Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

blackcat
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2012, 4:39 pm

i am not sure that this is the right area for this post. feel free to move it. i finally got kicked out. i suppose that at my age i should have been gone three years ago and should consider myself lucky that my presence was tolerated as long as it was. that being said, i am currently mooching off of a friend. i feel horrible. she is entirely too nice to me. seriously. i'm living in their house. augh. no job prospects in sight. i feel like a bum. in the way. i also feel like i have been kicked out of the family. my mother has only contacted me once, two days after kicking me out, to say that i hate her because i deleted her from facebook. that she always knew i hated her. i deleted her...two weeks ago. got tired of the cafe world messages. i only added her to fb in the first place because she wanted me to send her stuff for that game. i honestly didnt think it was a big deal (it's not like i didnt see her in the house every day).

anyway, i honestly don't know what to do. i need to hurry up and find employment so i can stop being in the way here. but...i dunno. i am...i have never been on my own. i have no idea how to even begin balancing a check book...i have no idea how my car insurance gets paid...seriously. when i had a job...i just gave my mother my check and things got paid. i can do basic stuff. i can go grocery shopping and cook (albeit badly) and wash my own clothes and stuff, but that is about the extent of it. i'm rambling. i dont really know why i am writing this.

questor
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2012, 5:19 pm

There are how-to books on how to start off on your own in life. There are also budget books. If you can't afford to buy them, you can at least take them out of the library. Then you can make notes or copies of important stuff in the books.

Also, contact the Mental Health Dept or Welfare and ask if they know of any classes in your area for young people starting out on their own that offer training in stuff you need to know to live on your own. There are classes for this out there, but they are not available everywhere. One of the issues I have with the school system in the USA is that it really doesn't teach this basic stuff that every one needs to know. They should get it in high school or even before.

As for your bank book--it's basic math, but you do have to try to update it at least once a month to keep track of your money, and to make sure you don't get over drawn at the bank.

If you over stay your welcome at your friend's house you can also go to a local shelter. I had to stay at a Salvation Army Shelter for a month once due to a problem with a relative.