :) been terribly busy with it lately. Need to get it done with so I could focus on Finnish and Latin more. Romanian morphology - a bit headachey exam.
Yes rumanian grammar is much harder than spanish and escpecially italian grammar

Booyakasha wrote:
Heh he is called the "king of the pop music here" :) One of the most popular singers of all times here. Being here on the boat would be nice to me as well :) I love our coastline, but it gets a bit too crowded in the summer time. I would like to visit nordic countries as well - this climate is bit too tropical for me.
I also have the problem regarding heat. I wonder if it's AS related...
I think I have heard all song of your Miso popking . I can only say that I envy you for having such a fantastic singer. Here in vikingcountry the music is boring and I dont listen to it.

Booyakasha wrote:
One Mišo Kovač's song that I like for you: .
Terrific song, I think I heard it first time in 2001

Booyakasha wrote:
Pashto :) awesome! I am a bit more traditional it seems - I never ventured outside European languages - Finnish is the most exotic I have been trying to learn! Don't you have issues with mixing up languages? Especially related ones. It happened to me when I was simultaneously studying Italian and Spanish for instance..
Well if you ever want to try "an exotic language" then start with farsi. It¨s relatively easy.
arabic and turkish is much harder. So be carefull with them. Pashto is difficult and there is not much material around.
If I speak with russians or polish people I tend to mix serbocroatian in them, beacuse serbocroatian is my reference slavic language so when I'm unsecure on the former serbocroatian words get mixed in.
I know from my extensive reading of polyglot methods etc. that it is a bad idea to learn spanish and italian at the same time beacuse of the big similarity. Chances are high in mixing them, just like it happened for you. But if you have a core in one of them it could be done e.g. you are on B1 in spanish and then start with italian. Then the matters are different.
I learn pashto and farsi at the same time, but they are not so similary like spanish and italian, so it can be done with only a little bit mixing. Actually it is an advantage beacuse they share a certain amount of vocabulay.

Booyakasha wrote:
I am wishing you good luck with Parsi and your asylum work - one of the best things that come out of studying languages is getting to meet the folks from the other countries, I can surely understand that :) thanks to English and internet I met some amazing people around the globe, hopefully I will get to meet some more when i get better at Romanian, Finnish and Latin .
Thx

Booyakasha wrote:
Oh sure, but I have issues in getting myself motivated for self study so I love to go to the courses where the group is small and friendly. The bigger the group the more lost I get! But I need some feedback so lately I have been using also language exchange - have you tried that? I have a Romanian penpal for instance whom I teach Croatian and he teaches me Romanian. Very useful - we do it via messenger.
I know the this language exchange thing but I feel stress when I imagine myself doing it. But I'm maybe too autistic.
I am very efficient on my own (when I hyperfocus) then I'm able to study languages for 6-7 hours everyday. Needless to say that I don't have any social life :) But I prefer it that way
I have the same problem as you with classes, the bigger the worse. Especially when I teach language on evening school (vecerna skola)

Booyakasha wrote:
Posto je Muju bolelo i nije mogao da sedi, ode on kod doktora. Doktor mu rece da se skine i naguzi. Nakon pregleda doktor kaze:
- Vi imate hemoroide!
Na to ce Mujo:

Oh no. I didn't understood the last line, I couldn't finde the translation for hecime. Please help me

Do you like Goca? I really love her.. here is one of her best songs
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p0johar90g&feature=related[/youtube]

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2012, 11:42 am

AspieSharaf wrote:
Yes rumanian grammar is much harder than spanish and escpecially italian grammar

The thing that helps me is that 30 % of its vocabulary is of Slavic influence, albeit with often times changed meaning. Still when compared to Latin or Finnish grammar it is a peace of cake :)

AspieSharaf wrote:
I also have the problem regarding heat. I wonder if it's AS related...
I think I have heard all song of your Miso popking . I can only say that I envy you for having such a fantastic singer. Here in vikingcountry the music is boring and I dont listen to it.

Heh I must admit I know nothing of Danish or Nordic music so I'll have to take your word for it :)

AspieSharaf wrote:
Well if you ever want to try "an exotic language" then start with farsi. It¨s relatively easy.
arabic and turkish is much harder. So be carefull with them. Pashto is difficult and there is not much material around.
If I speak with russians or polish people I tend to mix serbocroatian in them, beacuse serbocroatian is my reference slavic language so when I'm unsecure on the former serbocroatian words get mixed in.
I know from my extensive reading of polyglot methods etc. that it is a bad idea to learn spanish and italian at the same time beacuse of the big similarity. Chances are high in mixing them, just like it happened for you. But if you have a core in one of them it could be done e.g. you are on B1 in spanish and then start with italian. Then the matters are different.
I learn pashto and farsi at the same time, but they are not so similary like spanish and italian, so it can be done with only a little bit mixing. Actually it is an advantage beacuse they share a certain amount of vocabulay.

