The Paragraph Collection - Short stories.

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

mindlessinthedark
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Apr 2012, 12:38 am

This is a collection of my paragraph stories. I do create words sometimes, if none exist. But I try to make sure I sure the correct origin word

There came the day when the girl sat, she sat quietly, ultimately and inconsequencly quiet. She stared into the dark outside and smiled at her reflection. The reflection was smiling with her, the same sad smile that shown on her face. The stars shone and the moon glistened and she sighed. The world was right and wrong and lovely and ugly. She didn't care. She wanted more, she wanted less. She wanted all and everything and nothing at all. Her living was complex and simple. But all that showed through was the sad smile, and a sigh.

The rain fell gently against the trees, drops sliding from one leaf to the next. A single drop fell onto the nose of a sleeping boy, unaware of his surroundings. The elfin boy stirred slightly, wiping off the wet with a hand. He yawned and moved. His clothes grown in with moss and his skin tinted green with the brush that had fallen over him in all those winters of sleep. He turned, and rubbed his eyes. Sitting up slowly, the boy stretched and stood. The trees small leaves opening with the spring.

Lazily the lady bug drifted between the fingers of the still hand. She moved into the sensitive skin between, causing the hand to twitch.The man to which the hand belonged, long withered, leathery skin crinkled as he moved. His milky eyes opened as he rocked forward in the chair. The early fall breeze crisp and cool against his skin. Breathing deeply, he sung. The small world of which he lived upon shook and the wind shifted with his voice, as it resenated throughout the plains. The clouds shifted, his eyes lightened. The world reversed, summer came, spring shrank. Snow fell. Life reversed. Dancing in the cosmic creation the world moved, the small creatures gathered, he died and they created. Relife, child and mother dancing in the snow, singing through the rain, running in the summers. Life lived through this opposition. Life flashed before the mans eyes with his last thought.

The canary sings from within the cage, knowing its voice is not trapped with it. It sings to its love in the sky, the gently gleaming star. The star shines upon its love, knowing it can do nothing more. The lovers long since knowing they shall never be together. But still the star gleams and the bird sings.

She smiled at me, her haired arms curled... She ate away at my soul, gnawing slowly on life's power. Her hoofed feet scrapped the floor. She's dead, gone, undead. She is the creature of the unlife, but she is exquisite, this creature before me, saliva gathering. She is the passion of everyone, but I am to be pleased instead. Her lips pulled back from her blunted teeth, tongue sliding slowly from her lips, hair pulling, blood rushing. Her strange eyes hypnotizing, pulling me into the world not ours, seductress, succubus, eating my passion, leaving my empty shell.

Gently her eyes opened and smelled the moist air, her lungs felt full but her breath caught, gently looking to the sky, crystals fell. She was small, white as the snow that surrounded her, excluding the eyes. They burnt like charcoal, betraying her innards. Inside she burned, she was the hidden flame in the land. The flame that was ice let loose her lungs and from her poured vapor. She was lost. The little girl stared as the fae danced in her sight. She was damaged, but not lost. The began kissing her eyelids, the angelic demons. They loved her dearly, although they didn’t know what love was. Fleeting fancy entranced them, she was as they were, but she was human. She fell, and did not stand again, her fiery eyes stared unto the souls that surrounded her, they continued kissing her cooling flesh, she stared into them, even as she lay dead.

When she fell, she died. she died deep down in her soul, but not in the literal way. She died as a tree does in the nearing winter, and a flower filled with seeds will. She died and wilted and cried out, as she did fall. Onto the earth she fell. And as she fell, she died.

Fall gently gliding from my high perch, floating as a feather, an air bubble rising from the depths of the abyss, desolate and quaint reality I share with myself, to the world that all others belong, confused and newborn, seeing what most have come to ignore, and smile.

The wind brings the ocean through the trees, with the distant clank of a buoy from the bells ring.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 6:07 pm

I really like what you wrote. They could be construed to be prose poetry. Great power of description.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

mindlessinthedark
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Apr 2012, 9:55 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
I really like what you wrote. They could be construed to be prose poetry. Great power of description.

Thanks, Poetic prose is typically all I can write, knowing that someone likes it is cool.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2012, 10:12 pm

mindlessinthedark wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Thanks, Poetic prose is typically all I can write, knowing that someone likes it is cool.

You're more than welcome. 8)

Inyanook
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Apr 2012, 10:13 pm

mindlessinthedark wrote:
But all that showed through was the sad smile, and a sigh.

Love this line.

Great collection, and I'd really be interested to see what you'd do with a longer piece! Have you tried?

And on a totally unrelated note — you have the most gorgeous hair! :mrgreen:

It was tense.

mindlessinthedark
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Jun 2012, 9:45 am

Inyanook wrote:
mindlessinthedark wrote:
But all that showed through was the sad smile, and a sigh.

Love this line.

Great collection, and I'd really be interested to see what you'd do with a longer piece! Have you tried?

And on a totally unrelated note — you have the most gorgeous hair! :mrgreen:

Thank you for both your compliments! Sorry for the few month delay, I tend to forget about sites I'm not completely active with... I'll probably send you a PM if you don't respond in a few days... I have written a few things, the longest I have gotten is a five thousandish? page story about an "angel" written in a more abstracted manner than these... Everything else I tend to forget or don't ever complete.

Aelfwine
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Jun 2012, 2:01 pm

I also like what you wrote.
It is much better than my stories.
Almost every sentence is perfect.

mindlessinthedark
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Jun 2012, 1:42 am

Aelfwine wrote: