what is the last fun place you went to?

Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

felinesaresuperior
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2012, 6:56 am

and what did you do, and who were you with? describe the place. i went to the zoo with my eighteen and a half year old niece. it's a very small zoo, tiny really. but there are those absolutely lovely paths twisting among and around bushes. you feel like you're in the jungle, and i've always wanted to live in the jungle.
i feel bad for the animals locked up, though. they shouldnt do this. but the zoo will survive and those animals are going to be stuck there whether i go or not. and i dont like to go to many places. only the zoo got my interest.
my niece wanted to go to the stuffed animals' area, with dinosaurs and saber tooth etc. i told her the huge white bear looked real, and suppose he is? what if someone stole the stuffed bear and brought a real one, and gave him an injection to make him sleep, and now the injection is wearing off?
so my niece decided to make a horror movie. she asked me to walk down the five stairs toward the bear, look around, look at the bear and freeze in fear. i did that several times, till the batteries on her cell phone died.
i love watching the ducks swim in the water. and there were two tiny capuchin monkeys holding on to their mother's back, wrapping their spidery arms and legs around her back.

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2012, 6:59 am

I spent a night in Toronto with my friend in her new apartment. We ordered Chinese food and watched movies. It was nice because I hardly ever get to see her and we were able to talk which is nice because she has bad anxiety like I do.

felinesaresuperior
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2012, 2:45 pm

lostgirl1986 wrote:
I spent a night in Toronto with my friend in her new apartment. We ordered Chinese food and watched movies. It was nice because I hardly ever get to see her and we were able to talk which is nice because she has bad anxiety like I do.

i have anxiety too, since i was a small child. but i dont have to so bad. i used to be terrified as a six year old, but only on occasions, not every day or something. and now it's more or less under control. i've heard about a girl who couldnt move or function at all due to very severe anxiety, so i guess my anxiety cant be that bad.

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2012, 2:56 pm

The last place that I went to, and had a lot of fun. Was in Colorado a few years back with my dad. We didn't do a whole lot, but it nice to get some fresh mountain air.

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2012, 3:17 pm

The last serious place that I went to that was fun, was a bowling alley with my former girlfriend this last January. It was quite fun, even though she definitely put my score to shame, it didn't bother me... I was quite happy to spend quality time with her :)

Also, it was surprising because she came home early from work unexpectedly to do so with me, so that was touching :?

It was kind of more than just the bowling alley though, because we also went and got dinner at a good pizza place we liked afterward... I really enjoyed that night... and it comes across as quite special to me :|

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2012, 3:38 pm

felinesaresuperior wrote:
lostgirl1986 wrote:

i have anxiety too, since i was a small child. but i dont have to so bad. i used to be terrified as a six year old, but only on occasions, not every day or something. and now it's more or less under control. i've heard about a girl who couldnt move or function at all due to very severe anxiety, so i guess my anxiety cant be that bad.

Yeah, there were certain times in my life where I've been agoraphobic and there was a period of a few years where I'd have a phobia of eating in front of people in formal settings, especially. My hands would start to shake really badly and I'd basically have an anxiety attack. I hated doing presentations at school, I'd have anxiety attacks doing those as well.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2012, 3:52 pm

In March I went to a piercing place. IDK how many people here find that exciting, but I sure did.

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2012, 4:03 pm

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
In March I went to a piercing place. IDK how many people here find that exciting, but I sure did.

I love going to tattoo and piercing places. I love looking at the jewelry and the tattoo flash. I find that piercings and tattoos are very addictive. I've had my ears piercing numerous times with 3 holes in each ear and I have my belly button pierced. I stop at that though because I can't have any facial piercings for my line of work. I've always considered getting a nose piercing or an eyebrow piercing in the past. My friend has a monroe piercing and my other friend has a surface piercing close to her eye, they look nice.

I also love tattoos, I have two of them and I want to get another one in the future.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2012, 4:47 pm

The Sarah Hughes Brewery near Dudley.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2012, 5:15 pm

I went on a Saturday outing to see a curling match at the Olympics a couple of years ago, this February. :)

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2012, 1:30 am

I visited my now ex boyfriend who lives in Ontario. We did a lot- too much to list. (I live in the U.S, by the way)

Barefoot_Boy
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Apr 2012, 5:28 pm

lostgirl1986 wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:

I love going to tattoo and piercing places. I love looking at the jewelry and the tattoo flash. I find that piercings and tattoos are very addictive. I've had my ears piercing numerous times with 3 holes in each ear and I have my belly button pierced. I stop at that though because I can't have any facial piercings for my line of work. I've always considered getting a nose piercing or an eyebrow piercing in the past. My friend has a monroe piercing and my other friend has a surface piercing close to her eye, they look nice.

I also love tattoos, I have two of them and I want to get another one in the future.

My friend runs a tattoo shop close to me. I love going there and seeing the stuff going on. I'm scheduled for my first tattoo in a couple weeks. I'm scared, anxious, excited, and many other things all at once. I started planning this tattoo when I was 16. It's my design idea with the artist's professional sketching of it. I turned 18 last month so I'm ready for it. It's a huge design. I figured I would go way out for it. It will take several settings, so I should have plenty of time at the tattoo shop. My friend is giving me a great deal on this because he is my friend, and he's thinking that it might be a work that he can submit to magazines. That would be awesome.

John Greenleaf Whittier

xXSeaShellXx
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Apr 2012, 6:28 pm

The last place I went to was a zoo too, but it's actually not just a zoo but a place for taking care of endangered animals so they can be released back into the wild, so you might like this one. I saw peacocks with their tail feathers spread wide open and I saw a variety of other animals, but the two coolest new things was that they had a baby gorilla being nursed and an exhibit that showed natural wild animals like birds, rabbits, and squirls in the nearby woods behind a special glass wall where you could see them but they couldn't see or hear you. It was really cool. :)

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2012, 6:37 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I went on a Saturday outing to see a curling match at the Olympics a couple of years ago, this February. :)

Which one was it? I probably watched it on tv.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2012, 1:44 am

ocean shores and pacific beach, washington, 3 years ago. if it weren't an all-day drive, i'd visit more often.

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2012, 1:58 am

Louisiana Music Factory was pretty fun...Yeah, i wandered around canal today for awhile and went to the factory looking for arlo guthrie. Buzzed through galactic, johnny sketch, james booker, and los bayou ramblers as well. it was pretty busy on the first floor as a whole bus load of british visitors were in the store. arlo guthrie was available...in vinyl. i might need to invest in a record player.

now a serious outing...went to the bulldog a couple of weeks ago. had some nachos and sipped on a don de dieu.

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you