So what do you think is the best method for studying languages? What works best for you?

AspieSharaf wrote:
I know the this language exchange thing but I feel stress when I imagine myself doing it. But I'm maybe too autistic.
I am very efficient on my own (when I hyperfocus) then I'm able to study languages for 6-7 hours everyday. Needless to say that I don't have any social life :) But I prefer it that way
I have the same problem as you with classes, the bigger the worse. Especially when I teach language on evening school (vecerna skola)

6 - 7 hours! wow :) You're like my Finnish buddy who can swallow a 800 pages grammar on ancient Greek in two days :)

but if you can teach then you aren't that autistic! :) That is awesome. I would be too nervous for that. I also don't have a social life, apart from the interwebs. And with that exchange buddy I talk solely on linguistic matters so no social pressure of any kind there.

AspieSharaf wrote:
- Vi imate hemoroide!
Na to ce Mujo:

Oh no. I didn't understood the last line, I couldn't finde the translation for hecime. Please help me

Hećim - doctor. Hećime vocative case :)

AspieSharaf wrote:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p0johar90g&feature=related[/youtube]

You seem to love sevdalinke :)

perhaps this might be to your liking as well:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-noxg7lxxn0[/youtube]

AspieSharaf
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Aug 2012, 7:46 am

Booyakasha wrote:

The thing that helps me is that 30 % of its vocabulary is of Slavic influence, albeit with often times changed meaning. Still when compared to Latin or Finnish grammar it is a peace of cake :)

Oh yes finnish and hungarian grammar is insane!
I also noticed the slavic influence when I studied romanian. Maybe I will continue with romanian in the new year, when I have finished farsi and pashto

Booyakasha wrote:
So what do you think is the best method for studying languages? What works best for you?

I really use a lot of different methods, actually... At this very moment I am experimenting a lot, and I use very different methods for my languages. E.G for pashto I use pimsleur 90 % of the time and the rest on the internet or in a phrasebook. Farsi is 10 % pimsleur and then some internet, and different books.
For dutch I have the following plan: 40-50 hours with Michel Thomas dutch. then 30 hours of pimleur. Then 70-80 hours for the Assimil course And maybe 30-50 hours with another language course. I hope that should get me to intermediate in dutch. At least it's extremely easy for me beacuse I know danish german and english.

For bulgarian I use, teach yourself. I read it 2 times. When I'm through with that, I will start with, Intensive Bulgarian: a textbook and reference grammar. And maybe a little bit FSI
At the end I will read some books in bulgarian. And I would at that time be at B1 intermediate. I will then finish Bulgarian and start on Makedonski

My mandarin will be strictly pimsleur, but I dont wanna reach intermediate, just beginner is enough in that language

Booyakasha wrote:
but if you can teach then you aren't that autistic! :) That is awesome. I would be too nervous for that. I also don't have a social life, apart from the interwebs. And with that exchange buddy I talk solely on linguistic matters so no social pressure of any kind there.
You are right about me not being that much autistic.

Booyakasha wrote:
Hećim - doctor. Hećime vocative case :)
I think I understand you joke now... But I'm not 100 % sure

The sevdalinka was good. Give me another one! :D

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2012, 5:31 pm

OK here it comes :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvyLfedD5_E&feature=related[/youtube]

She is a queen of sevdalinkas :)

I am still stuck with my Romanian exam since it has been rescheduled for the next week but at least there are some good chances I might end up in Finland next month :D we'll probably passing through Copenhagen as well :)

I will investigate some of the methods you mentioned since I am having issues with lack of concentration and general exhaustion because of the baby so I need something more efficient.

Anyway if you ever decide to return to studying Romanian or Croatian and I could be of any assistance let me know :)

AspieSharaf
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Sep 2012, 2:59 pm

Good luck with the language study
I can tell you that I gonna go for french from next year on. I will use Michel Thomas. Assimil and maybe pimsleur
I have to be able to read french beacuse of the assimil series.
I will recommend that you visit the "how to learn any language" forum. There are lots of good tips and tricks for language learning
Take care!

Aspendos
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Jul 2014, 9:54 am

Hi there,

I am looking for contacts to any autistic self-advocacy organizations that may be active in Croatia.

Can someone provide me with this information?

Thanks

FadingInvidia
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Mar 2016, 8:15 am

Hey Im from Croatia :). Ja sam iz Hrvatske

nikolivec
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Nov 2020, 4:07 am

Hey, je kdo iz Slovenije?

Pepe